Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:35:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: World's Biggest Bitcoin Holders  (Read 4264 times)
blablaace (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:16:05 PM

Who are the world's biggest Bitcoin holders in 2015??

Top ten list??

Obviously Satoshi, Gavin Andreesen, Roger Ver, Dustin Trammel, probably Mark Karpeles too after he stole all those coins from Mt.Gox.

Can anyone add to the list?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6705

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 09:18:24 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 01:31:49 AM by knightdk

There is an entire website that lists which addresses own the most Bitcoin. You can find it here: https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

edit:
Why does the balance on blockchain.info is not the same?? All the richlist address are almost empty on blockchain?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=938903.0
thanks for this. Changed the site to accurate one.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 09:21:31 PM

There is an entire website that lists which addresses own the most Bitcoin. You can find it here: http://bitcoinrichlist.com/top100.
This is an interesting website that I wasn't aware about. Thank you for the share.

Older members should definitely remember this very useful list:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316297.0

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3261

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:32:27 PM

There is an entire website that lists which addresses own the most Bitcoin. You can find it here: http://bitcoinrichlist.com/top100.

Addresses are not the same as people.

There is very little correlation. Exchanges (and other companies) use single addresses to hold bitcoins for thousands of people, and most people have their bitcoins spread across multiple addresses.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6705

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 09:36:30 PM

Addresses are not the same as people.

There is very little correlation. Exchanges (and other companies) use single addresses to hold bitcoins for thousands of people, and most people have their bitcoins spread across multiple addresses.

That is true, but, due to pseudonymous nature of bitcoin, the best we can get to knowing who had the most and how much they have is to look at the addresses.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:50:52 PM

Figures mentioned in the past for other people include 25,000 held by Max Keiser, some British guy who was interviewed by Max Keiser said he had 100,000, Wences Casares put a lot of his own money into coins a long time before the price exploded, Chamath Palihapitiya said he had several million dollars' worth in October 2013.

Who knows how much of this is all blag though. There won't be much left for the rest of the world at that rate.
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:28:13 AM

Top ten list??

Obviously Satoshi, Gavin Andreesen, Roger Ver, Dustin Trammel, probably Mark Karpeles too after he stole all those coins from Mt.Gox.

The best of bitcoin is that you will never know that information unless owners say how much they have

you can see addresses but they may be split into several addresses
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:42:35 AM

bitcoinrichlist.com showed also high listed adresses that turned out to have no balance anymore. not sure why they don't update it regularly.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:47:36 AM

Top ten list??

Damn... How did u miss Mircea Popescu ?

bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:50:17 AM

I am sure that satoshi is one of the biggest holders,but not sure about the other ones,they are important users in the community,but I don't know how much they may have
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:52:31 AM

Why does the balance on blockchain.info is not the same?? All the richlist address are almost empty on blockchain?

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:56:34 AM

Damn... How did u miss Mircea Popescu ?

God, he's hot. I would so do him even if he was broke.
Cashew

Activity: 391

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 01:10:57 AM

The distribution gap between rich and poor is really big. I don't think it is good for the development. The whales just sit and wait for high price. Then they dump it for profits. It is not fair for the average bitcoiners.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 01:28:56 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=938903.0

dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:37:09 AM

wow Shocked so many bitcoin there,omg is that a personal walet or company ? but  unfortunaelly i dont even know who is the owner from the adress Cheesy  
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:58:38 AM

At one time, the FBI held the distinction for single largest holding of bitcoin after the SilkRoad raid.  But I think they've auctioned them off since then.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 04:12:06 AM

At one time, the FBI held the distinction for single largest holding of bitcoin after the SilkRoad raid.  But I think they've auctioned them off since then.

Wrong. At no point of time, the FBI was in the possession of more than BTC200,000. On the other hand, Satoshi's Bitcoin holdings are estimated to be worth some BTC980,000. So Satoshi has remained as the single largest holder of Bitcoin, ever since the mining started in 2009. Whether he has got the private keys to all of his coins is another question.
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 04:30:42 AM

There is an entire website that lists which addresses own the most Bitcoin. You can find it here: https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

It's just the Top Richest Addresses, I believe some people may split they coins to different addresses, so the real rich one is hard to found.
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 04:34:52 AM

Wrong. At no point of time, the FBI was in the possession of more than BTC200,000. On the other hand, Satoshi's Bitcoin holdings are estimated to be worth some BTC980,000. So Satoshi has remained as the single largest holder of Bitcoin, ever since the mining started in 2009. Whether he has got the private keys to all of his coins is another question.

woow its a huge bitcoin,oh man is that satoshi is covered on forbes as a milioner?
anderson00673

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:37:24 AM

So it seems to be true then that the distribution of bitcions is very concentrated to a few individuals.  This doesn't have to be a bad thing.  If you think about it the holders are not likely to dump large quantities.  Even an idiot would not kill the goose that lays the golden eggs like that.  There must be some "lost" coins as well, like that poor guy who accidentally threw away his hard drive.  So if you assume that the large owners will not willingly cause a crash, then what you have is an artificially created shortage of bitcoins.  This should make the price go up more quickly then it would otherwise, but it should also increase the volatility of price.  Smaller dumps would effect the price more than they might otherwise with a larger supply of available coins.

I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but when I was young the t.v. taught me that knowing is half the battle.  So I guess it is a good thing?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: