Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:38:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of old threads need to be removed/deleted to make better seo, thank you  (Read 819 times)
bitbets (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:05:55 AM

Old Threads need to be removed/deleted

To try and make a long story short,

there is a thread at bitcointalk that is causing seo problems for smartcoin,

and I am creating this thread to ask bitcointalk moderators or owners to please 'delete'
the offending thread, or hide it somehow so that it isn't showing to anyone including search engines anymore.

If bitcointalk helps in this way, in a short while those threads will not be offending, and smartcoin will be liberated to have the current main thread move up in search engine results.

Those old threads make it so that people must click on two different links, in order to finally make it to the current smartcoin main thread.
Those old threads do not reflect the current smartcoin, as such those threads are misleading information.

Most Offending Thread, this one comes up first in search engine results. Please delete/remove, thank you
"https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400893.0"

Second offending thread, please delete/remove this thread as well, thank you
"https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=555426.0"

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 06:10:03 AM

We aren't going to delete a thread with over 260 pages to fix your SEO problems.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:18:54 AM

You can edit the thread title and move it out of the current board.
bitbets (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:24:01 AM

We aren't going to delete a thread with over 260 pages to fix your SEO problems.

That thread is misleading information to the current smartcoin thread,

and I am requesting for that thread and the other thread to be removed,

and it would be a kind thing to do for the current smartcoin seo.

thank you

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:27:05 AM

and here I thought this was about bitcointalk seo  Undecided

um. this OP isn't the one who made those two threads. oh, were you talking to badbear?
bitbets (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:28:01 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 06:47:13 AM by bitbets

Maybe that might help? or put the offending threads into archives? might that help the current smartcoin seo problems with that offending thread?

The offending threads are locked and those people who were the op's of those threads are not around to discuss this with them.

I would prefer if those threads were simply removed, and that would help the current smartcoin thread and current seo for smartcoin

So you know, those threads are offending me, and I am asking you to be kind and remove the offending threads.

thank you

The first offending thread was started by a user named 'smartcoin' who hasn't posted since april 12, 2014, and the last post on that thread with 263 pages was on april 3 , 2014, and that thread is not relevant to the current smartcoin, and is not reflecting the current smartcoin at all.
What that dev did is history, and has nothing to do with people who invest or mine smartcoins at this time.
Smartcoin is now an X11 coin with only 24.5 million coins, a different coin practically.
Why should the current smartcoin thread have to suffer under the persecutions of that old locked thread from over a year ago?

The second offending thread was started by 'invisiblehands' user from bitcointalk, he was around for a while last year, I remember, but his last post was in october 2014.

There is no point in having those two threads as backlinks for the current smartcoin,
except those 2 threads are only causing negativity is all.

I am trying to help smartcoin to make a better first impression, and those offending threads are destroying the first impression.

I hope you see my point, and help out here by removing/deleting/hiding those offending threads for people who are current investors in smartcoin. Those threads are in our way, and oppressing the current smartcoin, so a decision to keep those threads is a decision to oppress the current smartcoin, and oppress current smartcoin investors including me, and I think that is really rude, so please be kind

Thank you guys/gals at bitcointalk

*also, the original creators of those two threads, could also delete all the posts on those threads and change the titles of those two threads, couldn't they? That would also work to free up the current smartcoin seo as well, so those two posters are being rude by keeping those threads there and oppressing the current smartcoin.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

bitbets (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:35:54 AM

The way I look at it, is that if those threads were in my control, I would delete those threads,

because there is too much negativity, people on the internet seem to misinterpret things too quickly.

Especially the first thread, is like meeting and greeting people for the first time,
shaking their hands, while having dirty toilet paper in your hands.

I am asking bitcointalk to delete the dirty toilet paper,

I want smartcoin to be able to meet and greet without that, thank you.

Due to that thread showing first in search results, that dirty toilet paper has become the landing page for smartcoin on the internet.

I mean, come on guys, we have to defeat those threads, to help smartcoin seo, and bitcointalk can make this alot easier for us, simply by deleting those threads.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 06:02:07 AM

-snip-
I hope you see my point, and help out here by removing/deleting/hiding those offending threads for people who are current investors in smartcoin. Those threads are in our way, and oppressing the current smartcoin, so a decision to keep those threads is a decision to oppress the current smartcoin, and oppress current smartcoin investors including me, and I think that is really rude, so please be kind
-snip-

IMHO you have a serious problem with your selection of words and I doubt you feel opressed and/or offended by a thread.

-snip-
I mean, come on guys, we have to defeat those threads, to help smartcoin seo, and bitcointalk can make this alot easier for us, simply by deleting those threads.

No, "we" dont have to do anything. You (as in those involved in the coin) decided to reuse a name that was already taken in the past. If marketing is so important for your coin it might be a good idea to rebrand it to get a clean slate.

Just out of curiousity did you also ask the iTunes store to remove the "Smart Coin" app because its "offending" you and your coin?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
bitbets (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:11:40 AM

-snip-
-snip-

IMHO you have a serious problem with your selection of words and I doubt you feel opressed and/or offended by a thread.

-snip-

No, "we" dont have to do anything. You (as in those involved in the coin) decided to reuse a name that was already taken in the past. If marketing is so important for your coin it might be a good idea to rebrand it to get a clean slate.

Just out of curiousity did you also ask the iTunes store to remove the "Smart Coin" app because its "offending" you and your coin?

The smartcoin code has been changed, and many of the original miners dumped their coins at the time when the original dev decided to dissappear,

It is the same coin named smartcoin, the name never changed, but the information on that thread is not relevant to the current smartcoin now.

It is like dirty toilet paper in the hand, and shaking hands to meet and greet, the first impression is that dirty toilet paper from the original dev.

Lets be honest, if you were in control of a bunch of webpages, and there was a page with negative stuff you didn't like, wouldn't you just delete it?

Of course, you would just delete it, therefore it makes sense to delete stuff that is of no use and negative to help out your fellow man with their investments.

i don't think itunes has a 'smartcoin app' but maybe a 'smartphone app'.

How would you like to have a landing page with dirty toilet paper to represent you on the internet?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 10:42:47 AM

This forum doesn't do things like these AFAIK. If topic starters report that topics to move it to Archival. Mods may do it and it might reduce the problem but I am not sure though.

-snip-
Lets be honest, if you were in control of a bunch of webpages, and there was a page with negative stuff you didn't like, wouldn't you just delete it?

Of course, you would just delete it, therefore it makes sense to delete stuff that is of no use and negative to help out your fellow man with their investments.
 -snip-

Lets be honest, why are you promoting an obvious scam in your signature? You should start cleaning from there first.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 11:46:45 AM

-snip-
-snip-

-snip-

The smartcoin code has been changed, and many of the original miners dumped their coins at the time when the original dev decided to dissappear,

It is the same coin named smartcoin, the name never changed, but the information on that thread is not relevant to the current smartcoin now.

It is like dirty toilet paper in the hand, and shaking hands to meet and greet, the first impression is that dirty toilet paper from the original dev.

Granted I do not know much about the history of smartcoin.

If I am in control I have most likely the right to delete said "stuff". You however are not in control, the staff here is and their impression is not that you are requesting to get rid of toilet paper, but of a long thread with many posts.

It is your interpretation that said "stuff" has no use, its not a fact.

i don't think itunes has a 'smartcoin app' but maybe a 'smartphone app'.

Its #1 result when I search for smartcoin, I though you with SEO concerns would know that app.

How would you like to have a landing page with dirty toilet paper to represent you on the internet?

Well firstly I am a person, not a coin. Thus I have humand rights, your coin does not. Depending on the informtion I might be able to pursue legal actions. Besides that if the information is suitably representing my past actions I dont think there is much I could do about it. I might request google to remove the link from search history, but e.g. a newspaper article could not be requested for removal. Same with your coin. The "landing page with dirty toilet paper" is the coins past. The thread is redirecting to a different thread which in turn is redirecting to the current thread[1].

Maybe we should delete all references to the silk road and Mt. Gox because it makes Bitcoin look bad. It would certainly help with our investment.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675821.0

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: