Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:19:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why has bitcoin price not been moving?  (Read 2232 times)
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:14:39 PM

Thanks all you for the useful opinions, now I want to say mine:

I think one time later or sooner the price will be more stable than now, and at that point the speculation 'side' will abbandon the bitcoin world and finally bitcoin can be used more as 'money' and spent to buy things.

The stable price is a good thing for all who believe in this technology, but not for the speculators (this is the truth and I will be happy if someone will come here and say the contrary). However:

I personally think we're seeing an accumulation phase before a trend reversal.

Do you know how much times I have read this? A lot of times . Everytime the price is stable "we are in an accumulation phase" OMG the price will pump, but why and how? If a lot of people are in an accumulation phase then sooner they will dump their bag and the price will go down not up, or am I wrong?
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:15:38 AM

I think one time later or sooner the price will be more stable than now, and at that point the speculation 'side' will abbandon the bitcoin world and finally bitcoin can be used more as 'money' and spent to buy things.

The stable price is a good thing for all who believe in this technology, but not for the speculators (this is the truth and I will be happy if someone will come here and say the contrary).

I sure hope for this it would be nice to go on vocation and pay everything with btc.
Personally this would be great only one card for paying (hypothetically).

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:20:17 AM

The stable price is a good thing for all who believe in this technology, but not for the speculators (this is the truth and I will be happy if someone will come here and say the contrary). However:

I personally think we're seeing an accumulation phase before a trend reversal.

Do you know how much times I have read this? A lot of times . Everytime the price is stable "we are in an accumulation phase" OMG the price will pump, but why and how? If a lot of people are in an accumulation phase then sooner they will dump their bag and the price will go down not up, or am I wrong?

when bitcoin seems to be "stable" for a certain period, people start to complain and think bitcoin will fail and so on. i have read so many posts about people saying stability is one of the most important factor if we want to reach global adoption. where are these people now? they are part of the complainers when the price doesn't move.
farting_shot

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:19:53 PM

It's been stably and steadily moving DOWNWARD ever since late 2013, so I wouldn't worry too much about the "stability" of the last 2-3 weeks. We will resume the steady death-march to zero soon enough.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:31:40 PM

It's been stably and steadily moving DOWNWARD ever since late 2013, so I wouldn't worry too much about the "stability" of the last 2-3 weeks. We will resume the steady death-march to zero soon enough.

Ha ha!
saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:52:49 AM

Let us forget the price,Just believe that in the future, bitcoin will be everywhere ,That's enough!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:57:24 AM

now see the full picture since 2009, and can clearly tell that it is steadily moving UPTREND since there

so your point is moot
hunkey600

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 04:19:58 PM

I think stable price for a period of time is good, so people can buy more coins if price remains volatile people will be afraid of buying/selling. I am looking to buy some coins if it goes down at an unexpected price and won't sell if it goes up. Bitcoin has bright future!

phoenix1

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 04:27:59 PM

now see the full picture since 2009, and can clearly tell that it is steadily moving UPTREND since there

so your point is moot

At what price would you consider this line of argument invalid ?

Not trolling, its just one of those phrases that gets thrown around quite often and I am wondering if anyone who uses has considered at which point in price and time they would call it invalid.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 04:35:41 PM

so your point is moot

Not trolling, its just one of those phrases that gets thrown around quite often and I am wondering if anyone who uses has considered at which point in price and time they would call it invalid.

~300 or ~220

Undecided Undecided Undecided

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 04:59:32 PM

so your point is moot

~300 or ~220

this should be about right i guess, but it should remain under 220 for a long time, for consider it invalid, not just one day or few hours
phoenix1

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:01:18 PM

so your point is moot

~300 or ~220

this should be about right i guess, but it should remain under 220 for a long time, for consider it invalid, not just one day or few hours

Fair enough, I can live with that definition. Thanks for the replies.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:04:36 PM

I think stable price for a period of time is good, so people can buy more coins if price remains volatile people will be afraid of buying/selling. I am looking to buy some coins if it goes down at an unexpected price and won't sell if it goes up. Bitcoin has bright future!

don't wait too long with buying. at some point the price may go up quite a bit and you'll blame yourself for not buying. buy a certain amount, and buy more if the price goes down. via this way you can't go much wrong.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: