Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:37:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Casascius 2011 Error 1BTC Series 1  (Read 3360 times)
BitBlitz

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:25:23 PM

I'm going to make popcorn before I check this thread again..

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:52:29 AM

I have a few of these coins and some look like they have been peeled but they havent. I think its the aging that does it.. It looks 100% fine to me.

Show us pictures of your coins with honeycomb.  I'm not saying you are a liar but I have not seen the honeycomb on any coin casascius other than ones where the hologram was peeled.

Well all of mine are secure and to get them out for a photo so someone else can sell a coin isn't motivating me enough to break the seals I have made and take them from the hiding place. They are very secure and not accessible. Sorry   Wink

To peel or not to peel.
wheresmycoin (OP)

Activity: 654
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:29:48 AM

I have a few of these coins and some look like they have been peeled but they havent. I think its the aging that does it.. It looks 100% fine to me.

Show us pictures of your coins with honeycomb.  I'm not saying you are a liar but I have not seen the honeycomb on any coin casascius other than ones where the hologram was peeled.

If you observe more closely, you can see that a few of the sellers photos has the honeycomb patterns. It's just that you missed out those.
wheresmycoin (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:38:02 AM

I would offer the 2.5, but I would need to see this coin in person to decide for myself if it has been messed with.
No escrow needed...just send me the coin and I will pay after I check it out.
Yeah no sort of deal as he wants the funds before I would get the coin...
This is probably by far the best deal you are going to get. Right now you are in a bind as it appears that the hologram has been tampered with. (someone had previously posted a picture that enlarged the place where the honeycomb is that did a good job of 'explaining' how the coin was likely tampered with but I don't see it anymore).

Blazed is going to be one of the very few people that are expert enough in the world of physical coins to be able to inspect it in person and reputable enough to be able to say that he is not going to scam you.

gonna convert the spare BTC into usd, guessing that i can buy back cheaper BTC later.
You might be able to work out a deal where you receive a fixed fiat value worth of bitcoin upon receipt of the coin.

If this is not something you are willing to do then you might as well sell it as a redeemed coin for .2 BTC because for all intensive purposes that is what it is

I have seen the enlarged photo, it's likely deterioration or some wear, but not visible to the naked eye.

I might be able to work out the deal upon receipt of the coin but not really for a 2.5btc loaded untempered error coin which is currently lowest you can find in the market, that I'm selling as.

Anyway the terms are laid out, if buyer doesn't agree, no one can force him/her to buy.
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:39:05 AM

If you observe more closely, you can see that a few of the sellers photos has the honeycomb patterns. It's just that you missed out those.

I've got to say, having seen hundreds of photos of coins on here for sale over the past few years (and owning a fair few myself), I don't recall seeing any with a honeycomb effect more pronounced than the photo of this coin. Unless it had been redeemed of course. Maybe this is due to way its been stored over the past few years but you can't blame people for being sceptical in this instance.

I would recommend letting blazedout see the coin in person, but you seem reluctant which is fine it's your coin afterall and your free to do with it as you please.
wheresmycoin (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:39:36 AM

Yeah no sort of deal as he wants the funds before I would get the coin...

gonna convert the spare BTC into usd, guessing that i can buy back cheaper BTC later.

So would it be possible to pay with paypal then? You pretty much look like a scammer right now.

No PayPal. And I dont think so.
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:10:02 PM

Just use a reputable escrow ... and a reputable buyer ... that is the only realistic choice here

1. Buyer sends BTC to escrow
2. Escrow confirms reciept of BTC
3. You send coin to buyer
4. Buyer looks at coin

If Happy Buyer
5. Buyer keeps coin
6. Buyer tells escrow he is happy
7. Escrow sends you BTC

If Unhappy buyer
5. Buyer says he isnt happy
6. Buyer returns coin
7. Seller gets coin and confirms to escrow
8. Escrow returns BTC to buyer

Any shit / disputes, escrow acts as arbitter (but why would there be any). Use insured / registered post on every shipment. Take pics / vids of packaging up prior to any shipping. Belt and braces.

Simples.

It is clear that there isnt the required level of trust for you as a seller, or for the coin from the photos. If you are serious about selling this coin, you have to decide to trust somebody. Its a shame you are not located near any other coiner that could give a first hand account, without the coin needing to go anywhere.

In addition to gravitate, I have had coins pass through my gloved hands that have showed more honeycombed patterns than the usual. Unsure why, but they werent tampered with. Also, as someone else in the thread has said, certain levels of light, or certin angles of viewing highlight the pattern. I dont have any to hand myself, or if I do they are ANACS slabbed

My best guess is that its either deterioration over time, or its not quite full adhesion at assembly.

Either way, without escrow, I personally have no interest in this coin. I doubt anyone will pay upfront for this coin. You need to meet folks half way here, or have a level of trust built up over time that dicates that protection isnt required.
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:59:41 PM

If you look at this guys history and trust rating, he allegedly bought the now famous laser etchedhand carved Bitcoin B from WoodCollector. 
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:08:56 PM

If you look at this guys history and trust rating, he allegedly bought the now famous laser etchedhand carved Bitcoin B from WoodCollector. 

Many people bought from that scammer, I don't know what you want to point out with this comment...
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:11:08 PM

Many people bought from that scammer, I don't know what you want to point out with this comment...
Blazed also said that he was happy with his purchase, even after it came out that WC was a scammer. I really don't see what the problem is.
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:16:50 PM

People are trying to convince this person they should use escrow.  They don't want to use escrow.  They're either a scammer or not very bright, the fact they bought the laser etched B from WoodCollector lends to either possibility.
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:19:37 PM

People are trying to convince this person they should use escrow.  They don't want to use escrow.  They're either a scammer or not very bright, the fact they bought the laser etched B from WoodCollector lends to either possibility.

I don't know if it is just me, but I don't see the relation.
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:05:47 PM

I don't know if it is just me, but I don't see the relation.

I don't care much about wood..... but I think that not wanting to use escrow is a problem..... I find it hard to think that this coin can sell.... if no escrow is used....
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 03:31:14 AM

I have no reason to believe this coin has been tampered with. I have 99% confidence that the hologram has never been peeled, even slightly. In fact the opposite; the honeycomb pattern is slightly visible because pressure has been put unto the sticker, compressing it slightly I have observed this effect 1st hand, although it is very pronounced here.

Dont redeem it. I'ts totally legit and funded.

Source: am expert.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 03:41:56 AM

I have no reason to believe this coin has been tampered with. I have 99% confidence that the hologram has never been peeled, even slightly. In fact the opposite; the honeycomb pattern is slightly visible because pressure has been put unto the sticker, compressing it slightly I have observed this effect 1st hand, although it is very pronounced here.

lol what makes you an expert? Not sure how many of these coins you have dealt with, but I have had a lot in hand. I can not say either way if it has been tampered without seeing it in person. Honestly no one can tell from those pictures.
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 04:25:11 AM

lol what makes you an expert? Not sure how many of these coins you have dealt with, but I have had a lot in hand. I can not say either way if it has been tampered without seeing it in person. Honestly no one can tell from those pictures.

I agree that it would be best if an 'expert' inspected the coin. I would also volunteer..
But, it does not appear to me that its peeled.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 04:28:00 AM

I have seen the honey comb in some coins, but not that bad. It could be legit or maybe messed with - I can not say for sure. I am not really after any more 2011 coins so not really pushing hard to get it. I do hope someone with a good amount of experience gets it and tells us more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: