Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 09:02:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How greedy you are ?
I lost shitload of money .. what do you think ? - 144 (44.9%)
I'am not , I play it smart - 177 (55.1%)
Total Voters: 321

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How greedy you are ?  (Read 50845 times)
Joca97
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1023

Signature spot available for rent!

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:54:30 PM

for all the people that press on vote,im not,i play smart
are liars LOL...everybody greeds thats why they lose Smiley
Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:57:49 PM

That's true for the most part -- most people inevitably lose. Something about the Pareto principle. Cheesy

Controlling your emotions is the only way to profit from trading and games of skill like poker. And it can be done.

iram91445

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:03:39 PM

even with only a few bets you can loose a lot or go broke, that does not mean you are greedy

Habeler876

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:18:23 PM

even with only a few bets you can loose a lot or go broke, that does not mean you are greedy

IMO, being greedy just means being ahead and not knowing when to quit. When the odds are stacked against you, and you are in profit, and you still push your luck -- that's greed.

iram91445

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:27:09 PM

IMO, being greedy just means being ahead and not knowing when to quit. When the odds are stacked against you, and you are in profit, and you still push your luck -- that's greed.
well yeah but you might be in profit really low amount and then bust when you play more, playing until you get profit you want doesnt mean youre greedy

Joca97
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1023

Signature spot available for rent!

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:39:29 PM

well yeah but you might be in profit really low amount and then bust when you play more, playing until you get profit you want doesnt mean youre greedy
but in the end greed kills,everybody after some time come back and lose money,thats just the circle

this is my circle for example on bitdice

first time -0.30 btc then +0.25 btc and now -0.05 just because of damn greed
iram91445

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:45:05 PM

but in the end greed kills,everybody after some time come back and lose money,thats just the circle

this is my circle for example on bitdice

first time -0.30 btc then +0.25 btc and now -0.05 just because of damn greed
well i played once on primedice and won like 0.03 and i never gambled there more, so i guess not all people are greedy to loose

Habeler876

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 11:06:49 PM

But the likely reason you are in profit a low amount is because you risked a small amount to begin with. The point is that you have to be realistic about risk/reward. Thinking you can put in .01 btc and run it up to 5 btc, for example, is probably greed. Cheesy

xarca

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 11:23:55 PM

Gambling influences people to be greedy. It has this thing called 'temptation' where people would want more and more and more. It is really hard to resist. I, sometimes gamble myself and find no luck and I am thankful for that because I can just instead save or put more money on my trading which I think is a good thing. You see, trading is risky but not as risky as gambling. Gambling on the other hand, could blow your mind on the money you could make by flashing the jackpot and you would just be eager to get that jackpot. I was once a greedy motherf*ker but no not anymore.
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 12:30:46 AM

But the likely reason you are in profit a low amount is because you risked a small amount to begin with. The point is that you have to be realistic about risk/reward. Thinking you can put in .01 btc and run it up to 5 btc, for example, is probably greed. Cheesy

Risk/reward?! What are you doing in the gambling forum? LOL Tongue

Good points here, though. But when I'm trying to get my gamble on, r/r just doesn't apply. Grin
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:02:05 AM

No there is nothing wrong with gambling per-se but what most people do incorrectly is instead of gambling for fun and luck they gamble to make their mortgage payments. They get greedy and fearful and lose everything.

romano1

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

have fun

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:19:12 AM

I just try to stay away from gambling in general

Its not like that, if you play with good strategy and stop after a profit you can really make out profit Smiley See the site in my signature, its really good site and I made out some good profit playing there Smiley

Gambling in my opinion is based on pure luck , I mean let's say you only have 0.1 BTC . and you Gamble them all and you lose or even with gambling little parts , there is a big chance that you will lose them all eventually even without greed Grin but yeah greed takes control once you start making profit . I personally never arrived to that part "making profit part" that's why im still good Shocked

Its all about luck but suppose we depend too much on luck and play at 0.01 % winning chance our all money, isn't this foolish ?
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:43:43 AM

Its not like that, if you play with good strategy and stop after a profit you can really make out profit Smiley See the site in my signature, its really good site and I made out some good profit playing there Smiley

Gambling in my opinion is based on pure luck , I mean let's say you only have 0.1 BTC . and you Gamble them all and you lose or even with gambling little parts , there is a big chance that you will lose them all eventually even without greed Grin but yeah greed takes control once you start making profit . I personally never arrived to that part "making profit part" that's why im still good Shocked

Its all about luck but suppose we depend too much on luck and play at 0.01 % winning chance our all money, isn't this foolish ?

Depends how often you hit that 9900x Wink

romano1

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

have fun

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:51:54 AM

Depends how often you hit that 9900x Wink

Yeah but I instead love to play at 90% win chance and playing at DaDice . Playing at 0.01% chance makes me feel I am donating money to the owner Cheesy
Watoshi-Dimobuto

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 06:10:13 AM

Wanted to know how greedy people actually are , I'am personally not into gambling with the real meaning to be honest
however I see a lot of my friends says "im stupid" and stuff like that , because they start earning a lot on the begining then they get greedy and lose basically all , does it happen to you ?

It happened to me. I had a small loss, chased it and lost big enough. And over than I lost all my balance which was enough on my accidental max bet at PD. I quit gambling.  Cry
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:46:01 AM

most gamblers are degens and wont stop lol
LottoBooking

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:04:10 AM

I'm not , I play it smart  Wink
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 08:14:47 AM

most gamblers are degens and wont stop lol

Those dgens are driven by their greed, some people are very greedy tbh and never had enough of it thus when they lose they are curious on why they are losing it which makes them to wager more and try to win back what they have lost therefore resulting them to lose more than the previous

A friend of mine made a solid run from 0.00213 BTC into 0.541 BTC in bitdice but he is so greedy that he let his greed overrun him and thus lost them all the next roll

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:48:53 AM

Greedy is the nature of human.
It's hard to overcome it. I lost much more than one times because of greedy.
teddybear

Activity: 306

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:13:52 AM

I play it smart..but once in a while.. I try to bet big n those r the one's I lose..! I have lost shit loads like that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: