Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:19:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dracula Coin is a wallet stealing virus!!! WATCH OUT!!  (Read 2205 times)
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 04:57:38 PM

I like this: http://www.ikarussecurity.com/downloads/products/download-ikarus-antivirus/
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 05:50:56 PM

"I Vant To Suck Your Coin."

Jeez...the scammer must have a sick sense of humour.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

interbtc

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:39:19 AM

Alts Has increasingly been to spread viruses. Thanks for the warning!
Use https://www.virustotal.com/
TomVelvetPaws

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

BTC=1GjeqWFLc4TBDg3bwdQk9ZWnEoNPCT9t6G

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 02:07:58 AM

He is one of the guys doing it.He has been real busy as of late.Don't ask this fucker for any help and don't buy anything he has to offer or your taking a big risk.I cant even mine anymore I cant find any clean downloads every time I download a mining app Like Multiminer/cudaminer/ccminer/bfgminer its infected with trojan.Thats how he got into my system a second time after I cleaned or thought I cleaned out infection now all that shit is just deleted.I dont know how to complie my own apps or I would do just what Nate Wools told me to do.I have ALWAYS had a big problem understand the cmd line it just confuses and befuddles me.I was trying to save up a bit to get my car fixed and to take some online classes on this crypto thing to learn how to compile my own apps and to set up pools.Im sick of relying on other pools to mine at and downloading infected shit.

CRAVE Embrace the privacy movement    ◥
   Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.     ◥
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 07:52:20 AM

a very interesting thread,

if running alt coins , in particular with a dev. that has a reputation such as this always use virtual machine

virtual box is free

if you are not into linux , run windows inside of windows,  you can 'create' several vm's

the person above , curious the same person who was responsible for this was involved with razor....

i remember some other questionable people involved with that coin....

i truly feel bad for anyone who is a victim of a theft like this, it is shameful

also what the op stated about these 'wallets' being clean on virus total ect....

remember virus total can expose 'known' maliscious code......

if the crook uses a known virus and changes a few things around...............well.......... it is not going to come up hot....

even if you compile the wallets yourself...... unless you read through and carefully understand the code this can happen,

if anyone can point me to a link of the original github source code that had this 'virus' aka 'keylogger' in it I would like to inspect it closer.

Curious if they used similar techniques as I have seen used in the past or not....

good thread.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:01:37 AM

Thanks vegasguy for sharing this, it's much appreciated.

I wish it were free software though :S
TomVelvetPaws

Activity: 616

BTC=1GjeqWFLc4TBDg3bwdQk9ZWnEoNPCT9t6G

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 05:37:44 AM

a very interesting thread,

if running alt coins , in particular with a dev. that has a reputation such as this always use virtual machine

virtual box is free

if you are not into linux , run windows inside of windows,  you can 'create' several vm's

the person above , curious the same person who was responsible for this was involved with razor....

i remember some other questionable people involved with that coin....

i truly feel bad for anyone who is a victim of a theft like this, it is shameful

also what the op stated about these 'wallets' being clean on virus total ect....

remember virus total can expose 'known' maliscious code......

if the crook uses a known virus and changes a few things around...............well.......... it is not going to come up hot....

even if you compile the wallets yourself...... unless you read through and carefully understand the code this can happen,

if anyone can point me to a link of the original github source code that had this 'virus' aka 'keylogger' in it I would like to inspect it closer.

Curious if they used similar techniques as I have seen used in the past or not....

good thread.

I don't have the source code but I do still have the original infected file all zipped up just the way it came

CRAVE Embrace the privacy movement    ◥
   Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.     ◥
thebenjamincode

Activity: 490

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:56:07 AM

thank you for the information, i'll be more careful now in choosing altcoins and do a lot of research before investing so that i can avoidbeing hacked
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: