Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:42:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XDN] Foundation  (Read 10123 times)
JypsiCreme

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:46:46 PM

Hello everyone!

I wanted to announce that we have launched a crowdfunding campaign on our recently released Darknote Foundation site: we have a long road ahead of us, making every effort possible to promote the XDN's cause, and all those activities will require funding.

The wallet address for donations is dddDuFCdYkmUYDPzxc52eiWkW3QMpawcF5b93tBjaHai12c6krts7GydAMTtD2qF2xaRMC5UvSrrURp gJQnGxdRG2aNscqke6.

Currently we are conducting a market study into how many people are willing to invest money in this project and how much: after we are done with it, we will publish the funding target and the timeframe within which we're going to collect the XDN. In the meantime we are happy to accept just any sums you wish to invest.

In the nearest future we will also publish a plan for our short-term marketing activities, so that everyone can see what the collected money is going to be spent on.

The official page for this campaign is http://xdnfoundation.org/fundraising, please stay tuned to it and to this thread for upcoming updates on the campaign.

Thank you very much, and make the cash flow, guys Smiley Also, make sure to add some commentary to your donations, it can be anything: your name, the name of your site, etc. We'll make a list of donators shine eternally in our hall of fame on the Foundation's site.

P.S. I'll be donating a certain amount from my own pocket, in case if anything's wondering.

Congrats on launching the campaign. I have one question though: how are you approaching the market study? I imagine asking people about their money investment preferences can't bee too easy in a community centered around idea of making cash flows as discrete and untraceable as possible.
Also, I have a suggestion: you should ask people who donate to send the payment IDs of the transactions as well: that way, their donations will be publicly visible and thus you will be held accountable for the money, which ensures the necessary transparency.
Brian Gerald (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:08:38 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 06:36:43 PM by Brian Gerald

We've had two crazy weeks, with lots getting planned and accomplished. The capitalization of Darknote now stands at around $1.2 million, having more than doubled since we set off on our mission. With the XDN Foundation website now launched, three new team members brought on-board, and the XDN market study accomplished – we are moving on to the next important stage of our plan.

Today, I am happy to announce the start of the XDN crowdfunding campaign. More information about the campaign can be found by visiting the following link: http://xdnfoundation.org/fundraising.

To facilitate XDN Foundation’s crowdfunding round we carried out a study to learn more about the XDN market and the stakeholders’ preferences. We did a survey of a sample of XDN holders and received an overwhelming response. The fact that most of the replies were very positive indicates that our mission is being received well by the XDN community, and we are very grateful for this.

The results of our research are quite conclusive, showing that the community of XDN holders is both large and active. However, we felt it was difficult, and somewhat inappropriate, to narrow down the numbers of  possible XDN holders too much, so we have decided to indicate only the estimated boundaries of the community size – from 10k to 100k.

We also concluded that the average stake of the XDN holders is around 1-2 million in Darknotes. The holders with above the average stakes are in possession of around 2-5 million of Darknotes. There are, however, also some holders, who are in possession of staggering 100 million or more of Darknotes.

This survey gave us some very positive feedback and strengthened our confidence about the success of our mission. It also helped us set our financial goals for the campaign – 50 million Darknotes. With such support from the community, I am confident that we will achieve this goal. The campaign will last until Thursday, the 9th of June 2015.

To uphold the credibility of our crowdfunding campaign we will post screenshots of all the donations dropping into the wallet. We will make sure that the community drives both this process, and the future development of the XDN Foundation.

Join us and let’s make history together!
Xian_XDN

Activity: 115

DigitalNote: because you deserve privacy

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 08:55:26 PM

Hello everyone! We've received a couple of donations already - thanks to those who have sent them! Guys, if you want to be recognized personally, please use the following Payment ID when sending money, so that we can keep track of the senders: 28eaca07b76c4b0aeb140cfe4d1496eb3797a7ee5a6131f5d2356021d2aff361.

Xian_XDN

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 09:08:25 PM

Hello everyone! We've received a couple of donations already - thanks to those who have sent them! Guys, if you want to be recognized personally, please use the following Payment ID when sending money, so that we can keep track of the senders: 28eaca07b76c4b0aeb140cfe4d1496eb3797a7ee5a6131f5d2356021d2aff361.

Also, I almost forgot to mention: you all should check the developers' twitter @DarkNote_XDN: the XDN's Birthday is coming and they've got something big to roll out pretty soon, so let's stay tuned. I bet my hat that it's going to blow everyone's minds.

examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3186

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 02:25:55 AM

XDN these days looks good on the market. I hope the trend continues
i can't found any marketing material about Darknote except website. I moderated several web pages and i can place some info about him

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
KylePleaseNotAgain

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:27:08 PM

Yeah all right, just a couple isn't enough. I'm a miner holder, so I'll send you some of my own XDN later tonight. I think we're already past deciding if this is going to take off or not, so I wanna be a part of it.
hodlbananas

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:24:36 PM

Hey Xian, my suggestion earlier for you was to keep the momentum of the Foundation's growth. However, words without actions ring hollow, so I'll also donate you some Darknotes. Cheers.
bytemuma

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:33:57 PM

I'm gonna follow the evolution of the foundation, i only have a small amount of xdn, but if the price keep rising i'm considering donate  some xdn.

███
                              █████
           ██           █████████              ██
       █████         
█████████         ██████
     ████████         
█████         █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
            ████████              █████████
               █████       ███       █████

███       ██       █████       ██       ███
    █████            █████████            █████
█████████    █████████████    █████████
█████████    █████████████    █████████     
    █████            █████████            █████
      ███        ██      █████      ██      ███
               █████      ███       █████
            ████████              █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
     ████████         
█████        █████████
       █████         
█████████        ██████
           ██           
█████████           ██
                              █████
                                ███

Adonx.one

◆ Twitter
◆ Telegram
◆ Discord

Xian_XDN

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 04:46:35 PM

Thank you all guys for your donations!

I wanted to let you know, that it happened: the XDN's dev has released a major update, tied to their Birthday. Apparently, it includes a rebranding of the coin, since it is now called DigitalNote and a new design, which you can check out here: http://digitalnote.org/

Judging from the Foundation's standpoint, it is a great update, since now the coin doesn't appeal to niche ('dark') communities, but instead is styled as a much more mass-adoption-friendly concept, which means that even though we'll have to work on rebranding the Foundation's site to match, our job is made easier in the future.

Among other major updates I believe worth noting, are the encrypted messaging system, which has become instantaneous, and the PoW-PoS hybridization, which was predicted by Brian earlier in one of the threads.

Overall, I think that this is a major event for the community, one that will prove instrumental in the continued growth of the coin's adoption.

JforJoker

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 12:32:58 PM

Thank you all guys for your donations!

How much you raised from these donations?
Xian_XDN

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 09:02:04 PM

Hello everyone!

Seeing as we have collected quite a bit of donations (and to answer JforJoker's question), I'd like to make a report on the status of the campaign so far. Here's the screenshot of our incoming transactions:

Overall, we have received almost 3 million worth of donations. The largest donation so far is 2 million XDN, apparently sent by Roger Ver Wink

Among others are a 500k transaction from a newly acquired friend from the community, whom Brian is reportedly in contact with. There's also a wish of good luck there (thanks, that's very nice of you!) and a good piece of advice. Additionally, there's a donation from our fellow DarkNote Books (cheers) and numerous others, including those who wished to stay anonymous.

I wanted to thank each and every one of you who donated their money towards our cause: our endeavor would end nowhere, if it wasn't for your generous support. Let's hope that we'll receive more donations in the future, and I will get back to you tomorrow with a new report.

Thank you all again!

Brian Gerald (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:30:14 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2015, 10:40:48 PM by Brian Gerald

The greatest achievement of ones' work is trust of the community and strong volunteer movement, which we seem to be gaining steadily. We have got good traction in our crowdfunding campaign and are seeing significant interest from highly skilled and professional volunteers, who seek to leave their mark in the success of our mission. Such response from the community signals that we are moving in the direction that the community feels passionate about. The Cryptonote-based XDN offers opportunities that reach far beyond the digital money phenomenon. It allows to be absolutely untraceable and anonymous bypassing the banking system and underpinning the true notion of freedom.

We feel that we are in the right place and doing the right thing, and your energy expressed in donations to support our cause strengthens this belief.

Thank you and keep those donations coming!
Sourgrapes2015

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:48:06 PM

I like this new direction. Proffesionalism is key to not get buried by other clones or forks of the original bytecoin vission. I trust this team has close understanding and a guiding hand that will allow them to oersevrre . going to send a donation over soon.
Brian Gerald (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:49:14 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 06:46:58 PM by Brian Gerald

As some of you are already aware, the XDN Foundation website is down. Don’t panic, this is a planned downtime. We are changing servers and planned to carry it out last night, but, unfortunately, it’s taking longer than we initially anticipated.

We are currently working on bringing the website back online, while also rolling out the backup plan. We plan to have the website up and running by the end of today.

In any case, please, don’t stop your donations coming to reinforce our XDN Foundation crowdfunding campaign. Below is our wallet address and Payment ID.

Wallet address: ddDuFCdYkmUYDPzxc52eiWkW3QMpawcF5b93tBjaHai12c6krts7GydAMTtD2qF2xaRMC5UvSrrURpg JQnGxdRG2aNscqke6.

Payment ID: 28eaca07b76c4b0aeb140cfe4d1496eb3797a7ee5a6131f5d2356021d2aff361
Xian_XDN

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 01:26:06 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 09:46:21 AM by Xian_XDN

Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that XDN's Facebook page has been moved to https://www.facebook.com/digitalnote.xdn, please stay advised.

Xian_XDN

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 08:46:05 PM

Hello guys, I'm here with today's report on donations:

Today we have received 3.5 million XDN more, adding up to a total of 6.5 million.

The largest donation came from someone who loves Monero, but obviously hates XDN, since they're so ready to give it away in the form of the largest donation we've received so far.

Second place was taken by a mysterious Kangaroo hunter: good luck in your hunting, and thank you for the 600k XDN.

The three other transactions are 300k, 95k and a 2 XDN - thanks guys, especially this last one, ha!

OK guys, thank you very much again, see you tomorrow with a new report!

KylePleaseNotAgain

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:58:54 PM

Hello guys, I'm here with today's report on donations:

http://i57.tinypic.com/v7avpk.png

Today we have received 3.5 million XDN more, adding up to a total of 6.5 million.

The largest donation came from someone who loves Monero, but obviously hates XDN, since they're so ready to give it away in the form of the largest donation we've received so far.

Second place was taken by a mysterious Kangaroo hunter: good luck in your hunting, and thank you for the 600k XDN.

The three other transactions are 300k, 95k and a 2 XDN - thanks guys, especially this last one, ha!

OK guys, thank you very much again, see you tomorrow with a new report!

Yo guys, I see you are starting to collect some tangible sums of money. Good for you! What is the overall target you are aiming for?
Xian_XDN

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 08:29:37 PM

Hello my friends. I'm here with today's report on the crowdfunding campaign:

This day wasn't as good as the previous two, bringing just about 2 million XDN more, with the toal sum collected so far brought to 8.3 million coins. But hopefully when the Foundation's site is up and running stably, we will get back on our tracks.

The largest donation for today is a sum just 1 XDN shy of 1 million, sent by the St. Canard's masked hero - Darkwing Duck. Thank you very much and please stay safe while fighting crime on the streets.

The second largest transaction is a 700k, which will hopefully get us to the Moon.

Thanks to you guys, and to the three other donators (every bit counts!), and as always: see you all tomorrow.

P.S.: to answer the question that came from KylePleaseNotAgain: we are aiming for 50 million XDN collected by the end of the campaign.

JforJoker

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:30:08 AM

with the toal sum collected so far brought to 8.3 million coins.

$1500 in a week - not bad. I hope you won't run off with the money.
Brian Gerald (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:33:57 AM

I have two great news! Firstly, the updated XDN Foundation website is back online and, secondly, we have collected around 10 mm XDNs, which brings us closer to our crowdfunding campaign goal of 50 mm XDNs. We have done a great progress in the crowdfunding campaign with overwhelming support from the community. However, we still have quite a way to go in order to achieving our campaign goal. So please keep those donations coming and let’s take XDN to the level where it deserves to be.

To compensate for the XDN Foundation website downtime, we are extending the crowdfunding campaign until 12 pm Monday, June 15.

On a different note, I had quite a few community members approach me wanting to help with the XDN Foundation and our mission in general. I am delighted that so many of you starting to trust what we are doing and getting onboard. Thank you for your proactive position and willingness to help. If any of the community members who kept quiet until now are ready to help us with our mission please PM me or send me an e-mail (brian.gerald007@gmail.com).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: