Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:00:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No more scam busting!  (Read 6404 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:43:42 AM

Bitcoin has been very nice to me, allowing me to retire early at age 43.
Congrats on your success Smiley Have a good one !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:12:16 AM

Vod, you have been the most active, the most impartial and one of the most awesome people I have ever seen in Bitcoin's Adventurous World...
Would only urge you to please do not leave us in between, just don't sail in the boat alone, take Bitcoin World with you too, don't leave, please... Sad

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 11:17:11 AM

Thanks for no longer power tripping here! Grin

This OP reminds me of the last time he took a break from this forum.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=921710.0;all

Who wants to bet he is back within 3 months with a new name, but the same old act? I am not sure he understands the difference between laying low and taking accountability for his actions. The fact that he has to modify his behavior in any way is equally offensive to him, so it seems to be the same thing from his perspective.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 12:14:28 PM

Good luck with your future endeavors  Smiley

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:17:58 PM

Vod, you have been the most active, the most impartial and one of the most awesome people I have ever seen in Bitcoin's Adventurous World...
Would only urge you to please do not leave us in between, just don't sail in the boat alone, take Bitcoin World with you too, don't leave, please... Sad

Uh, if you think Vod was impartial you clearly never read any of his posts related to Microsoft.  I'm just saying, either you didn't know Vod or you don't know the meaning of the word "impartial".  Wink
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:20:06 PM

I am announcing my retirement from scam busting.

Bitcoin has been very nice to me, allowing me to retire early at age 43.  I felt I really needed to give back to that which had given so much to me, so I was very active on this forum fighting scams.  As of this date I have spent over 136 days fighting the good fight.  I gave up the chance to make money by escrowing, using a paid signature, running a business, moderating, etc.  I wasn't here to make money but to try and help other people from losing coins. 

Over the past year, after selling my coins, I have vastly reduced my computer clients and built my dream home while making this forum my virtual home.  Over the last few days I have given away my remaining bitcoin for various project work.  I no longer hold any significant bitcoin, and thus have a reduced vested interest in keeping the bitcoin price high.  That includes doing my little part to combat fraud here.  The only project I am working on now is exposing Armis' long term con on the official PICISI website, which will be complete by June 5th.

Luckily over the past year there has been an influx of new scam busters being added to the default trust list, reducing my work load considerably. Many times I go to leave negative trust and see it's already been done!  I am throwing the torch to these individuals and thank them in advance for their service to the community. 

On June 6th I'm planning to execute a life long dream and buy a small sailboat to leave from Vancouver, sail down the coast, through the Panama Canal, and back up to Halifax.  I'm expecting it to take most of the summer. If you live on the coast and would like to go for a beer (or just see the boat!), please email me at martin@martinlawrence.caSmiley

Code:
DISCLAIMERS:
1.  I will be locking this thread for now as it will only be filled with complaints from scammers I have busted. 
2.  I will be blocking everyone's PMs within the week.  People may not see this and I don't want them believing they sent a message that I may never read.
3.  I am retiring the name Vod.  If anyone, anywhere else claims to be "Vod from Bitcointalk", they are lying.

I'll sincerely miss the good times I had in the Off Topic and Political Discussion sections with some great people on here.  The last couple days have been an emotional one for sure, but I know things will be better in the future, if I don't drown that is!  I got quite sucked up into this community and for that reason I don't know if I'll reconnect when I return.  Since I'm not scam busting there will be better communities to joke around on that don't have all the drama and dishonesty/scamming.  TC and Dooglus have my contact information should I need to change any negative trust I have left.

I wish good luck to all the honest people out there and I wish the overall bitcoin community continued success!  Thanks to the admins and mods for their hard and thankless work.

Feel free to blame me for this. Smiley

Vod Bless.

Enjoy life and keep those boobs fresh.  Smiley

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:37:56 PM

Congrats on your early retirement.

I am glad that you are not leaving the forum on a permanent basis as you originally indicated Smiley

That sure does sound like a long time to be out on the water. Stay safe my friend.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:06:00 PM

This OP reminds me of the last time he took a break from this forum.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=921710.0;all

I thought I had read something like this before - so thanks Tecshare. 

However, I must say, I hope the result is the same and that Vod returns after his trip.

Also really glad to hear that bitcoin has allowed you to enjoy such financial freedom!  Thanks for doing what you could to help make the forum a better place. 

Good Luck!
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 05:16:19 PM

Uh, if you think Vod was impartial you clearly never read any of his posts related to Microsoft.  I'm just saying, either you didn't know Vod or you don't know the meaning of the word "impartial".  Wink

I guess Vod used to negate those accounts who are selling MSDN keys which aren't genuine keys right? If it's correct then there shouldn't be any issue as those keys are not allowed to be sold and can stop working any time which ultimately leads to scamming.

TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:28:42 PM

As Vod left, I will try finding out scammers and will leave a negative trust on their profile. Found all alts of a scammer yesterday which made me feel happy. I will try my best to keep the forum clean.
And like Vod left negative trusts to people who sold MSDN keys, I will leave one on every profile selling those Wink
Most of the scammers are found in Lending, Currency Exchange and Digital Goods sections.
Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 06:26:37 PM

Vod, you are one of the best scam buster on this forum, highly active and good guy
if there are other scam busters from default trust list then it doesn't means we don't need you, No one can replace you
if you have less time to spend on forum then spend the time you can but don't leave the forum,we need such great members and scam busters for our community to make it safe place for legit traders and hell for scammers.

hope you will always with us and keep helping the users.

Available
PM me to rent this space.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 07:11:22 PM

Thanks Vod, it's going to be a little lonely not seeing Peter licking his boob while surfing the forums... it inspired my Stewie avatar a long time ago when I saw one of your posts, if I ever get more time to devote, I do hope to help more with the 'good fight'. Enjoy the rest of your retirement.

HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:24:27 PM

Sad to see you go, but thanks for all the Scam Busting. Enjoy your early retirement, and sail the seas!
ragi

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:39:13 PM

Congrats on your early retirement, and good luck on your adventure!

no.
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:21:18 PM

Congrats Vod on the successful life. I wish you nothing but the best and happiness and hope someday you decide to return to BTCitcoins. Good luck in all your new adventures and keep fighting the good fight.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:16:04 AM

Now newbies asking for loan and people that don't pay their loans still will have neutral trust Sad
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:41:32 AM

Now newbies asking for loan and people that don't pay their loans still will have neutral trust Sad
It will continue as quickseller isnt on default trust so his ratings wont be seen, they should also add me to the list, im exposing them newbies, but seriously, the forum need to strike a balance between trust from trusted and trust from untrusted members
josephno1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:48:17 AM

I'm going to miss you giving neg rep to newbies asking for loans with no collateral

Scamc0p

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:56:08 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 02:20:25 AM by Scamc0p

Hey Vod.  Remember the good ol' days where we used to save stupid noobs from being scammed?  I say it in past tense, as for I believe that your work, and the work of the rest of the scam busters, have really smartened up this community.  Have a good one, man. Smiley
I would like to pick up where he has left off.
Just look at my prolific nick  Grin
JK! You can't be replaced for you crime busting here.
Good travels buddy  Grin
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 01:59:28 AM

We do need someone to nail these guys. Vod glad you did well with BTC and hope you enjoy that trip  Tongue

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: