Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:11:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Shitcoins)  (Read 585 times)
marcetin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013

ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 02:23:42 PM

I have an idea.
Why don't moderators make section Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Shitcoins)
It is more than obvious when some "dev" make OP for some new coin is it shit or not.

What makes some coin shit?
Lack of info, poor design, no roadmap, newbie profile, dev not posting in topic etc...

So when some coin proved to be shit just move its topic there.

I know this idea looks quite unserious, but in see of shitcoin people can not see true values and the point of this technology and only thing is someone is trying to take money someone else by not doing a thing beside alter some coin's code, release it as new coin, ask for ICO or some other scammers technique, and than vanish with stupid people's money.

Also I know Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Shitcoins) will never happen but those are my thoughts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  PLAN 9   FROM CRYPTO SPACE    PARALLELCOIN 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
Bitrated user: marcetin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:37:07 PM

These will never happen.
How do you determine whether an altcoin is shitcoin or not?
It is difficult to determine and who should judge?

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:48:39 PM

The boards have been cluttered with a shitload of shit coins unfortunately... An idea like this seems interesting, but it will be impossible to manage. Everybody can make sucks to move their competitors coin into the shit section.. Maybe an option for yourself to switch off visibility of certain threads? Or make a private sticky list?
marcetin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 02:53:07 PM

These will never happen.

Yes I know.
No need for determination just some rules for announcing OP so if anyone is serious than he will make all requirements.
And yes those my thoughts looks as they are against freedom of speech but how to protect people from being scammed?
Although community can decide if some coin is shit coin, that is easy to see.
Again those are just my hypothetic thoughts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
marcetin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 02:58:42 PM

The boards have been cluttered with a shitload of shit coins unfortunately... An idea like this seems interesting, but it will be impossible to manage. Everybody can make sucks to move their competitors coin into the shit section.. Maybe an option for yourself to switch off visibility of certain threads? Or make a private sticky list?

I am sure there will not be any new options or similar changes in this forum, beside all donations and all funds from advertisement this forum still works on same Simple Machines forum code, which I don't say it is bad, just this forum could be full customised for our needs or rewritten from start.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:11:53 PM

I can understand what you are saying.  It has become pretty bad recently, the amount of sub standard clone coins with an ICO is quite high, it can be difficult to sift through all the crap to discover something worthwhile, and there are some good altcoins out there which do have a dev active and involved and have a future plan.  I won't name them all but I am a fan of XAI as an example.  I can't see anything changing really, we just have to kickback on these coins as a community.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 04:05:52 PM

These will never happen.
While your first statement might be true, it isn't really hard to judge. Anyone with a better understanding of cryptocurrencies and who's listening to reason could judge easily.

OP I understand what you're trying to point at. The announcements section needs to be either regulated a bit or cleaned. It easily gets overrun with copycat coins that are only used for pump and dump or scamcoins.
However I don't think that the staff is willing to put an effort because altcoins don't really matter here.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 08:30:28 PM

Adding a secondary section for altcoins that are categorized as "shitcoins" wouldn't really help much, I think it would just cause more clutter and waste of a forum section really, and a waste of time spent separating and moving topics from shitcoins to non-shitcoin. The altcoin section doesn't seem like there's much moderation going on anyway.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:58:24 PM

Perhaps one work around for the ICO's would be enforcing the escrow rule, that none of the ICO coins will have the BTC released until they release the promised roadmap features or release the funds only in parts based on how the roadmap features are implemented. Would atleast keep the scams at bay.
marcetin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 01:18:43 AM

Perhaps one work around for the ICO's would be enforcing the escrow rule, that none of the ICO coins will have the BTC released until they release the promised roadmap features or release the funds only in parts based on how the roadmap features are implemented. Would atleast keep the scams at bay.

That could be interesting practice, but I don't think people will accept it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: