Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:41:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Since Bitcoin is becoming a train wreck, what's Nxt?  (Read 1404 times)
TruthBear (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:38:52 AM

Excuse the pun. But seriously, NXT is starting to look like the most decentralized offering right now. Instead of long drawn-out inflation over the next 100 years, the distribution is done for NXT. Every day, it becomes more distributed and the development from the community is incredible.

Any other alts that match this kind of dedication (community size) and support (1+ years top 10 CMC)? Have you seen the wallet? It looks like a swiss army knife compared to Bitcoin Core.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 06:57:59 AM

none
btc is still king of crypto, others are just get rich quick scam Grin

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:15:56 AM

Excuse the pun. But seriously, NXT is starting to look like the most decentralized offering right now. Instead of long drawn-out inflation over the next 100 years, the distribution is done for NXT. Every day, it becomes more distributed and the development from the community is incredible.

Any other alts that match this kind of dedication (community size) and support (1+ years top 10 CMC)? Have you seen the wallet? It looks like a swiss army knife compared to Bitcoin Core.

You may wanna take a look at NEM (http://nem.io) allthough it has only been out for a couple of months and therefore doesn't yet have the huge community or non-core-dev contributions like NXT. It has some other advantages though.
Technical reference (whitepaper-ish) is here http://nem.io/NEM_techRef.pdf

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:18:26 AM

We are the descendants of Bitcoin!
We are the continuation of the decentralized ideology!
We are the NXT generation of cryptocurrency!

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:21:32 AM

nxt in line for a pump and huge dump!

That is all it looked promising but at the end its the same as any other.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:22:19 AM

You may wanna take a look at NEM (http://nem.io) allthough it has only been our for a couple of months and therefore doesn't yet have the huge community or non-core-dev contributions like NXT. It has some other advantages though.

Get out of here you lying commie with your flawed PoI.  It is the right of every currency holder to be able to secure his investment.  Outsourcing blockchain security to third-party PoW miners, delegates or those who make the most transactions is against the fundamental rights of the currency holders.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:23:51 AM

You're wrong.  We are the continuation of the original Bitcoin movement.

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:24:51 AM

You may wanna take a look at NEM (http://nem.io) allthough it has only been our for a couple of months and therefore doesn't yet have the huge community or non-core-dev contributions like NXT. It has some other advantages though.

Get out of here you lying commie with your flawed PoI.  It is the right of every currency holder to be able to secure his investment.  Outsourcing blockchain security to third-party PoW miners, delegates or those who make the most transactions is against the fundamental rights of the currency holders.

See that's the kind of clown that you'll have to put up with if you join NXT. There are a lot of very decent NXTers but the community is also full of iditots like that.

onewiseguy

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:31:31 AM

well I hope your right I have a couple NXT but I am not holding my breath of it,
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:34:18 AM

See that's the kind of clown that you'll have to put up with if you join NXT. There are a lot of very decent NXTers but the community is also full of iditots like that.

Hey, call me what you want... but at least I don't associate with liars, cheaters and thieves just to make some money of unsuspecting individuals.  Nobody with any common sense trusts that ripoff scam called NEM you constantly promote or anybody who associates with it.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:36:48 AM

well I hope your right I have a couple NXT but I am not holding my breath of it,

It starts with you and everybody else who believes in the original ideology.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:57:27 AM

if btc is a train wreck, nxt is a plane crash (and with only the crew onboard) ie game over a hell of alot faster  Wink
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 09:02:46 AM

the community is also full of iditots like that.

TruthBear (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 09:13:21 AM

I think I can safely assume the bitcoin community has more 'iditots'  Wink (not referring to you specifically but the frequency of trolls on here)
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:13:23 AM

Nxt's developers did a great job and nxt got a lot of great features. But unfortunately, almost no people use it. And it was ignored by most people. That is sad.
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:48:06 PM

I would hardly call Bitcoin a "train wreck." Bitcoin is just fine.

With that said, if Bitcoin were to lose its dominating position any time soon, I really doubt that NXT would take over the #1 spot. NXT is an interesting project and has a lot of things going for it, but it hasn't exactly placed itself in position as the heir apparent to Bitcoin.

Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:29:00 PM

NXT looks like a complete joke, I don't know about anyone else but DGEX isn't even working at all right now (can't log in, can't contact support).
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:16:06 AM

NXT looks like a complete joke, I don't know about anyone else but DGEX isn't even working at all right now (can't log in, can't contact support).

DGEX is not part of the NXT core... and is a private project fallen on hard times.
You can't this stoopid... so you are obviously trolling.

As for the NXT core, I've done at least 1,000 tx without a single incident.
So it's rock solid if you are remotely computer literate.

Yes, there is a learning curve... comparable to learning Facebook or an iPhone...
And the community is by far the best I've seen among crypto forums.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:22:08 AM

It starts with you and everybody else who believes in the original ideology.

I'm seriously concerned that NXT has developed a 5th column of control freak "internet vigilantes"...
Who's goal is to use FEAR to destroy the philosophies of liberty and self-reliance that Satoshi/BCNext stood by.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 07:08:37 AM

NXT is your Java of the crypto world

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: