Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:19:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stable, stable, stable!  (Read 14262 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 10:58:46 PM

It's one of the darkest period for Bitcoin right now despite all good news that people don't really know how to read, it's all just hype for everyone. Until some of the major problems are resolved Bitcoin will remain what it has been for several years a speculation instrument. Since high leverage and shorting were introduced the amount of money poured into the market has gone lower and lower and it's becoming harder and harder to sustain or even reach higher prices.

I see bitcoin in 2015 as fundamentally no different to bitcoin in any other year. Its still new and is still experimental. Anything that is new and experimental will be speculated - that is just "natural". Again allowing high leverage and shorting are just part of a commodity/currency getting more and more of the treatment that other commodities/currencies have to face.

It is not necessarily a dark period let alone one of its darkest periods. New demand is weak currently but we have not even got to the point where the average person would trust one of these exchanges - as they are far from transparent eg about internal manipuation. That is why the twins exchange might bring about more volume.

Give bitcoin a few more years and it will be doing much better     
I hate it when the price is stable because Bitcoin becomes really boring at that point and some people might even quit.
I also have thought a couple of times of quoting but I am going to be patient and wait it out.

No one will quit. And if there are people that will indeed quit, then we're much better off without them as they don't add anything of value to Bitcoin. I personally don't mind stability as it gives less experienced Bitcoiners and the average joe more incentive to use Bitcoin as currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 04:11:56 AM

It's one of the darkest period for Bitcoin right now despite all good news that people don't really know how to read, it's all just hype for everyone. Until some of the major problems are resolved Bitcoin will remain what it has been for several years a speculation instrument. Since high leverage and shorting were introduced the amount of money poured into the market has gone lower and lower and it's becoming harder and harder to sustain or even reach higher prices.

I see bitcoin in 2015 as fundamentally no different to bitcoin in any other year. Its still new and is still experimental. Anything that is new and experimental will be speculated - that is just "natural". Again allowing high leverage and shorting are just part of a commodity/currency getting more and more of the treatment that other commodities/currencies have to face.

It is not necessarily a dark period let alone one of its darkest periods. New demand is weak currently but we have not even got to the point where the average person would trust one of these exchanges - as they are far from transparent eg about internal manipuation. That is why the twins exchange might bring about more volume.

Give bitcoin a few more years and it will be doing much better     
I hate it when the price is stable because Bitcoin becomes really boring at that point and some people might even quit.
I also have thought a couple of times of quoting but I am going to be patient and wait it out.

No one will quit. And if there are people that will indeed quit, then we're much better off without them as they don't add anything of value to Bitcoin. I personally don't mind stability as it gives less experienced Bitcoiners and the average joe more incentive to use Bitcoin as currency.
If anything, this stability could attract more people into bitcoin. Because if the price remains this way, people would now start to look as it as an alternative currency, much like the dollar which is also a very stable currency. Although it is not really bitcoin's nature to be stable, this thing going on could last a while because nothing has really happened to make the price jump up and down again.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:06:29 AM

If anything, this stability could attract more people into bitcoin. Because if the price remains this way, people would now start to look as it as an alternative currency, much like the dollar which is also a very stable currency. Although it is not really bitcoin's nature to be stable, this thing going on could last a while because nothing has really happened to make the price jump up and down again.

Stability can't attract more people but people are already attracted that's why bitcoin reached the status of becoming a stable one. That's I don't want bitcoin to become popular more since I care for the price and Im using bitcoin as an investment.

Aside from the benefits we can get from using bitcoin, let's just take advantage of that investment since big whales are still here making such trend.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Fanpant

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:31:55 PM

Stability can't attract more people but people are already attracted that's why bitcoin reached the status of becoming a stable one. That's I don't want bitcoin to become popular more since I care for the price and Im using bitcoin as an investment.

Aside from the benefits we can get from using bitcoin, let's just take advantage of that investment since big whales are still here making such trend.

Stability may not attract investors or traders. But stability can attract more users and the price will rise gradually.
zodin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 10:10:35 PM

now the stability of bitcoin has been break and the bitcoin is in downfall direction, the price is about 130 USD down from its stable position within 3 days, so what do you think what will happen, is it possible that the price of bitcoin will come back to its previous position, i personally hopping that very soon the price of bitcoin will be cover, and it will gain its previous position very soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  

Jump to: