Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:40:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Copay: Open Source HD-Multisig Bitcoin Wallet – 1.0 Released  (Read 8487 times)
bobc1994

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 05:06:32 PM

my only question about this.

Lets say I start a major investment group. I fund thousands of btc into the wallet and allow others who are investing too also join in by creating a user.

We would all agree when to send out funds for project ideas.

What if one day one of the users decides to blackmail the group into sending the funds to him or else he will never approve payments which would put the money at a freeze.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 03:00:27 PM

Well Bob if something like that happened it would hardly be the WALLET software's fault, LOL.

Your problem there isn't trusting the software or using the 'trustless' basis of a currency system like bitcoin but rather having trusted a HUMAN to behave correctly in your business structure.

Ain't no technology or software that's gonna be able to fix THAT.

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 02:53:11 PM

my only question about this.

Lets say I start a major investment group. I fund thousands of btc into the wallet and allow others who are investing too also join in by creating a user.

We would all agree when to send out funds for project ideas.

What if one day one of the users decides to blackmail the group into sending the funds to him or else he will never approve payments which would put the money at a freeze.

That could happen and which is why you should be very careful on what people you choose for the multisig wallet but even if one person tries to do this, he won't be able to freeze the funds if the wallet is 2-of-3 multisig, means you only need 2 out of the 3 keys to send the transaction, so for ex. You, Jack and Jill are the co-signers of the multisig and Jill decides to act selfish then You and Jack can take the funds out of that wallet.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 01:13:16 PM

I've been testing Copay and was pleasantly surprised how well it works. Since the latest version it 's one of the best wallets out there, and the support for all major platforms is a big plus. Kudos to team Copay!

One question though: I happen to run a firewall on my laptop, and whenever I open the Copay wallet, it wants to connect to bitpay.com and bws.bitpay.com. Why's that?

I assume (and hope) my wallet is stored locally, and only under my laptop's control. But when I refuse the connection, it won't open the wallet. Maybe it's just something trivial, but it would REALLY help in terms of independence and trustworthiness, if a local wallet would not rely on some extrernal 3rd party.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:42:07 AM

Copay works very well, looks slick too. It's a pretty new wallet AFAIK, only heard alot about it recently.

The only problem I have is one or two crashes randomly on the mobile app, but it's not too much of a worry to me.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 06:34:29 AM

Copay works very well, looks slick too. It's a pretty new wallet AFAIK, only heard alot about it recently.

The only problem I have is one or two crashes randomly on the mobile app, but it's not too much of a worry to me.

never had any crashes with it. love the multisig and co-signer feature.

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 01:05:16 PM

I've been testing Copay and was pleasantly surprised how well it works. Since the latest version it 's one of the best wallets out there, and the support for all major platforms is a big plus. Kudos to team Copay!

One question though: I happen to run a firewall on my laptop, and whenever I open the Copay wallet, it wants to connect to bitpay.com and bws.bitpay.com. Why's that?

I assume (and hope) my wallet is stored locally, and only under my laptop's control. But when I refuse the connection, it won't open the wallet. Maybe it's just something trivial, but it would REALLY help in terms of independence and trustworthiness, if a local wallet would not rely on some extrernal 3rd party.

That's the server it connects to, to sync with blockchain and broadcast the transactions, since it is a lite wallet and doesn't downloads the whole blockchain.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
disruptornation

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 06:49:54 PM

never had any crashes with it. love the multisig and co-signer feature.

I've never had it crash either. The user experience is great, which is why we decided to build an automated cosigner for the Copay wallet. With sig3.io the user sets up their own policies, such as a per transaction limit, and Sig3 automatically cosigns transactions below the limit in a 2 -3 wallet. Makes using the multisig feature easy and secure. Try it out.
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 12:21:37 PM

I tried using Copay a long time ago, when it was still beta.  I loved the material design on my android and it worked great.  I was a little hesitant at that time to use it for too much bitcoin, just because it was new (I didn't experience any particular problems).  I think I'll give it another go now that it has taken the test of time.  It is a beautiful and intuitive wallet.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: