Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:12:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stable, stable, stable!  (Read 14262 times)
makingwin1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:48:48 PM

The price of BTC is going to continue its stable multi-week run.

stable? not even close, price is rising now, and if price rises then it can't be stable, and to be honest i don't think that it will be stable anytime soon, price of bitcoin will just rise next months too because of halving, and i hope that it won't fall down anytime soon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:02:52 PM

stable? not even close, price is rising now, and if price rises then it can't be stable, and to be honest i don't think that it will be stable anytime soon, price of bitcoin will just rise next months too because of halving, and i hope that it won't fall down anytime soon

Stable. Volatility is at near record lows. Price has been flat-lining for some time, even yesterday's drop was only 2-3%.

Whether it remains stable is something else, and I don't share goxed's view - I think it'll break out within the next few weeks. But for now it's stable by any reasonable definition.

This space intentionally left blank.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:11:51 PM

In my view its been stable.

It may not feel like it, but if you look at the bullish prices its never gone back down to the $200 zone for awhile now.

And it`ll only go up, to me thats stable and thats the course of 1 year.

jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:01:36 PM

It may not feel like it, but if you look at the bullish prices its never gone back down to the $200 zone for awhile now.

I tend to believe the price is stabilizing too although i am not sure for how long. It may well go back to 300 dollars again.
But then it is also likely that the price will go to 400 dollars. Only the future can/will tell.
eddyubachs

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:18:36 PM

I tend to believe the price is stabilizing too although i am not sure for how long. It may well go back to 300 dollars again.
But then it is also likely that the price will go to 400 dollars. Only the future can/will tell.

Yes price is stuck at a moment but I feel that maximum bottom will be 400 nothing below then that, as we might see price rise in next couple of months due to halving.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:39:57 PM

This stability will get Bitcoin zero publicity. There is no way the news is going to report that Bitcoin's price has done nothing for weeks. It takes wild price swings to get publicity.
Quite contrary, being stable is a value that may attract many. But we are nowhere yet to talk about Bitcoin value as stable.
We are currently simply in no man's land with no reasons to either move up or down, but such a move will happen as the halving gets closer.

this space is intentionally left blank
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:59:49 PM

Is it stability or just indifference? There's been talk of breaking out for bleedin' ages. I find it a bit disturbing that it's so staid. Something still so small should be producing plenty of action. I guess it's all gone to alts.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:53:38 AM

Yes price is stuck at a moment but I feel that maximum bottom will be 400 nothing below then that, as we might see price rise in next couple of months due to halving.

I also think it will not go below $400 again any time soon, but something inside me still tells me we will see sub $400 prices before the block halving. Very weird.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:31:07 AM

In the end it is about distribution. The better it is distributed the harder it will be to manipulate the price and thus we will get/reach stability.
Although it is a long while i am sure it will happen someday.
And this is correct answer!
It is all about distribution, stability of price cannot be achieved without beter distribution. But we will always have whales who will control price. Every dump is redistribution, and for this process we will need many years. Solution is new users and adoption.

You can rent this space
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:50:00 AM

I also think it will not go below $400 again any time soon, but something inside me still tells me we will see sub $400 prices before the block halving. Very weird.

i think it's normal to think the price may go to below $400 levels as bitcoin has surprised many of us plenty of times already. i think this month we'll make an attempt to reach $450 as we're heading towards the block halving. but then again, i don't think we will be able to hold $450 for long as the price will get dumped down again.
LMGTFY

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:57:20 AM

i think it's normal to think the price may go to below $400 levels as bitcoin has surprised many of us plenty of times already. i think this month we'll make an attempt to reach $450 as we're heading towards the block halving. but then again, i don't think we will be able to hold $450 for long as the price will get dumped down again.

Why $450? Has there been a lot of buying around $450? Apart from that possibility, I'm not seeing anything about $450 that suggests there'll be resistance - the only significance I can see is that the last peak reached $450 - but that was in the context of lower peaks, higher troughs.

I expect resistance around $500, however, due to the November high.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:06:10 AM

Why $450? Has there been a lot of buying around $450? Apart from that possibility, I'm not seeing anything about $450 that suggests there'll be resistance - the only significance I can see is that the last peak reached $450 - but that was in the context of lower peaks, higher troughs.

the market is currently in state of repeating. we have seen the price move in the direction of $450 before, and it didn't even make it to that price level. for some reason it won't go much above that price level, and yes, i agree that the charts don't show anything special at these levels, but i find it very weird though.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:08:28 AM

In the end it is about distribution. The better it is distributed the harder it will be to manipulate the price and thus we will get/reach stability.
Although it is a long while i am sure it will happen someday.
And this is correct answer!
It is all about distribution, stability of price cannot be achieved without beter distribution. But we will always have whales who will control price. Every dump is redistribution, and for this process we will need many years. Solution is new users and adoption.
That is right. But that also means we are quite far from stability at the moment. We are in the mid-term horizontal trend, not to be confused with stability.

LMGTFY

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:15:34 AM

the market is currently in state of repeating. we have seen the price move in the direction of $450 before, and it didn't even make it to that price level. for some reason it won't go much above that price level, and yes, i agree that the charts don't show anything special at these levels, but i find it very weird though.

Thanks! I see the repeating as being within an ever-diminishing range - $200-500 in October-November, $320-470 in December-January, $360-450 in February-March. I view this as (a) a sign that a breakout from this is imminent (good news for traders desperate for volatility), and (b) that support and resistance levels are sloping, not flat.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:16:54 PM

the reason is because of the sell walls that was placed in order to keep the price from going any more higher which i find a little strange but i have seen this happening.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:18:05 PM

I think the Bitcoin's price isn't stable right now it's increasing slowly and will continue this way, in my opinion, till the next halving at least. We need some other time to see if the price will get stable or not.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:45:24 PM

I think after the next halving most likely the Bitcoin's price will be more stable than nowadays
I think so too, it is only a matter of time until halving happen and make bitcoin prices again become unstable and rose to a high enough price, I really want to see the price increase  Grin
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 03:07:30 PM

this stability of price has been good for me lately because i was so afraid i am going to miss out and won't be able to buy more cheap, because i recently came across some more money that i wanted to invest in bitcoin and i was hoping to do it at this price and not any higher.

--looking for signature--
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 03:51:14 PM

Thanks! I see the repeating as being within an ever-diminishing range - $200-500 in October-November, $320-470 in December-January, $360-450 in February-March. I view this as (a) a sign that a breakout from this is imminent (good news for traders desperate for volatility), and (b) that support and resistance levels are sloping, not flat.
My TA view is a bit different: we are in a horizontal trend between $350 and 420 since mid-January. Since then we managed to have one false breakout that stalled at $450. Since there are no reasons to either move significantly up or down we stay in that channel. We are pegged to its upper band due to the halving perspective, yet that is not enough to resolve (break out).

LMGTFY

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:08:32 PM

My TA view is a bit different: we are in a horizontal trend between $350 and 420 since mid-January. Since then we managed to have one false breakout that stalled at $450. Since there are no reasons to either move significantly up or down we stay in that channel. We are pegged to its upper band due to the halving perspective, yet that is not enough to resolve (break out).

Interesting, thanks!

With SegWit due this month I've been wondering whether it would coincide with my expected move. Do you think it could be the catalyst to a break out from your horizontal channel? (I'm not taking a position on whether SegWit is good or bad, mostly because I think the market's view will be much more interesting and relevant than mine, but I am getting increasingly bored by the lack of volatility).

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: