Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:14:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XDN] Foundation  (Read 10123 times)
Brian Gerald (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:54:36 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2015, 06:50:57 PM by Brian Gerald

So, the preliminary XDN market study results are out. Below is the infographics portraying the initial results of the study. We are still waiting for some responses and sending out new invitations to participate in the survey to community members. To those of you who already responded – Thank YOU! If you received my enquiry, but didn’t have the time to respond yet, please spare 5-10 minutes of your time to reply to me. If you didn’t receive the enquiry to participate in the survey, but have a Digitalnote stake and want to take part in the survey, please PM me or send me an email (brian.gerald007@gmail.com).

For those of you, who want to contribute to our XDN marketing discussion, please click on the following link.
XDN Marketing Future thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066676.0

If you still haven’t visited the XDN Foundation website, check it out: http://xdnfoundation.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian_XDN

Activity: 115

DigitalNote: because you deserve privacy

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 09:42:12 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm here today with great news: since the time of my last report, we have accumulated 8.7M XDN more worth of donations, with the totally raised sum reaching the mark of just under 17M coins.

In fact, there are so many donations that came in, that all of them don't even fit into one screencap:

Our decision to extend the campaigns time terms is proving itself as a good call, since with the Foundation's website being back up and the increased marketing effort from Brian (good job on that study, by the way!) we just might be able to hit the target by the end of the run.

There's no point in listing every transaction, like I did before, since there are so many of them now, so I just want to say a huge thank you to all of the donators. It is now apparent, that we indeed CAN make it to the Moon, so let's keep up!

See you tomorrow with a new report, people.

Xian_XDN

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 03:06:25 PM

Hey guys!

For the last couple of days we have seen a very impressive increase in the number and size of donations. In fact, we have set a new record: since the time of my last report we have received a whopping 10.4 million XDN worth of donations. You can see here, that we have just hit and passed the 50% mark of our target sum, with 27.4M XDN collected out of 50M intended:

I have decided not to include individual transactions as there are too many of them now to be conveniently readable. Instead, let me provide you all with a concise report:

There are 18 new donations, ranging from as little as 39 800 XDN to as much as 2 890 000 - the largest transaction, which signed, rather ambiguously, as 'poloniex.com'.

The second and third largest donations were 2 718 281 (signed 'Ccru') and 2 530 015 (from an anonymous benefactor).

Overall, we are approaching our target with an ever more increasing speed, and with two and a half days left until the end of the run, we have every chance to reach the goal.

Thank you all again and let's keep 'em coming.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:20:19 PM

Nice. Hopefully you guys sell em off slowly. Looks like if you dumped 27M XDN on Poloniex right now it'd take the price back down to 30 or 40 satoshi. 

Maybe you should also setup a BTC (or LTC or XMR or...) address for donations as well. Just a thought...
hodlbananas

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:37:52 PM

Nice. Hopefully you guys sell em off slowly. Looks like if you dumped 27M XDN on Poloniex right now it'd take the price back down to 30 or 40 satoshi. 

Maybe you should also setup a BTC (or LTC or XMR or...) address for donations as well. Just a thought...

Double that, I wouldn't want to see the Foundation crash its own coin either, but it seems that so far these guys know what they're doing.
Brian Gerald (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:04:18 PM

We already considered the market reaction to our XDN crowdsale campaign in our initial plan. The campaign is going to be done over-the-counter, therefore, the market price will not be affected and the increasing demand for the XDN will be satisfied accordingly. Our aim is to promote and strengthen XDN, therefore, we are very careful not to compromise our effort. The underpinning factor of the XDN Foundation's mission is to create value for the community with every action we take.
Xian_XDN

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 03:07:18 PM

Hey everyone. With just nine hours until the end of the XDN Foundation's crowdfunding campaign, we don't have very much time to collect what's left to reach our target, so I will keep this short:

Since the time of my last report we have received 32 donations - that's a very impressive influx of donations, again unlike anything we've seen before. The increased activity around XDN in Twitter probably might be the cause of this surge. Currently the collected sum is just over 43 million XDN. We have to gather at least 7 more million until 23:59 UTC today.

Judging by the current amounts and frequency of payments, we can very well hit and pass the target, so I urge everyone to keep donating and getting closer to our goal.

Thank you all very much and see you in 9 hours with the final report on the campaign.

Double that, I wouldn't want to see the Foundation crash its own coin either, but it seems that so far these guys know what they're doing.

Hey guys. I get your concerns, but you shouldn't worry: the Foundation maintains a policy of minimal market manipulation/impact: they will pay their employees in XDN and try best to persuade the contractors to take XDN for their services. In the case where paying in XDN is not possible, we will conduct exchange deals in such a manner as to minimize the impact on market price.

Which brings me to my next point: we will most probably be successful in collecting the targeted 50 million XDN and I'd say that about 70% of that will have to be converted into BTC very soon. We are currently looking into opportunities for OTC deals that will allow us to exchange the raised funds without crashing the market rates. I've already had several bids offered to me personally, but those aren't nearly enough to cover the entire sum we're planning to exchange.

