Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:32:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WW3 is only a matter of time.  (Read 6628 times)
brendanjhwu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:19:28 AM

Well I don't think so...

Each country is just getting stronger and stronger. Soon enough, this world will be hot potato with a grenade in a 10 by 10 room. Noone's gonna dare to play that game Cheesy

If the world war 3 is going to happen, the entire world is going to be pushed back few hundred years in term of civilization or even can go out of extinction for that matter of using nuclear weapons.

I REALLY HOPE it doesn't come out to that. I place my life on it Smiley (get it?) haha.
Bit-Gods

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:49:41 AM

We read it in the news every day.

The world is about due for another war Worldwide. Populations have exploded and Mankind are stepping on each others toes. China is Claiming rights to the Spratly Islands and just about everything near it. The U.S. is still doing battle in Afghanistan,Iraq,Syria. Russia is testing the Limits of All of Europe and it's neighbors Doing Flyovers with Bombers almost everywhere.  The stories are endless and so are the countries ever growing as they get involved.

Is this the fate of Mankind? Is this the way to control the problem of over population?

This is not just a chance of WW3 anymore this is only a Question of when.

WW3 can wipe out every living hings from the face of earth, there  are many nucelear weapons that can have this devastating and catastrophic effects, people need to start living and accepting each other to move forward as species, if unity cannot be formed it is only a hindrance for us as human kind and we will be made extinct by our own actions, live and let live.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 11:50:59 AM

WW3 can wipe out every living hings from the face of earth, there  are many nucelear weapons that can have this devastating and catastrophic effects, people need to start living and accepting each other to move forward as species, if unity cannot be formed it is only a hindrance for us as human kind and we will be made extinct by our own actions, live and let live.

Thankfully, there are at least half a dozen nations, which are having nuclear weapons right now. If only one of the countries were having this capability, then there was a chance of that nation nuking some other less powerful nation (just like the US nuked Japan in 1945). But the fear of a retaliation in the same kind will keep the nuclear weapon-armed nations to exercise restraint.
vrm86

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:07:53 PM

First person that will make such decision is gonna take responsibility way higher than any other war criminal in history.
I am not sure about that. The Americans nuked Nagasaki and Hiroshima in 1945, when Japan was preparing to surrender. The Americans would have won the war, even without the nuclear strike. But still, they nuked Japan. Not once, but twice. A total of some 300,000 got killed as a result of the strikes, and millions more were left injured.

That was specific situation for several reasons:
-Japan had already lost that conflict (as you mentioned): there was no military purpose requiring such action
-there was no threat of response
-there was only one nuclear test in history performed before (I suppose that USA considered this as an additional scientific data source)

I said that in terms of response or even chain reaction - attacked country would no longer refrain from same kind of reaction and likely claim that it's justified.

But this incident was quickly forgotten. IMO, right now less than 1% of the world population even know the fact that the Americans nuked Japan in 1945.
I guess that there is no such fact mentioned in US history school books :/
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:35:05 PM

The Chinese are making investments all over the world, including those in neighboring countries of India, such as Pakistan, Maldives, Myanmar and Sri Lanka. There is no need for India to worry about this. At least they are not moving their heavy weapons and ballistic missiles to these countries, like the NATO is doing in Eastern Europe.

No it is not the same. China is not only investing their, but it is contributing in their infrastructure, building ports to dock ships and submarines, supplying arms and ammunition. And China has also deployed its army at Pakistan occupied Kashmir.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:11:11 PM

No it is not the same. China is not only investing their, but it is contributing in their infrastructure, building ports to dock ships and submarines, supplying arms and ammunition. And China has also deployed its army at Pakistan occupied Kashmir.

Yes. The Chinese investment involves improving the local infrastructure, such as ports and highways. Why this is surprising? And compared to Russia and the United States, China is still an infant in the arms export market. Only third world countries such as Pakistan and Sri Lanka purchase the low-quality Chinese weapons, because they can't afford any Russian or European weapons.
edric

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:29:48 PM

Yes. The Chinese investment involves improving the local infrastructure, such as ports and highways. Why this is surprising? And compared to Russia and the United States, China is still an infant in the arms export market. Only third world countries such as Pakistan and Sri Lanka purchase the low-quality Chinese weapons, because they can't afford any Russian or European weapons.

Well you did not get what I meant. I meant that through the infrastructure development, it is actually taking the lands and ports for itself, for making military and naval bases. And it does not matter if it is nowhere in exporting arms. It is competing with every top nation in terms of increasing its defense capacity.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:17:17 AM

Well you did not get what I meant. I meant that through the infrastructure development, it is actually taking the lands and ports for itself, for making military and naval bases. And it does not matter if it is nowhere in exporting arms. It is competing with every top nation in terms of increasing its defense capacity.

I have read about the Chinese investments in countries such as Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and Maldives, especially the ones involving ports and other infrastructural facilities. They seems to be purely for economic purposes. There is no chance that China will get permission to set up naval bases in return for this investment (not talking about Myanmar, there are Chinese bases already there).
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:34:05 PM

As China and Russia became more powerful they became more bolder, they want to gain control. And USA would not let that happen. A simple mistake in calculation there could be war.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 05:30:27 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 05:41:35 PM by Beliathon

There is no World War 3, such a thing is no longer possible with today's technology and politics.

Would you sacrifice hundred of thousands of american lives when there would be no need? Would the population, the troops themselves, and their commanders tolerate this needless waste of life?

This is 2015, anything you can accomplish with men on the ground, you can accomplish with far fewer casualties by using bombs. Sure, bombs cost a lot more money, but they've got their friends printing that.

You can't print human lives, that is a toll which can never be fully obscured or ignored. So onto WW3 we go, and our governments are compelled to avoid spending lives, they will naturally resort to spending money to win a bomb war.

Except a bomb war in 2015 isn't a war, not a winnable one anyway. It's the end of civilization, the only way to win that game is to not play. And everyone in power understands this, so I doubt we'll ever see WW3 unless there's mass famine, due to water shortages for example..

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:59:17 PM

As China and Russia became more powerful they became more bolder, they want to gain control. And USA would not let that happen. A simple mistake in calculation there could be war.

It is not about China and Russia attempting to gain control. It is about the NATO and the United States launching proxy wars against these nations. The Americans have been building military bases all around Russia and placing their missiles there (Poland, Lithuania, Romania.etc). They are overthrowing pro-Russian governments through covert means and replacing them with the pro-NATO ones (Ukraine, Macedonia.etc). It is the US which is provoking Russia and China, and not the other way around.
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:22:03 PM

I never really believed the world war III can happen so soon but recently, China said that it might be fucking INEVITABLE if U.S doesn't keep their shit together. They say that the U.S keeps messing with the South China Sea affairs. Beijing said that it would now focus less on defensive capabilities, and step up efforts to build offensive capabilities. I don't think China wants to war but if U.S doesn't back off, China might even use 'out of the border' resources against U.S and that shit will end bad.
edric

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:15:05 PM

I have read about the Chinese investments in countries such as Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and Maldives, especially the ones involving ports and other infrastructural facilities. They seems to be purely for economic purposes. There is no chance that China will get permission to set up naval bases in return for this investment (not talking about Myanmar, there are Chinese bases already there).

Well you probably do not know this, Chinese sub-marines are more active now in Indian Ocean. And if they are more active, that means they need bases to dock themselves once in a while.

rayhan

Activity: 378

be your self

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:51:40 PM

Not even that, even China is holding on to a large piece of Kashmir which they captured during India-China war in 1962. The dispute between India and China is so old, that it is not possible that it will get under shelves just because of the change in government. I am sure during this new Indian government, the war is bound to happen. Either China or Pakistan or both of them will attack India for sure.

Well... the Sino-Indian conflict occurred more than 50 years ago, and the tensions seems to have cooled down. I hate to say this, but actually it was the incompetence of the Indian rulers at that time (esp. Jawaharlal Nehru), which cost India some 40,000 sq.kms of Aksai Chin. He foolishly trusted the Chinese, and refused to strengthen the border posts along the Johnson Line.

I don't see that trusting someone can be a foolishness. It's true, that China betrayed India's trust, but what if that had not happened. Then Nehru would have been a hero. Isn't it? Pakistan has betrayed India many times. Most recent was of Kargil war I suppose. Indian PM was hugging Pakistan's PM in Pakistan, and Pakistan's army were captuing posts after posts in Kargil region.

Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:19:49 PM

Looking at the multiple (terrorist) attacks today, we might should expect a world war against IS regions. Sure, currently already multiple countries are participating in bombing IS, but I think terrorist attacks like today make it only worse for them. Maybe more countries will join the armed forces. Too bad also innocent victims will also be part of the death count, but those people in Tunisia laying down on the beach were innocent too.  This world is fucked up.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 06:34:47 PM

If World War 3 is only a matter of time. Than how it would start? Who will be fighting who&\? How it will end? And how it's possible if we have enough nuclear weapons to destroy the civilization?

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:27:23 PM

YER WITH ME IF YOU DON,T SHUT UP Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:29:47 PM

We read it in the news every day.

The world is about due for another war Worldwide. Populations have exploded and Mankind are stepping on each others toes. China is Claiming rights to the Spratly Islands and just about everything near it. The U.S. is still doing battle in Afghanistan,Iraq,Syria. Russia is testing the Limits of All of Europe and it's neighbors Doing Flyovers with Bombers almost everywhere.  The stories are endless and so are the countries ever growing as they get involved.

Is this the fate of Mankind? Is this the way to control the problem of over population?

This is not just a chance of WW3 anymore this is only a Question of when.

Is it really a question of when or how long until they name what U.S has been doing as the start of it years ago
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:47:10 AM

I don't see that trusting someone can be a foolishness. It's true, that China betrayed India's trust, but what if that had not happened. Then Nehru would have been a hero. Isn't it? Pakistan has betrayed India many times. Most recent was of Kargil war I suppose. Indian PM was hugging Pakistan's PM in Pakistan, and Pakistan's army were captuing posts after posts in Kargil region.

China has been quite aggressive in all of its territorial disputes, and they have used force on more than a dozen occasions in the past 50 years or so. India is not the only victim of the Chinese aggression. Check these incidents:

1. Johnson South Reef Skirmish, 1988 (with Vietnam)
2. Battle of the Paracel Islands, 1974 (with Vietnam)
3. Scarborough Shoal standoff, 2012 (with Philippines)
4. Sino-Soviet border conflict, 1969 (with USSR)

The Chinese, without any provocation invaded the disputed territories in all four incidents. They were successful in #1, #2, and #3, but got their asses kicked by the Soviets during #4.   
JarvisTechnology

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:20:52 AM

It is matter of time but as per my search
china is developing rapidly and is set to overpass america economically too. Wink
They have good army, will this cause some agressive actions .
I am  sure if china keeps growing in its populace they will need more land to suport its population so war might be inevitable there  Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: