Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:22:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 4chan takes a chance on you  (Read 15206 times)
innervisi0nn

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Tutorials, guidelines, optimizations for all!

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 05:55:40 AM

i shit brix already!
i want to play with them!
Build a fort? I'd use gloves though.

That'll keep your house nice and warm. When your done, build me one too. 2BTC ok?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:00:19 AM

If they have the power to do that, they can make their own damn bitcoins. meh.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:09:38 AM

I don't understand why the anonymous don't sign their messages.  I'm not talking about a named signature, but about a few GnuPG signatures with no real name.

So at least we could make sure that each new message has been written by the same people who wrote the previous ones.

Horkabork

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:11:15 AM

I don't understand why the anonymous don't sign their messages.  I'm not talking about a named signature, but about a few GnuPG signatures with no real name.

So at least we could make sure that each new message has be written buy the same people who wrote the previous ones.

So, to clarify, you're angry that anonymous is far too anonymous?

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
DELTA9

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:13:47 AM

grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:15:44 AM

I don't understand why the anonymous don't sign their messages.  I'm not talking about a named signature, but about a few GnuPG signatures with no real name.

So at least we could make sure that each new message has be written buy the same people who wrote the previous ones.

I'm not "angry".   I just think this movement is silly, since anyone could pretend to be part of it.

Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:17:57 AM

I'm not "angry".   I just think this movement is silly, since anyone could pretend to be part of it.

Wouldn't pretending to be part of it make you part of it?

grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:21:02 AM

No.

I could write something like that:

«
WE ARE ANONYMOUS.  WE ARE LEGION.  WE DO NOT FORGET.  WE DO NOT FORGIVE.  EXPECT US.

OBAMA IS A COOL PRESIDENT.  WE ARE GOING TO VOTE FOR HIM IN 2012, AND WE INVITE EVERYONE TO DO THE SAME.

WE ARE ANONYMOUS.  WE ARE LEGION.  WE DO NOT FORGET.  WE DO NOT FORGIVE.  EXPECT US.
»  

This is a silly example, but you get the idea.

It might sound paradoxical, but basically I think there is no contradiction in being anonymous and signing your messages.

Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:27:35 AM

So how do you get to be part of 'it' then, if not by copying 'their' methods?

kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:31:00 AM

One of my friends is convinced that there is a 'real' anonymous, and they hide behind masses of posers.  He is totally unable to understand my view that anonymous is a collection of random douchebags, including a couple with some real talents and skills.

End result is about the same though. 

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Anonymous

May 31, 2011, 06:34:17 AM

This anon is obviously from ebaum's  Roll Eyes
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:43:26 AM

The anonymous did nothing productive other than DDOSing hated sites. Who care about them?

Satoshi, on the other hand...invented bitcoin. Now, that's productive and constructive.

Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:50:48 AM

it seems like a pile of crap.  foisted off by an single, cowardly entity of limited intellect and close to zero knowledge.

BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:53:49 AM

One of my friends is convinced that there is a 'real' anonymous, and they hide behind masses of posers.  He is totally unable to understand my view that anonymous is a collection of random douchebags, including a couple with some real talents and skills.

There is a small array of individuals that represent the whole of Anonymous, that control and guide these public campaigns, that organize and provide the tools for attacks and take-downs. Usually some of the identities repeat between episodes. They hide behind a wall of "neo-homosexuals" that pretend to be Anonymous while blabbing bullshit on 4chan. I guess your friend is right. However, the members of Anonymous do respect the imperatives declared on official propaganda, even when arrested by the police or tried by governments. So yeah, end of result is the same. Also recent scandals had "some" Anonymous members discrediting and detaching themselves from the actions of other Anonymous members (an accusation referred to as "similar-homosexuality" in 4chan vernacular).

It is clear that this action is powered by a small percentage of those that have activated under the Anonymous umbrella.

Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:59:46 AM

There is a small array of individuals that represent the whole of Anonymous, that control and guide these public campaigns, that organize and provide the tools for attacks and take-downs. Usually some of the identities repeat between episodes. They hide behind a wall of "neo-homosexuals" that pretend to be Anonymous while blabbing bullshit on 4chan. I guess your friend is right. However, the members of Anonymous do respect the imperatives declared on official propaganda, even when arrested by the police or tried by governments. So yeah, end of result is the same. Also recent scandals had "some" Anonymous members discrediting and detaching themselves from the actions of other Anonymous members (an accusation referred to as "similar-homosexuality" in 4chan vernacular).

It is clear that this action is powered by a small percentage of those that have activated under the Anonymous umbrella.

bullshit.

this is one person - and one person only - stealing the name of Anonymous; who has nothing to do it and never has.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 07:03:16 AM

bullshit.

this is one person - and one person only - stealing the name of Anonymous; who has nothing to do it and never has.
I have no idea why you think you disagree with me. You don't. Smiley Because I agree with you, thus it is logically impossible that you do not agree with me and I agree with you.

Anyway, better prepare your wallets, alone or not, that guy means business  Roll Eyes
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 07:05:40 AM

To me anonymous is an attempt to create a secret public organisation,  some kind of a cyber-freemasonry.

It is also some kind of a phyle, and it is the first I've ever heard of, so it might have some historical interest in future.

But due to inconsistency in structure (for instance the lack of protection of the integrity of their messages with no digital signature whatsoever), it is an epic fail in my opinion.

TheMagikarp

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 07:13:58 AM

The thing about Anonymous is that it's a lot like Bitcoin; it's decentralised. There are no leaders and there's no "initiation" to become a member, so to speak. Anyone can claim to be a member and anyone can declare war in Anonymous' name. The success of each of their little vendettas depends on how many other "Anons" want to help them.

There is no doubt in my mind that this threat has come from some 15 year old kid who just found out about Bitcoin and thinks he's going to be rich.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 07:14:25 AM

Aw, I was hoping this was real, but probably it's just someone trying to scam a few BTC out of the gullible easy-to-frighten demographic.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 07:20:52 AM

The thing about Anonymous is that it's a lot like Bitcoin; it's decentralised. There are no leaders and there's no "initiation" to become a member, so to speak. Anyone can claim to be a member and anyone can declare war in Anonymous' name. The success of each of their little vendettas depends on how many other "Anons" want to help them.

Yeah I guess you're right.  Maybe the message

"We are anonymous.  We are legion.  We do not forget.  We do not forgive.  Expect us."

could be translated into:

"People exist.  They are numerous.  They don't forget.  They don't forgive.  Fear them."

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: