Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:20:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stable, stable, stable!  (Read 14260 times)
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:07:59 AM

...but the question is how can it possible to stable?   

No there's no way that price will become stable. The price fluctuation of bitcoin is an active one. There are lots of traders on-hand at the exchange site. It will move and move even at smaller margin everyday and can't sustain the fixed price. But this is the best part here, if the price is stable we can't able to get more profits.

I'm not sure I understand anymore what "stable" means. BTC/USD volatility is currently rising - from record-lows. It's (slightly) higher than the volatility of USD/EUR, but less volatile than XAU/USD. If stable means "never or rarely changing" - that's never going to happen.

Stability can easily be profitable. Outside the BTC world, traders sell straddles to profit from stability. Inside the BTC world it's entirely possible to do exactly that - there's at least one exchange where BTC options can be traded, and I'm fairly certain there's at least one poster here who'll trade options OTC.

This space intentionally left blank.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:03:27 PM

No there's no way that price will become stable. The price fluctuation of bitcoin is an active one. There are lots of traders on-hand at the exchange site. It will move and move even at smaller margin everyday and can't sustain the fixed price. But this is the best part here, if the price is stable we can't able to get more profits.

I'm not sure I understand anymore what "stable" means. BTC/USD volatility is currently rising - from record-lows. It's (slightly) higher than the volatility of USD/EUR, but less volatile than XAU/USD. If stable means "never or rarely changing" - that's never going to happen.

Stability can easily be profitable. Outside the BTC world, traders sell straddles to profit from stability. Inside the BTC world it's entirely possible to do exactly that - there's at least one exchange where BTC options can be traded, and I'm fairly certain there's at least one poster here who'll trade options OTC.
I also don't understand this confusion of a temporary (at most mid-term) horizontal with stability. Bitcoin is far from being stable by definition, being a relatively young asset that yet has to mature. That is why we should still expect a lot of volatility ahead, despite this recent silence.

this space is intentionally left blank
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:37:00 AM

The bitcoin is getting more stable in my opinion at the end of this year, I think the halving will help us with this to be honest.
There is such a good chance that the bitcoin is going to a higher amount this year and later on this year be stable by indeed the halving.
No, at the end of this year stability of bitcoin price is not going to happen but the price will continue to rise as when the demand is started and increased the price rising will be startedand with that the demand will increase much more so this will continue for long time.
airezx20

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:47:41 AM

The bitcoin is getting more stable in my opinion at the end of this year, I think the halving will help us with this to be honest.
There is such a good chance that the bitcoin is going to a higher amount this year and later on this year be stable by indeed the halving.
No, at the end of this year stability of bitcoin price is not going to happen but the price will continue to rise as when the demand is started and increased the price rising will be startedand with that the demand will increase much more so this will continue for long time.
Yeah there's no stable price for the bitcoins and i think this is not the time that the price will continues increase.. because we see the price in few days ago is 460+ and its decrease into 440... and i think only traders can control the price for now.. just lets hope this coming month that the price will increase more and reach 500 again..
Ulloa

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 08:53:11 AM

The price keep stable for a long time and there are a lot of people that dont like that value now because they want to make profit soon with Bitcoin because they are greedy.
And that is quite bad it would be better if you have patience and just wait later for a higher value.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 11:17:23 AM

This stability will get Bitcoin zero publicity. There is no way the news is going to report that Bitcoin's price has done nothing for weeks. It takes wild price swings to get publicity.
Thats why many people don't know much about it because the coin don't get any publicity.
Not even when the coin is stable for weeks, it will only get publicity when it reach a double amount of the value from now.
That's why many people will never hear about the coin.
NO, the stability is not bad for bitcoin but it is a good character for any currency to become successful , just like dollar, it is a most stable currency so everyone readily believe on it and accept it without any doubt.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:56:22 PM

The price keep stable for a long time and there are a lot of people that dont like that value now because they want to make profit soon with Bitcoin because they are greedy.
And that is quite bad it would be better if you have patience and just wait later for a higher value.
I hope so.
the current bitcoin prices have started to rise slowly and I hope that the price will remain stable until next year or forever  Grin
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:18:27 PM

For the miners: if the price rise doesn't cover their electricity costs after the halving, i suppose they'll stop mining, so the diff might fall a couple weeks/months after the halving.
tn211

Activity: 778
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 06:36:16 PM

Maybe the bitcoin is gonna get stable but of course we cannot predict this, I really hope the price will be stable at the end of this year.
There is a possibility that this is gonna happen if everything with the halving will go well.
Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:18:20 PM

Maybe the bitcoin is gonna get stable but of course we cannot predict this, I really hope the price will be stable at the end of this year.
There is a possibility that this is gonna happen if everything with the halving will go well.

There is a chance it will get stable, although I think it will be a small chance, the bitcoin is still not big enough to get stable.
The halving will maybe help but I think it will still not be enough to be honest.
The Arcitect

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:56:18 PM

Price is never stable Angry
Why you got into bitcoin in the fist place if you expect this?

«««▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Yo coin ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬»»»
P2P Digital Currency ◘    ◘ Maximize your YOLIFE design your own future ◘
Come join our great community on SLACK
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:46:21 PM

For the miners: if the price rise doesn't cover their electricity costs after the halving, i suppose they'll stop mining, so the diff might fall a couple weeks/months after the halving.
that is exactly what may happen. Furthermore, most of the biggest miners are also the biggest whales, and thus, they may decide to hedge smaller mining revenue by pushing the price down and then collecting cheaper Bitcoins when the panic selling starts. 

uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:59:42 PM

People like to contradict themselves. They want the price to be stable, but at the same they want to have big, chunky gains.

The Arcitect

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 11:59:31 PM

People like to contradict themselves. They want the price to be stable, but at the same they want to have big, chunky gains.

Not possible. People also expect something from nothing  Undecided
Go figure  Roll Eyes

«««▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Yo coin ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬»»»
P2P Digital Currency ◘    ◘ Maximize your YOLIFE design your own future ◘
Come join our great community on SLACK
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 12:05:31 AM

Yup. Once there is some decent stability people will start yelling 'Bitcoin is boring!!!!' And once there is plenty of volatility people start yelling 'The price is not stable and that isn't good'  Cheesy Clowns.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 12:30:38 AM

The bitcoin will be stable soon or later, but I think we are now still far from it to be honest because the bitcoin is just staggering all day these days.
I think in about a year or maybe with some luck after the halving it can be stable but we can of course not predict this.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:05:01 AM

The bitcoin will be stable soon or later, but I think we are now still far from it to be honest because the bitcoin is just staggering all day these days.
I think in about a year or maybe with some luck after the halving it can be stable but we can of course not predict this.
Bitcoin is only six years old. I know that it may seem a lot to many, but in reality Bitcoin is still in very initial phase with many adoption questions being unanswered. Therefore, expecting stability right now is like not understanding where we are at the moment.

italianobitcoin

Activity: 370

Forza Italia

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 03:31:15 PM

Bitcoin keep a long time stable and many people dont like it and the reason is that they want to earn some money with it which that is not possible now around this time.
And I understand that because it was their main reason to earn some money with it.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:05:06 PM

Bitcoin keep a long time stable and many people dont like it and the reason is that they want to earn some money with it which that is not possible now around this time.
And I understand that because it was their main reason to earn some money with it.
Bitcoin was never stable, as Bitcoin is still a young asset, that is very volatile. There is no reason for stability, as the main price driver is speculation. That means that as soon as speculators wish to, the price will start moving either up or down. Current lack of price action is a result of lack of p&d players and should not be confused with stability.

BitsandBites

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:01:44 PM

There is gonna be a day that the bitcoin will be stable its only the question when this will happen, maybe it will happen this year but I highly doubt it to be honest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: