Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:24:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next consumer model miner  (Read 8921 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:21:30 PM

I would be happy with some units coming up with maybe 5 to 10TH power using maybe 800 to 1,000watt. Right now I doubt will happen but maybe 6 to 8 months down the road or sometime next year if the future of aisc chips get smaller and use less energy then this could be done or someone comes along brakes the record to use current tec and blows markets away with power use.

I think we are a while from this.  You can get 5T unit from SP used gear.  But it's much greater energy used.  For 5T even on 1k watt's we need multiple times more efficient chip's.   That .2 watt/GH is just a little bit away.   Possibly end of next new gen.

I don't think we will get that lucky at beginning of next gen.  But I hope I am wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:05:14 PM

I would be happy with some units coming up with maybe 5 to 10TH power using maybe 800 to 1,000watt. Right now I doubt will happen but maybe 6 to 8 months down the road or sometime next year if the future of aisc chips get smaller and use less energy then this could be done or someone comes along brakes the record to use current tec and blows markets away with power use.

I think we are a while from this.  You can get 5T unit from SP used gear.  But it's much greater energy used.  For 5T even on 1k watt's we need multiple times more efficient chip's.   That .2 watt/GH is just a little bit away.   Possibly end of next new gen.

I don't think we will get that lucky at beginning of next gen.  But I hope I am wrong.

Only time will tell on how quick we get the tech and how advanced it gets. Would be nice if could indeed get 5TH units with lot less energy used. But still if prices in UK where a lot cheaper for mining and using equipment then it would be perfect but sadly our prices keep on going up and up and soon will be a protest about energy prices as its getting stupidly price.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:09:12 PM

Only time will tell on how quick we get the tech and how advanced it gets. Would be nice if could indeed get 5TH units with lot less energy used. But still if prices in UK where a lot cheaper for mining and using equipment then it would be perfect but sadly our prices keep on going up and up and soon will be a protest about energy prices as its getting stupidly price.

With UK i'm surprised you mine to be honest.  I think vat/taxes keeps a lot miners out, and some of the europe stores I have seen have stupid high prices.  Add high electricity price to that, mining would be hard.

I just have a feeling we will be going to .3x per GH area.  Our currennt gen SP and Avalon gear have really suprised me with amount of underclocking they have gotten with current gen.

I hope I'm wrong and it's .2x per gh area but I'm just not sure at first of next gen we will see it.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:42:21 PM

Too bad nothing ever came from ASICMiner's BE300, which tested below 0.2W/GH five months ago. The BM1384 will do 0.3W/GH pretty easily, but chip density to get high hashrates with it means increased cost.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 10:13:43 PM

With UK i'm surprised you mine to be honest.  I think vat/taxes keeps a lot miners out, and some of the europe stores I have seen have stupid high prices.  Add high electricity price to that, mining would be hard.

I just have a feeling we will be going to .3x per GH area.  Our currennt gen SP and Avalon gear have really suprised me with amount of underclocking they have gotten with current gen.

I hope I'm wrong and it's .2x per gh area but I'm just not sure at first of next gen we will see it.

I no longer mine only on and off right now until I decided on what am doing in terms of getting me some of the maybe new S4+ but I have just read KNC bringing out some new so called chip and units so maybe ants will get them too or before them or at a good point to sell . I will mine newer coins but only on the day they come out for maybe a few days. If I do get a hold of new equipment in the TH range and good poer ratio then I might come back to the game of mining but cost and ratio is a no go am trading more than anything now days lot more profit to be maid in it and keeping most coin  I get ready for the halfing next year or so.

A New 3D Bitcoin Mining Chip At 16 Nanometer

Based in the tech hub that is Stockholm, Sweden, KnCMiner has once again confirmed its status as the world's foremost Bitcoin transaction processing technology provider. KnCMiner is the first company in the world to deploy a 16 nm processor at scale. Never before in history has this kind of technology seen the light of day – or the auroras above the Clear Sky mining farms in the far north.

How true this is one can only find out over the next coming months or so and maybe just maybe ANT have something hidden away to release to the public shortly.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S