So I'd like to ask you all about deal strategies that can allow us convert the XDN fast, in large amounts and without hitting the market hard. Maybe someone knows good examples of previous campaigns of different coins that have already accomplished similar tasks, or can maybe even point me to the exact place where such deals can be struck.

Please share your ideas, everyone's opinion is most welcome.

duplan

Activity: 269
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:06:38 AM

Plan A
I suggest you put them into the crowdsale
for the amount you wish to get converted .
Hitting the market places will be avoided …

Plan B
However , it is better to channel this in another way :
Ask the participants to contribute with their work by
being paid in locked or banked XDN's - leap of faith Cool

Thus , the idea of banking by using XDN currency is on .
This move will ensure we have believers who inspire all .
Who else must show strength if not we ducklings here ?'

In comparison and by giving it a thorough thought ,
Plan B has more advantages in a wholesome view ;
The longterm gains from such additional t·h·rust will
compensate for the waiting and the spiritual forfait·h .

Xian_XDN

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 05:24:11 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to announce that we've successfully finished the fundraising campaign, collecting just over 61.1 million XDN in donations, out of our 50 million target.

I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has helped the Foundation to achieve this. This money will help us immensely in reaching the goal of XDN's mass adoption.

Special thanks goes to the person who sent the single largest donation of 8.5 million XDN (they also added the link to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19V6wDujWyQ): if you're still out there, I would like to ask you to please send another transaction of any size AND tick the "Reply To" box in the wallet, so we could get in touch with you via the XDN messenger.

I believe Brian will post here a bit later with more details on how the campaign went, and tomorrow we'll get back to you with a plan for spending the raised funds.

Thank you all very much!

Plan A
I suggest you put them into the crowdsale
for the amount you wish to get converted .
Hitting the market places will be avoided …

Plan B
However , it is better to channel this in another way :
Ask the participants to contribute with their work by
being paid in locked or banked XDN's - leap of faith Cool

Thus , the idea of banking by using XDN currency is on .
This move will ensure we have believers who inspire all .
Who else must show strength if not we ducklings here ?'

In comparison and by giving it a thorough thought ,
Plan B has more advantages in a wholesome view ;
The longterm gains from such additional t·h·rust will
compensate for the waiting and the spiritual forfait·h .

Thanks for the suggestions, duplan! The Foundation is already going to pay its employees in XDN. As to the plan A, we're open to any purchase offers from anyone, but we probably should indeed run another campaign, this time selling the coins at or around market price. We'll keep looking into the options, there is no final decision at the moment.

hodlbananas

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:27:32 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, duplan! The Foundation is already going to pay its employees in XDN. As to the plan A, we're open to any purchase offers from anyone, but we probably should indeed run another campaign, this time selling the coins at or around market price. We'll keep looking into the options, there is no final decision at the moment.

Actually, I might have an offer for you. I want to buy some of the collected XDN, or potentially the whole sum. Who should I get in touch with to discuss the details?
Brian Gerald (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:26:50 AM

It’s my greatest pleasure to announce that we have finished our first fundraising campaign and achieved our campaign goal. I want to express my deepest appreciation and gratitude to all the community members who believed in us and contributed to facilitate our common mission of XDN promotion.

Below is the infographics with the results of the fundraising campaign.

This fundraising campaign was our first main milestone. We received the support of the community and achieved our campaign goal. This gives us confidence in further evolution of our mission with strong support from growing XDN community.

In our next step, we will use the collected funds to outsource some important PR and marketing activities to professional communications agency in crypto field. We will provide you with the information about the collected proposals shortly.

Thank you all again and let’s keep the momentum going!

Xian_XDN

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 04:33:08 PM

Hey everyone! The team has had a discussion as to how best to approach the matter of exchanging the collected XDN and we've come up with an idea to put them up for auction. We will open up a new thread, set the starting price and let everyone bid their prices. We will sell two lots of 25 million XDN each.

Actually, I might have an offer for you. I want to buy some of the collected XDN, or potentially the whole sum. Who should I get in touch with to discuss the details?

Since hodlbananas was the first major bidder, we'll set this person's price as the starting offer. Please tell us, at which rate would you like to buy the coins?

hodlbananas

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:56:17 PM

Hey everyone! The team has had a discussion as to how best to approach the matter of exchanging the collected XDN and we've come up with an idea to put them up for auction. We will open up a new thread, set the starting price and let everyone bid their prices. We will sell two lots of 25 million XDN each.

Since hodlbananas was the first major bidder, we'll set this person's price as the starting offer. Please tell us, at which rate would you like to buy the coins?

Great! My price is 70 satoshi per XDN for a total of 35 BTC for both lots.
duplan

Activity: 269
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:55:00 PM

If you hold your bananas and lock your XDN payments of the employees or bounties for a time in the new XDN block—chain bank feature ,
while you earn other bananas and ducklings or bucks elsewhere , you will benefit from XDN appreciation within a few weeks time : 10x !

That would be so much smarter in the first place , and you would pioneer by example as stewards of the upcoming XDN banking feature .

Brian Gerald (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:53:54 PM

I want to say BIG Thank You to the true XDN enthusiast JypsiCreme who expressed his readiness to join the XDN Foundation team. She/he will be helping us drive our marketing effort and facilitate communications with the community. I am very happy that our team is growing with such strong activists. Once again, the additions of such caliber strengthen my belief in the success of our mission and indicates our growing trust in the community.
Join us, if you believe in Digitalnote!
hodlbananas

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:15:23 AM

If you hold your bananas and lock your XDN payments of the employees or bounties for a time in the new XDN block—chain bank feature ,
while you earn other bananas and ducklings or bucks elsewhere , you will benefit from XDN appreciation within a few weeks time : 10x !

That would be so much smarter in the first place , and you would pioneer by example as stewards of the upcoming XDN banking feature .

I totally agree with you and will gladly hold the XDN! That is, if I get the chance to buy them at the auction.
JypsiCreme

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:08:23 PM

Hello everybody,
Fundraising campaign has come to an end, and now it's time for us to share our plans with you.
Most of you wanted to know what we are planning to do with all these money we managed to raise: below is the info graphics with our plans for the future.

A bit more about marketing activities:

Attracting community experts

• Finding key speakers with sufficient authority that will be able to adequately represent XDN’s community from both technical and philosophical standpoint.
  • Engaging with those figures and securing their continued cooperation and support for the Foundation.
  • Production, distribution and publication of press-releases covering the fact of experts joining the Foundation in major new publications.
  • Planning, organizing and conducting experts’ participation in major industry events and expos.
  • Helping distribute the articles regarding XDN written by experts to major news publications.
  • Organization of inside-foundation expert gatherings.

Finding and employing administrative and marketing personnel

• Searching (both actively and passively) for capable people to fill in marketing and administrative vacancies within the Foundation.
  • Organizing and conducting highly effective selection, initial testing and onboarding processes.
  • Building an optimized organizational structure, ensuring that every participant of the Foundation is able to deliver a 100% performance on their goals.
  • Developing and maintaining a system of staff compensation and motivation.
  • Establishing channels of communication inside the Foundation to allow for secure, effective and fast communication of knowledge between its employees.

Developing sales channels:

• Exchanges, e-shops, micropayment platforms, etc.
  • Developing a system for constant search and selection of partners for the XDN network.
  • Building the framework of communication with selected partners
  • Distinguishing people responsible for initial contact.
  • Figuring out best ways to approach new potential partners and secure cooperation with them.
  • Developing a pricing strategy for commercial partners.
  • Constant searching and selection of new partners and negotiation of the integration of the Digital note with them.

Newsmaking:

• Negotiations with journalists and news publications
  • Compiling a shortlist of marketing agencies suitable for the cause of promoting the XDN in partnership with the Foundation.
  • Running a contest between the shortlisted agencies and selecting the best one.
  • Negotiating the terms of partnership with the winning agency and signing a contract with it.
  • Figuring out the best news triggers and writing press-releases in a tight cooperation with the partner agency.
  • Outsourcing the distribution and publication of the press releases to the agency.

Production of a series of educational videos

• Producing the scripts for a series of 7-8 educational videos aimed at cryptocommunity newcomers, that will explain the downsides of Bitcoin and how Digital note solves those.
  • Designing the storyboards for the videos.
  • Hiring a contractor to produce videos based on the storyboards.
  • Distributing the videos to popular websites in the industry with newcomers as their principal audience.
  • Working in conjunction with the platforms hosting the videos to increase the videos’ SEO and drive newbies towards them.

Doing all this we aim to achieve next results: first of all we wish to at least double the number of XDN holders and raise XDN market capitalization up to $5 000 000. Second, we aim to introduce XDN to not less than two cryptocurrency exchanges and 50 businesses. All this should not be a problem considering how much we’ve already done with your support, and now when we have resources more results will follow.

If you have any ideas and suggestions that might help us reach our common goal - you are more than welcome. We really value every member of the community, your help and support which every day help us move forward. All what has been done so far, was made possible thanks to you!
DarkNote Books

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:19:28 PM

Will you support existing XDN merchants?
Brian Gerald (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:48:49 AM

We follow best practices in marketing. One of them is related to multiple studies that say that attaining new customer costs seven times more than retaining existing one. Therefore, our plan is to nurture existing network of merchants while working on growing the network. We developed a set of support instruments to keep the existing merchants motivated, as well as incentives for new merchants to join the network. I will talk about them in more detail at a later stage.
DarkNote Books

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 11:12:08 AM

We follow best practices in marketing. One of them is related to multiple studies that say that attaining new customer costs seven times more than retaining existing one. Therefore, our plan is to nurture existing network of merchants while working on growing the network. We developed a set of support instruments to keep the existing merchants motivated, as well as incentives for new merchants to join the network. I will talk about them in more detail at a later stage.

Sounds interesting.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: