Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:28:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to buy.. what to buy..  (Read 3557 times)
AlgoSwan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

ancap

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:03:42 PM

also Land, where I am the cost of land gets almost doubled in an year or 2.
Your calculation is based on fiat currencies. Always compare land prices with gold, silver, BTC, or even rare earth minerals and always take notes on paper and include date of your writing. You will be shocked when you see the results. You will be more shocked at BTC to land prices from now to next decade.

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:07:50 PM

Buying land may be good.  Just make sure that you have plenty of money (cash) to pay property tax in the coming years.  Property tax is one of the easiest taxes to levy, maintain and raise.

Don't have too much invested in land unless you are very rich.

If your land is productive land (or with good tree cover), that is even better.  Check mineral rights and title search...

AlgoSwan proposes an interesting idea to see which assets are overpriced vs. others.  + 1
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:19:28 PM

buy short term government bonds.

you can never go wrong with that, and then get your money back.  Smiley

unless another fiancial meltdown happens.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:58:30 PM

Gold & Bitcoin would be my no.1 choice if I was buying, also Land, where I am the cost of land gets almost doubled in an year or 2. But it really depends on what budget you have.

Land.. now that is a pretty good plan..  Lots of insanely cheap land in parts of my country.. HUM..

I might just do this. I like this plan.

also land are always worth something, even in a very distante future, they hold quite well their value, and if one day you can't sell it, you can still find another use for them, for you needs(like a small farm, or a vegetable garden)
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:20:20 PM

I`d buy those reits, everyone person needs to pay their mortgage right.

So just go based on whats more sensible to invest.

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:58:06 PM

buy short term government bonds.

you can never go wrong with that, and then get your money back.  Smiley

unless another fiancial meltdown happens.

Which short term goverment bonds that you can actually buy it? I know that most of short term investment have low risk but the payout is low too, you will get just a little bit around 10% back from that investment so it wont good enough to stack your money buying that investment
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 06:46:53 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2015, 07:36:28 AM by Slark

Gold & Bitcoin would be my no.1 choice if I was buying, also Land, where I am the cost of land gets almost doubled in an year or 2. But it really depends on what budget you have.

Land.. now that is a pretty good plan..  Lots of insanely cheap land in parts of my country.. HUM..

also land are always worth something, even in a very distante future, they hold quite well their value, and if one day you can't sell it, you can still find another use for them, for you needs(like a small farm, or a vegetable garden)

If land is so cheap in your country right now then don't count that it will be worth a lot more during next 10 or 20 years. The problem with land market is that if you buy some area very cheap it will probably stay cheap, unless of course you will build something there or you know for a fact that said land is valuable. Don't expect to earn fast profit from land trade.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 10:27:05 AM

Land.. now that is a pretty good plan..  Lots of insanely cheap land in parts of my country.. HUM..

If land is so cheap in your country right now then don't count that it will be worth a lot more during next 10 or 20 years. The problem with land market is that if you buy some area very cheap it will probably stay cheap, unless of course you will build something there or you know for a fact that said land is valuable. Don't expect to earn fast profit from land trade.

True. The land investment can't get high profit in few years, so it just suitable for long-term investment that give profit to our next generation.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:58:08 PM

That is not true. Land is one of the best investments too besides gold and this is a long term investment. Because the price will sure going up again every year same as gold. Lets say you own that land and government want to build something near that land if they are not buying it they can't expand it so they need to buy with the high price from you and that will make others land near yours will go higher of course. So it wont stay cheap anymore
AlgoSwan

ancap

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:10:27 PM

That is not true. Land is one of the best investments too besides gold and this is a long term investment. Because the price will sure going up again every year same as gold. Lets say you own that land and government want to build something near that land if they are not buying it they can't expand it so they need to buy with the high price from you and that will make others land near yours will go higher of course. So it wont stay cheap anymore

so, you need government to make your investment profitable. Is that correct?

spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:48:29 PM

There is cheap land.. it is all not cheap.

Actually we now have "most over valued housing market".. which is why I got out of it.
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 03:51:22 PM

It would be happen if government build that. And if no, what will you do? We can't compare the investment of land with the gold, because if your land is not strategic place, it will be hard to sell, but for gold, everyone likes it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

It would be happen if government build that. And if no, what will you do? We can't compare the investment of land with the gold, because if your land is not strategic place, it will be hard to sell, but for gold, everyone likes it.

if you can't sell your land, you can always build stuff in top of it, and produce something to sell, so still worth it, in any case
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:32:13 PM

so, you need government to make your investment profitable. Is that correct?

That is one of the thing. You can get profit through that and there is much more than you can surely get profit from lands too. Like if there are people building house after that the land price sure going high too so we can earn from that. There are so many ways to earn profit from land. That is just how are you going to do with your land

Every land will get any profit anyway no matter how strategic or not. It just matter of time when the price is going higher or not. If there are no government that will build anything there I will just wait for the right time or may be you can produce something good. At last you will get the profit so you nothing to lose
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 05:58:05 PM

if you can't sell your land, you can always build stuff in top of it, and produce something to sell, so still worth it, in any case

You must spend more money to build that, and if you do, what kind of building will you build? If you build something that people don't like it, so they never come to your building, and the price of your land will be decrease.

Every land will get any profit anyway no matter how strategic or not. It just matter of time when the price is going higher or not. If there are no government that will build anything there I will just wait for the right time or may be you can produce something good. At last you will get the profit so you nothing to lose

What will you produce on the land that not strategic at all?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:02:56 PM

Wait for Greece to crash the market and buy the dip stocks wise.
Metals are always solid, always good to have some gold and silver no matter what.
BTC is always moon headed, the problem is only God knows what is a floor and what is a ceiling with disruptive tech.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:28:03 PM

You must spend more money to build that, and if you do, what kind of building will you build? If you build something that people don't like it, so they never come to your building, and the price of your land will be decrease.

there is one thing that people will always want, and they need forever

foods

this is the answer, build something that provide some special foods, or even a small supermarket, in a strategic zone, and you are done
AlgoSwan

ancap

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:19:08 PM

foods

this is the answer, build something that provide some special foods, or even a small supermarket, in a strategic zone, and you are done
It reminds me an old adage: You can't eat your gold and silver when SHTF.

Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 04:31:36 AM

What will you produce on the land that not strategic at all?

I think not strategic land can produce anything. What items do you need? For instance daily items like milk or eggs. I dont think to produce that

items need a strategic place to be because you can just deliver it them no need them to come into your land to get it
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 05:15:15 AM

I think not strategic land can produce anything. What items do you need? For instance daily items like milk or eggs. I dont think to produce that

items need a strategic place to be because you can just deliver it them no need them to come into your land to get it

Right but we need other criteria here, condition of land. How could you build a plantation or livestock if your land is not suitable for that? Because the badlands maybe, or bad climate there.

foods

Have you heard about the restaurant or food place into bankrupt because not many people that visit the place? That's why I said the strategic location is most important criteria to people when take land investment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x