Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:36:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to buy.. what to buy..  (Read 3557 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:31:10 PM

Crypto..

PM..

REIT's...

Another stock??

OIL ETF?

Any advice.. ideas.. stories.

Currently I am only buying PM's and Crypto, considering other things to buy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:35:46 PM

Gold doesn't look bad to me, it all depends how the Greece thing will resolve and what FED will decide for interest rates I guess... it will be a pretty volatile summer anyway
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:03:51 PM

I think Oil is best choice too at the moment as current prices of oil are low and situation in oil producing countries is horrible.Sooner we will see huge rise at price and that can bring huge profit.Gold and Bitcoin also are looking great to invest in those assets.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 08:19:26 PM

There are some great energy stocks  that pay pretty good regular dividends.

What I've been really excited by recently is Motif Investing (https://www.motifinvesting.com/). You can create a group of stocks (20 or fewer) and then invest in that group like you'd invest in a mutual fund. Use any theme you want to create your group or use the pre-existing groups or "motifs" provided. You can also search 100s of motifs by recent gains, topic, and other valuable information filters. The cost per trade is low and this really gets you great exposure to whatever business trend you see taking off, without the risk of investing in one company at a time.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:38:22 PM

bitcoin even more than before, now that it dropped a little more, it's the perfect time to reload your stash, don't fool yourself into thinking that it can go much lower than current price, there is no sub 200

personally i would not invest in anything else right now
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:59:41 PM

spazzdla

If you have been buying PMs and crypto, then you are in pretty good shape!  If you feel that you have "enough", then yes, it's OK to look at some alternatives.  Some ideas:

Oil & Gas LP and an ETF:

-- Tallgrass Energy Partners (TEP).  Mostly Nat Gas, they process some of it (for NGLs) and they are in a stable part of the USA (Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming and Kansas).  Nice yield.

-- Alerian ETF of oil & gas (AMJ) .  Also has a good yield.  AMJ holds a number of oil & gas LPs.  (I own some AMJ)

Stocks:

I would only buy something that you do NOT already have, for diversification.  IMO, the stock market is risky (priced very high) now, so I wold only buy shares of companies that are strong with little debt.
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:54:25 PM

OIL is a very good choice, since price is very low,
We can expect big rise in next few weeks
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:00:41 PM

Still holding Tesla, Apple and Coke as basics. If you wanna get on Tesla I would wait till it drops to about 230.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:04:31 PM

OIL is a very good choice, since price is very low,
We can expect big rise in next few weeks

Why do you think oil is a very good investment? Because it is not. It's an ok option if you know how to ride waves. Price right now looks like it is due for another dip.

Like Amph stated, Bitcoin is the best option. Just buy and hold. Simple and easy.
masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:09:32 PM

my personal opinion in this order: Bitcoin, oil, and gold. If you feel like really gambling, penny stocks.

thedictator

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:04:46 AM

I think Bitcoin is your best choice at the moment.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 01:38:12 PM

spazzdla

If you have been buying PMs and crypto, then you are in pretty good shape!  If you feel that you have "enough", then yes, it's OK to look at some alternatives.  Some ideas:

Oil & Gas LP and an ETF:

-- Tallgrass Energy Partners (TEP).  Mostly Nat Gas, they process some of it (for NGLs) and they are in a stable part of the USA (Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming and Kansas).  Nice yield.

-- Alerian ETF of oil & gas (AMJ) .  Also has a good yield.  AMJ holds a number of oil & gas LPs.  (I own some AMJ)

Stocks:

I would only buy something that you do NOT already have, for diversification.  IMO, the stock market is risky (priced very high) now, so I wold only buy shares of companies that are strong with little debt.

Im in gold and BTC prettt decently.  Alas almost 80% of my wealth is just sitting as Fiat in a savings account....  Could be useful during deflation alas I am 100% positive my gov will empty my entire account "for the greater good".  Been considering just holding a couple k cash on the side but.. I dunno that is just burning money.

I have been very nervious about the stock market as it seems insanely high.   

I feel gas is low right now hence wanting to get into it.  I will take a gander of these ETF's.   

I've been considering gaslog a LGN shipping company.  They seem to have bottomed out currently.
BRE
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 02:22:30 PM

# Oil, why Oil ? The price of oil has been trending down lately, some call this price manipulation, and it really is.

# Gold, why gold ? Unlike paper currency, coins or other assets, gold has maintained its value throughout the ages.
People see gold as a way to pass on and preserve their wealth from one generation to the next.

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

https://lucky.lat/

Contact Us!
sales@lucky.lat
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:42:13 PM

# Oil, why Oil ? The price of oil has been trending down lately, some call this price manipulation, and it really is.

# Gold, why gold ? Unlike paper currency, coins or other assets, gold has maintained its value throughout the ages.
People see gold as a way to pass on and preserve their wealth from one generation to the next.

*gold has maintained its value throughout the ages. *

Hum.. because of that.

AlgoSwan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

ancap

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:48:01 PM

Silver bullion and BTC would be best investment for the next decade.

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 02:54:16 PM

Gold & Bitcoin would be my no.1 choice if I was buying, also Land, where I am the cost of land gets almost doubled in an year or 2. But it really depends on what budget you have.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:24:16 PM

NO ONE knows the future.

Since OP seems to have a decent ("enough" ?) amount of BTC and even gold (or at least close to enough), then it makes very good sense to look at some diversification.

PM diversification is not a bad idea either.  Have gold?  Then buy some silver or platinum.  Smiley  (Note: I practice what I preach)

Oil and/or stocks would seem to count as diversification (of course I do not know spazzdla's exact situation).

It is SMART to retain some 3 - 6 months worth of FIAT$ (much of it outside the bank in "long green" in your physical possession) if possible.  Never know what will happen, and people and stores would take CA$H in a pinch if the ATMs and credit card systems go down, at least for a while.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:57:59 PM

Gold & Bitcoin would be my no.1 choice if I was buying, also Land, where I am the cost of land gets almost doubled in an year or 2. But it really depends on what budget you have.

Land.. now that is a pretty good plan..  Lots of insanely cheap land in parts of my country.. HUM..

I might just do this. I like this plan.
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 04:43:38 PM

Land.. now that is a pretty good plan..  Lots of insanely cheap land in parts of my country.. HUM..

I might just do this. I like this plan.

My friend said that invest on property has a bright future because the price of land is getting higher and higher because there will be more need on it. When land has got fewer, on that time you will got profit

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:02:47 PM

I am actually a heavy owner of silver.  I have gold but my PM holdins silver is the largets amount.

I have highly considered withdrawing a couple k and putting it in a saftey box or just in my house.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: