Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:54:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: After Matthew N. Wright is officially labeled "SCAMMER" will you ever buy a Bitcoin Magazine issue again?
Yes, it's still a great product
Yes in a couple of month
Maybe someday I'll reconsider
No, probably not
No never!
-----------------------
Yes, after Matthew left Bitcoin Magazine
No, I never liked the Magazine anyway
I'll vote later just show me the results!

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you ever buy a Bitcoin Magazine issue again?  (Read 3585 times)
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:54:12 PM

Hi B-People,

After Matthew N. Wright, a member of this community famous for both trolling and starting the "Bitcoin Magazine" has been officially labeled a "SCAMMER" by the forum administrators for taking and not keeping bets about 80k+ BTC that Pirateat40 would pay out lenders after the dafault of BS&T the future of his brainchild the "Bitcoin Magazine" is in jeopardy. Some poeple have already announced never to buy a single issue anymore repelled by Matthew's actions. Do you think those thoughts are justified and Mathew has inflicted irreversible damage on the whole Bitcoin Magazine project, left alone his own reputation or do you think whatever he does should not be projected on the Magazine?

Vote up!
Only 1 vote per user, changeable at any time, no expiry date for poll set
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 05:57:29 PM

For me it depends entirely on what the promised announcement from Bitcoin Magazine is. If Matthew gets kicked out from that project I will certainly continue supporting the magazine.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:01:40 PM

+1 to TM
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:38:21 PM

My decision to buy or not buy more copies of Bitcoin Magazine will depend only on how much I like #2 and #3 when they finally arrive.
Dansker

Activity: 740
Merit: 500

Hello world!

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:52:11 PM

They will need to not only get rid of Matthew, but publically distance themselves from him in some sort of announcement.

Also, they would have to have an actual publishing schedule instead of coming out whenever they feel like it.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 06:54:26 PM

They will need to not only get rid of Matthew, but publically distance themselves from him in some sort of announcement.

Also, they would have to have an actual publishing schedule instead of coming out whenever they feel like it.

+1.  I would actually purchase a subscription if they do this.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:55:24 PM

Actually, I just ordered issues #1,2, and 3 after it was announced on reddit that #3 is now on bookshelves.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 07:09:27 PM

I think the bitcoin magazine would be more desirable without Matthew N. Wright independently from the outcome of the pirate-bet-episode.

He's a jerk, to the point I don't care what he has to say. Sad but true.
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:11:16 PM

It's a shame that MNW is involved with so many businesses. But then again, this opens up new opportunities for businesses to fill the gaps.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:23:31 PM

I suspect that a lot of ppl will change their minds if Bitcoin Magazine pays Matthew's debt. Is it possible to add such an option into the poll?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 07:43:07 PM

I suspect that a lot of ppl will change their minds if Bitcoin Magazine pays Matthew's debt. Is it possible to add such an option into the poll?

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 07:46:23 PM

I won't change my mind just because someone else decided to cover his debts.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:50:12 PM

No, I will not. And the reason isn't Matthew not paying the bet he lost. The reason is the lame excuse he used.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:54:49 PM

Im open to suggestions. If more people demand additional options of whatever kind, I'll add them to the poll.
Also, votes can at all times be changed in order to make this poll an kind of up to date representation of the public opinion.
dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:58:12 PM

never bought one.. never felt the urge to search for one.. but on the chance that I happen to see one at the local bookstore I wont be buying one.

poop!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:58:49 PM

I think I've already known ppl's opinion regarding the option.
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:00:26 PM

I hadn't heard of Bitcoin magazine until I saw Matthew's bet post, so I probably wouldn't have purchased it online anyways. However, If I had seen the magazine in B&N I definately would have picked it up. After today's outcome though, I don't want anything to do with projects tied to Matthew.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:10:13 PM

To be honest I don't think I'm in the demographic for this magazine as basically everything there would be old news to me by the time I'd get to receive it. Or most of it.

I thought it could be a good way to introduce people to bitcoin, but I have no idea how good are the contents and being connected to scammers I'd rather stay away.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:20:36 PM

To be honest I don't think I'm in the demographic for this magazine as basically everything there would be old news to me by the time I'd get to receive it. Or most of it.

I thought it could be a good way to introduce people to bitcoin, but I have no idea how good are the contents and being connected to scammers I'd rather stay away.

The news is of course old, but the content is original and well written. Some articles explain in detail what you could only find in scraps all over the internet. Most of those articles sum complicated topics up or give account of people interviewed. I therefore find it interesting to read the magazine although I picked up on all the major news on reddit or bitcointalk already.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:22:00 PM

A VERY VERY important point needs to be made.

BITCOIN MAGAZINE DOES NOT = MNW.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: