Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:14:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone should make agar.io for bitcoins  (Read 8047 times)
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:15:35 PM

I would like to know how do other players grow their cells so big in this game?
I tried this game but was eaten before I become big enough.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 02:04:13 PM

If you where for example to bet 0,01 to 0,1 BTC you would be trown in the same room with people with bets like that and after either 10 minutes the one who is the biggest is the winner or you have an option to cashout.

It is a pretty good idea.
WhatTheGox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:29:11 PM

If you where for example to bet 0,01 to 0,1 BTC you would be trown in the same room with people with bets like that and after either 10 minutes the one who is the biggest is the winner or you have an option to cashout.

It is a pretty good idea.

Just make sure to have micro stakes, even 0.01 per player could get very costly if you cant ever win, i think there is something like 100+ people per game.

Could do a game via a countdown timer though yeah.... there are a few options and each one would make the games run slightly different.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:53:08 PM

Okay, someone fill me in here.  What's agar.io.  I understand that it's a game but what kind of game, what's it about?
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 07:40:26 PM

Go to it, it is a game where you are a circle and you have to eat smaller circles.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:52:35 PM

Go to it, it is a game where you are a circle and you have to eat smaller circles.

I can do that later on another computer.  For now, I'm in text-only forum-talking mode.  Not gonna go to unknown urls using this compu.  Anyway, how does the circle eating smaller circles relate to the BTC or $ or whatever it uses?
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:39:01 PM

I have never heard of Agar.io so I went to check it out
That was fun I enjoyed playing as an Ameoba haha and eating Doge Smiley

I can see this working if people all started at the same time put a bet on and the winner or top 5 if there are a lot of players got to keep the pooled prize.

TriggerX

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:14:00 AM

Played agar.io and it's fun! But you know there are bots for agar.io right? People are able to program cheats into the game so be careful.

Hi!
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:30:09 AM

If you want to play it for bitcoins this will not be a game anymore but a competition for greedy people  Cool
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 09:22:31 AM

Wow yeah, I just checked out agar.io and it's actually pretty fun Smiley That sounds like it'd be a good idea, definitely something that's slightly more unique compared to all the dice sites out there right now...and uniqueness is what we need, right? Wink Hopefully someone who is good enough to code something like that steps up.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
davey111111

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:52:19 PM

I had a thought about this the other day. Almost started working on it!

If you guys think it would be fun and people would play it let me know and i'll whip something up. Smiley
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:23:30 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 10:38:09 PM by TippingPoint

Just watched a YouTube video and now have some idea what agar.io is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1YGgWTw6aM

If something that is free can ever be made better and more entertaining with a small Bitcoin payment and a chance to win something, it could be revolutionary.

Already, micro-stakes Bitcoin poker is a much better game than play-money poker.  There will eventually be other examples.

When the right combination is found, it will be epoch.  The unwashed masses will be rushing out to find a Bitcoin dealer.  Then the free news coverage will kick in.

ticoti

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 01:04:37 AM

oh,yes

I am so addicted to this game and it would be awesome to combine it with bitcoin  Grin
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:40:41 AM

Okay, you guys, I finally went to agar.io and I get a javascript alert "Your browser does not support this game, we recommend you try with Firefox".  But, here's the thing, I *am* using firefox.

Not impressive!
TriggerX

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:45:28 AM

Or actually, we can just create a Bitcoin server for agar.io. That would be even cooler.

Hi!
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:46:00 AM

Okay, you guys, I finally went to agar.io and I get a javascript alert "Your browser does not support this game, we recommend you try with Firefox".  But, here's the thing, I *am* using firefox.

Did you disable local storage or web socket communication?

Yah, I keep localStorage disabled on firefox (and while I figured that might be the source of the trouble, I thought the "try again with firefox" message was pretty funny).  I tried it again on Chromium and it was pretty damn fun.  I couldn't figure out how everyone else had a cool skin tho.

Also, I would not put bitcoin in that thing, I was terrible!  My best was like 200.
WhatTheGox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:39:10 AM

Was up last night thinking this exact same thing. The challenge will be implementing the payment/reward/deposit system.

If it was set up like this site here: https://bitbandit.eu/

then a user would receive an automatic payment address without making an account, or have the option to register an account for future reference. Once the user deposits 1000 bits into the account he gains access to the server and can play.

From here there can be multiple ways to structure the reward. It could be based upon size, or kills or both.

But the simplest implementation would be that 1000bits = One ticket into the server.
If you get a kill, you absorb/claim that kill's 1000bits ticket
If you die your initial 1000bits ticket will also be claimed by your killler, but you will keep your BTC from kills.

Another variation of this could be that if you get a kill you claim that persons 1000bits plus 50% of their kills.
If you die you loose your 1000bits ticket plus 50% of your kills.

A third variation could be the combination of the two scenarios above but the second is applied only when you become a certain size. There are really endless ways to structure the reward scheme.

Another way is the higher up the leader board you become the higher the cash prize you can claim.  That will mean you can't get anymore money when you've hit #1 though so hmmmmm.

There is a difference between size and rank though we must consider.  You can be huge and still #2 with #1 chasing you around when even huger.

The ways to score the betting are endless though yep.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:00:24 AM

Someone should make agar.io for bitcoins. Have a low entry fee per game or something, 0.0001 each time you start a new game etc. Take a small rake, make it possible to earn.

Idea: You could have it so the higher you got up the leaderboard the bigger the prize but you only win it if you cash.... then you start over.

The game is pretty simple & awesome imo.

I was not aware of this game. Just tried it and it is addictive as hell. My productivity is gone for toss!  Cheesy
WhatTheGox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:16:21 AM

Someone should make agar.io for bitcoins. Have a low entry fee per game or something, 0.0001 each time you start a new game etc. Take a small rake, make it possible to earn.

Idea: You could have it so the higher you got up the leaderboard the bigger the prize but you only win it if you cash.... then you start over.

The game is pretty simple & awesome imo.

I was not aware of this game. Just tried it and it is addictive as hell. My productivity is gone for toss!  Cheesy

Yeah you might aswell say goodbye to your life for the next week.  I actually played this game so hard ive had to quit it cold turkey. 

I would be interested in playing it again for profit but its not good for me to play such a great game, i get nothing else done in life.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:04:13 PM

Was up last night thinking this exact same thing. The challenge will be implementing the payment/reward/deposit system.

If it was set up like this site here: https://bitbandit.eu/

then a user would receive an automatic payment address without making an account, or have the option to register an account for future reference. Once the user deposits 1000 bits into the account he gains access to the server and can play.

From here there can be multiple ways to structure the reward. It could be based upon size, or kills or both.

But the simplest implementation would be that 1000bits = One ticket into the server.
If you get a kill, you absorb/claim that kill's 1000bits ticket
If you die your initial 1000bits ticket will also be claimed by your killler, but you will keep your BTC from kills.

Another variation of this could be that if you get a kill you claim that persons 1000bits plus 50% of their kills.
If you die you loose your 1000bits ticket plus 50% of your kills.

A third variation could be the combination of the two scenarios above but the second is applied only when you become a certain size. There are really endless ways to structure the reward scheme.

Another way is the higher up the leader board you become the higher the cash prize you can claim.  That will mean you can't get anymore money when you've hit #1 though so hmmmmm.

There is a difference between size and rank though we must consider.  You can be huge and still #2 with #1 chasing you around when even huger.

The ways to score the betting are endless though yep.

On thing which isn't in the current game (that I've seen, anyway) is that you'd need a way to cashout. Once I'd deposited and eaten a bit I might want to jump back out so that I don't (inevitably) get eaten and lose my money to the bigger blob.  But if people were able to cashout like this, it might mean that you'd have so many fewer blobs that the game might lose a lot of its fun.  I dunno.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: