Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:02:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What watches do people want?  (Read 7807 times)
graysrolex (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:32:18 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2015, 02:56:46 PM by graysrolex

Hey guys! What watches do people like the most here? My company, Gray and Sons, just started accepting BTCBTCBTC!!! Please let me know. I can post pictures for everyone! We are a real company, with a real showroom in Miami Beach Florida, with 20 real employees, and have been in business for 35 years. grayandsons.com check us out!! We'd love to do business in the Bitcoin community.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 02:38:55 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2015, 08:59:42 AM by TookDk

I prefer more lowend watches.
Yes a Rolex is nice, but I would not dare use it anyway, I would risk my life by doing so.
Personally would I prefer something like good quality Seiko, good quality, they are very durable, highly functional and reasonable priced.
Something you can use and wear everyday and feel happy about each time you look at the time.

I do not underestimate the investment value of a high end watch, but for the same reason would it be lying in the safe all the time, that is not how a chronograph should be used (imo).
When it comes down to that, then would I prefer having gold bars instead.  

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
graysrolex (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:57:28 PM

OP, i think your link is incorrect, unless you meant the band, the grandsons. Wink
Oh my. Thank you. My computer keeps changing Gray and Sons to grandsons.
graysrolex (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:59:52 PM

Yes a Rolex is nice, but I would not dare use it anyway, I would risk my life by doing so.
Personally would I prefer something like good quality Seiko, good , they are very durable, highly functional and reasonable priced.
Something you can use and wear everyday and feel happy about each time you look at the time.

I do not underestimate the investment value of a high end watch, but for the same reason would it be lying in the safe all the time, that is not how a chronograph should be used (imo).
When it comes down to that, then would I prefer having gold bars in the sae.  

Thats interesting tookdk. I myself, am a watch enthusiast. There truly is something special about an automatic watch. I wouldn't feel safe walking around with a full gold watch, but stainless steel is beautiful. And even some not so opulent rolexes are beautiful as well. I have my eye on a titanium breitling we have in stock.
Gismo28

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:11:54 PM

Glashütte is a nice brand.
Rolex is too silly for me!
graysrolex (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 05:29:54 PM

Glashütte is a nice brand.
Rolex is too silly for me!

Gismo28, you don't like any other less flashy but also famous watch brands?
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 05:38:49 PM

i prefer the free variety  Cool
on a serious note, if youre looking to sell a lot, lower-tier luxury watches would be better; not many people on this forum look to make a purchase as big as a rolex.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 05:44:57 PM

Personally would I prefer something like good quality Seiko, good , they are very durable, highly functional and reasonable priced.

Hum, you should live in a very "rough" part of you country to be afraid of wearing a Rolex in the street Tongue

There are people who wear much nicer and expensive watches and do not seem to have any problem. BTW if you want a nice automatic, without the high cost of a Rolex, superb build quality and look. Get a Hamilton Smiley
graysrolex (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:09:53 PM

Hum, you should live in a very "rough" part of you country to be afraid of wearing a Rolex in the street Tongue

There are people who wear much nicer and expensive watches and do not seem to have any problem. BTW if you want a nice automatic, without the high cost of a Rolex, superb build quality and look. Get a Hamilton Smiley

Check this one out! https://instagram.com/p/26MCseqFv6/?taken-by=grayandsons
Jakez
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:24:26 PM

I like citizen chronograph watches, not looking at costly rolex watches Smiley
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 08:48:32 PM

Thats interesting tookdk. I myself, am a watch enthusiast. There truly is something special about an automatic watch. I wouldn't feel safe walking around with a full gold watch, but stainless steel is beautiful. And even some not so opulent rolexes are beautiful as well. I have my eye on a titanium breitling we have in stock.

I really like style and look of breitling. I also appreciate the engineering behind a high quality mechanical chronograph. Still waaaay to expensive to wear. Would be the same as taking a couple of gold coins and wear in a chain around the neck.

Seriously my friend, I would not dare wearing a real rolex any public place in Scandinavia. I would seriously jeopardize your life.
Pros: You know the time and can show of a little.
Cons: you risk getting robed, killed or best case loose the watch and suffer a big financial loss.

Easy choice.

I like citizen chronograph watches, not looking at costly rolex watches Smiley

Good example here. I think people have a wrong impression about the bitcoiners of today.
I honestly think that the ones who make big cash on bitcoin is not active in this forum.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
dabou

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 10:03:20 PM

i like your site and the watches but they are a bit expansive for me i can buy a watch for 200$ or 300$ but to buy a one for 19000 i have to sell my car  and more thing to buy it    Grin

sorry for my bad english

i love the hublot big bang
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:25:07 AM

I felt the same way, the first time I wore a nicer watch.  I was in a airport and got myself so worked up that I was going to get mugged, so I kept putting my hand over the watch to cover it up.  lol

To the OP...if I had the spare money and the urge to buy my next watch, it would be an open dial such as the Bovet Recital 12.  I really like this brand, especially the Amadeo series.
http://thewatchlounge.com/introducing-bovet-1822-recital-12-monsieur-dimier/

Its similar to the Breguet Tradition WG 7027 Manual
http://www.minutemachines.com/watches/Breguet/Breguet7027/Breguet7027_04.jpg

or Millenary RG 4101
http://timetapestry.blogspot.com/2012/11/review-of-millenary-4101-fine-finishing.html

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 04:09:21 AM

I think if you guys offered lower end items they would sell. I like nice watches, but would never drop that sorta cash on one personally. I wear a Citizen Eco Drive watch (cost under $400) and to me that is a nice enough watch. Not sure if you guys bother to stock watches under $500 or not though. Bitcointalk is not really a good place for this type of stuff unfortunately.
ifyousmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 04:09:52 AM

personal favorite would be panerai radiomir, breitling superocean heritage and ulysee nardin Smiley
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 02:16:02 PM

I wish you guys a lot of success selling with Bitcoin, but I don't see much market for you around here Smiley

If you want to sell such watches here you might as well order a Apple Watch Edition, maybe someone around here could be interested Grin
elusive1

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 02:49:20 PM

Is it sales tax free if you ship out of state?
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:31:14 PM

Rolex is the luxury watch and every people surely will love it. But I think, most people in the forum can't afford the rolex watch since the price is also quite high. Most people in here , IMO, only interest with low price stuff and other bitcoin related stuff ( like coins, mining hardware, etc )

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:55:48 PM

I like:

• Apple watch
  • Swiss Army
  • Nixon
  • Timex

Let me know if you get any of these coming in!

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:39:51 PM

Almost everyone want a high end expensive watch such as a Rolex, Patek, Omega, Breitling etc but their prices are just simply unaffordable.
I think that on the forum you're more likely to make smaller sales and that people would prefer lower value watches. I for one like simple and slim watches. I personally prefer elegance but I'm adamant on the watch being slim. You can get decent and nice looking watches for about £250-£500.
Selling a high value watch on here would be difficult for many reasons. When buying a watch like that, people would usually do it in person when they can see the watch on their wrist.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: