Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:05:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to send a fake bitcoin transaction ?  (Read 6965 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 03:51:23 AM

A fake transaction... If it can confirmed one day then the price of bitcoin that time should be $0. Bitcoin is valuable because it cannot be faked like fiat currency (fake banknotes).
So that's why almost all clients don't allow us to send a double spend transaction.

Double-spend transactions can be confirmed.

Fake transactions such as sending a non-existing unspent transaction output(UTXO) and sending unspent transaction outputs(UTXOs) you don't own will be rejected. Sending a big sized transaction, for example, 500KB and getting confirmation is very unlikely unless the miner who finds the next block includes that transaction. The fees you will have to spend will be very high and you will need a lot of inputs to reach that size.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
(Lithium)

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:30:56 AM

Double-spend for some minutes with 0-confirmation transactions is easy and anyone can do it. I guess you can figure out how by yourself how to do it if you are as smart as your are trying to make us believe.

But all the addresses involved will have a double spend warning in blockchain.info for some time
BilalHIMITE (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:35:37 PM

my isea is to create a software that verify automaticly transactions without waiting for miners or nodes to do (not confirm the transaction), so i need to send a wrong transaction (every valid transaction should respect 20 rules ...) so my software should say "no it's not valid " ....
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:46:10 PM

my idea is to create a software that verify automatically transactions without waiting for miners or nodes to do (not confirm the transaction), so i need to send a wrong transaction (every valid transaction should respect 20 rules ...) so my software should say "no it's not valid " ....

That's not how bitcoin works.  The system doesn't trust what you say.  EVERY node on the network, and nearly every wallet verifies EVERY transaction before accepting or propagating it.  So even if your software says that the transaction is "verified", the system won't believe you. Every node that you send the transaction to will immediately see that it is fake and will reject the transaction.  If they receive too many fake transactions from you, they will drop their connection to you and refuse to let you reconnect.
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:46:22 PM

So, you trying to scam someone....
BilalHIMITE (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:57:23 PM

it's the 3rd time i say this its for research :
my idea is to create a software that verify automaticly transactions without waiting for miners or nodes to do (not confirm the transaction), so i need to send a wrong transaction (every valid transaction should respect 20 rules ...) so my software should say "no it's not valid " ....
BilalHIMITE (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:03:23 PM

my idea is to create a software that verify automatically transactions without waiting for miners or nodes to do (not confirm the transaction), so i need to send a wrong transaction (every valid transaction should respect 20 rules ...) so my software should say "no it's not valid " ....

That's not how bitcoin works.  The system doesn't trust what you say.  EVERY node on the network, and nearly every wallet verifies EVERY transaction before accepting or propagating it.  So even if your software says that the transaction is "verified", the system won't believe you. Every node that you send the transaction to will immediately see that it is fake and will reject the transaction.  If they receive too many fake transactions from you, they will drop their connection to you and refuse to let you reconnect.
you need to wait about 10min to 1hour for every transaction to be confirmed,so :
my application don't confirm the transaction. just check if it respect the rules of a trasaction. so you don't need to wait 10min to be confirmed.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:20:59 PM

you need to wait about 10min to 1hour for every transaction to be confirmed,so :
my application don't confirm the transaction. just check if it respect the rules of a trasaction. so you don't need to wait 10min to be confirmed.

If you just want to 'validate' the transaction and not 'confirm' it on block chain, do you reallyt need to broadcast it to Bitcoin block chain?
Can't you run a copy of block chain on your local system and try to create a test transaction? I am not an expert on this, I'm just making a wild guess.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 02:33:33 PM

If you just want to 'validate' the transaction and not 'confirm' it on block chain, do you reallyt need to broadcast it to Bitcoin block chain?
Can't you run a copy of block chain on your local system and try to create a test transaction? I am not an expert on this, I'm just making a wild guess.

He want to confirm the transactions just like miners do but in a different way, I assume. Even though he said he don't want to confirm transactions, it looks like he want confirm transactions.

BilalHIMITE (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:38:05 PM

i think i find  a way to do it in testnet network (just like bitcoin but for research ans testing)
He want to confirm the transactions just like miners do but in a different way, I assume. Even though he said he don't want to confirm transactions, it looks like he want confirm transactions.
not confirming the transaction cause i should be a miner to do, just checking if it's a valid transaction.you insert the transaction hash(tx hash) and the appli. should say yes it's valid or no it's not valid.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 04:05:30 PM

i think i find  a way to do it in testnet network (just like bitcoin but for research ans testing)
not confirming the transaction cause i should be a miner to do, just checking if it's a valid transaction.you insert the transaction hash(tx hash) and the appli. should say yes it's valid or no it's not valid.

Uh, my friend! You could say this earlier. Why even come with a title and discussion about "fake transaction"? Huh See https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Protocol_rules#.22tx.22_messages

gloug333

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:47:49 PM

Is ther anyway to send a fake bitcoin or altcoin transaction?

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
LOL is that just curiosity? You can't send a fake one just like that since every single node connected is responsible for verifying each transaction as far as I know.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 05:11:33 PM

LOL is that just curiosity? You can't send a fake one just like that since every single node connected is responsible for verifying each transaction as far as I know.

I think it was a mistake. He asked a different question than what he wanted.

stallion

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:45:29 PM

Maybe karma screws you harder than Eminem screwed Kim. Beware, son.

GSYTeam

Activity: 350

GENESYS | The Evolution of Gaming In-Crypto

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 03:00:45 PM

So you trying to Learn "How to send a fake bitcoin transaction?" wow~!

[GSY] Play 3D Games In Wallet - While Staking | Join Us Now!
PLEASE DONATE TO THE PROGRESS & SUPPORT OF GENESYS CRYPTO PROJECTS
[GSY]: GSkZ9VjA4aZwdqaVemw7uKC68tE5ENn1wN  BTC: 1931v9zo5vpTQMHzJefW8LXJ3FqCxfvpvT
doggieTattoo

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:14:56 AM

While you say it is for research, it still looks like you are researching some kind of scam.  I suggest that you might want to post in a different sub forum with specific details of your project so that it won't look like a scam.  Because right now it does.

Please also advise others to stop providing help on issues like these, the last thing the community needs is helping scams.

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:17:11 AM

So, you trying to scam someone....

I would assume that is the case, but its not really possible to fake one in the first place; the closest thing would be a double spend.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
BITCOINERSEJATI

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:54:04 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 02:48:57 AM by BITCOINERSEJATI

you can't do that, very different Bitcoin and altcoin, you must learn more about bitcoin before you continue ask, google can help you

ragi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:43:52 AM

you can't do that
And this is a good thing!

no.
98problems

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:21:25 PM

you can't do that
And this is a good thing!
cant you doublespend? i heard about those when i joined bitcoin in early days though i dont know if its still possible, i know people used to do it

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: