Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:13:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: chinese exchanges reject 20mb block size increase  (Read 4838 times)
hobbymd

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:07:09 PM

So go ahead and demonstrate what you have done that actually *matters* in the last ten years. Smiley

(yes - I have a post to show what I have done but I am going to wait for you to show me first as I somehow doubt you have done anything of any significance at all apart from trolling on forums)

Grin  you see unlike some people I don't have time to keep posting to raise my status to legendary because in real life I actually don't have much free time to keep arguing about nonsense plus I've got much better stuff to do with my free time than trolling . Go thru my post history and please show me  one instance that I was trolling a thread?!?   

It seems you've come short and are relying on " I'm a troll argument" well good for you hopes that makes you happy.

I am lazy to look through your post history atm but by looking posts in *this* thread, it seems like you have some problem in reading or interpreting posts and thus it *looks like* you are trolling.

tbh I'm quite done with this thread as is going nowhere but down in mud throwing between each poster, and quite frankly I'm gonna enjoy my Sunday before the beginning of work week because if bitcoin dies tomorrow it won't affect me at all but some mega-farms are stand to loose boat load of money so they would do everything they can to skew the general opinion toward their position.

But one thing is sure if the block size increases to 8mb as the Chinese want it to be then that's no way is a consensus because theoretically they say my way or the highway

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 04:11:24 PM

But one thing is sure if the block size increases to 8mb as the Chinese want it to be then that's no way is a consensus because theoretically they say my way or the highway

Yet it was Gavin who said 8MB (you can check the article that the OP linked to - no mention of 8MB there at all).

So either Gavin is the *devil* who proposed 20MB or he is the *devilI* that accepts 8MB - somehow you seem to have everything twisted up that it has anything at all to do with what *I say* or most others.

My guess is now that you must now think that somehow Gavin is *involved with the Chinese* about all this.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 04:45:05 PM

If anyone on this forum took any of your posts seriously before then you have *fucked that up totally now*.

So well done on being the "morons of the month" - we should probably have a trophy for you (and your alt). Cheesy

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 04:51:12 PM

I will take any trophy,,,,

Atleast i'm not a desperate loser who lives in China to "be taken seriously".

Yup - you are so desperate that you'll take any trophy whatsoever and are too afraid to even try and live in China (as you know that you are so weak that you wouldn't even survive one week here).

Cheesy

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:57:51 PM

Unfortunately this forum has no longer become a platform for any sort of meaningful communication - so even those actually trying to do so are just lost beneath all the FUD and ad sigs useless posts. Sad

This is so true haha  Wink

I'm glad we have the ignore button.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:58:51 PM

I will take any trophy,,,,

Atleast i'm not a desperate loser who lives in China to "be taken seriously".

Yup - you are so desperate that you'll take any trophy whatsoever and are too afraid to even try and live in China (as you know that you are so weak that you wouldn't even survive one week here).

Cheesy

I think you must have missed my post so here it is again.

You should just put seriouscoin on ignore because he is a serious idiot that thrives on confrontation. He doesn't really care what the issue is he just wants to argue. He does it in every thread.  He starts off every conversation by name calling to start the argument then keeps it up until you give up. It's not worth the effort.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 04:59:10 PM

Well as much as it has been fun to have you try and troll me (you failed but don't worry - none have succeeded) I have other things to do so I am going to *unwatch* this topic now.

Of course that is going to "piss you off" as being the troll that you are you want to keep me engaged with your stupid stuff - but I am not your therapist or your helper so I guess you'll just have to find me on another topic if you want to keep trolling me.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 05:02:40 PM

That works for me. It would be kind of cool if they refused to upgrade, the difficulty drops massively and westerners are able to mine again for a reasonable profit. lol

that would be truly awesome, also that would cause less selling pressure since small miners don't sell everything they mine unlike mega-farms. again another win win strategy  Cheesy   it seems the rest of the community is better off without the Chinese and their bickering   Cool

Please think it over again: If Chinese decided to work further on the original blockchain, let's call it bitcoin legacy, then what will they do with their coins on the new blockchain bitcoin XT? They will dump them all, that will be millions of coins dumped on western exchanges, sending bitcoin's value to single digits, maybe cents, thus the whole XT coin ecosystem will collapse. Similarly XT people will dump all their coins on the bitcoin legacy chain, causing their coins to become worthless, both coins dead

It's not just people and exchanges in Asia that will try to profit from the chaos.

https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/bitcoin-leaders-speak-up-block-size

Includes the first media coverage I've seen of MPEX's economic doomsday weapon, the GavinCoin Short:

Popescu explained why any hard fork that increases the block size limit is destined for failure:

“The fate of this fork will be exactly the fate of all attempted forks to date : the savvy Bitcoin holders will sell their fake-Bitcoins on the fake network, while double-spending (and thus invalidating) their sale on the actual network, thereby keeping their actual Bitcoin safe (iv). The proceeds of this "victimless" (v) crime will be used to purchase more legitimate Bitcoins on the legitimate network, thus draining away value from the holders of Bitcoin fakes, into the pockets of the legitimate Bitcoin holders.”

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:01:47 PM

Is this why the price is dropping ? Neato. Just picked up some more cheap coins !

/hodl
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:18:24 PM

Is this why the price is dropping ? Neato. Just picked up some more cheap coins !
/hodl
bye bye bye.
Having a bad day are we ?
johnyj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 11:32:05 PM

Politics should never get into bitcoin, just like it never got into gold. But unfortunately, human has so far no better way than politics to deal with uncertain things

People can reach 100% consensus on 1+1=2, but they can't reach a consensus on block size, because that is an unknown scenario, there is no sure answer for that question, unless it has been proved hundreds of times

The decision making principle when facing uncertainty is conservative instead of aggressive, reduce the risk exposure instead of increase the risk exposure

Derek492

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 12:09:36 AM

2 Bitcoins.

Chinese Bitcoin vs Gavin Bitcoin

Cheesy

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:43:07 AM

Why would we care about chinese exchanges ?
Most of their trading volumes are fake Roll Eyes

Let's see who will win Cheesy
johnyj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 01:44:50 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 02:16:59 AM by johnyj

2 Bitcoins.

Chinese Bitcoin vs Gavin Bitcoin

Cheesy

Actually it would be just like everything on the internet
Google vs Baidu
Facebook vs ****
Youtube vs **** (bunch of copy and paste)
Well you know how those went
I guess its safe to say Internet vs China-net

The block solving does not need a lot of bandwidth. Chinese is powerful because their hashing power. Suppose that someone in China controlling a quantum miner, he can solve a block in 5 seconds, no matter where he is located, as long as he managed to get block-solving hash work from a pool that is located on internet backbone, and deliver the solved result back to the pool, that pool will broadcast the finished block to the whole network

Of course if they could control the pool inside main land China, that will give them some convenience, but it is not a must

And I think bitcoin's growth in China provide a good diversification. In western, the bank rules, if banks refuse to open business accounts for bitcoin companies (which is the case today), then bitcoin will not go anywhere(even the merchant accept them will have to convert them to fiat money). However in China it is more complicated, because Chinese banks are controlled by the government officers, and government officers may have different interest. When a government officer decided to go with bitcoin, the banks that he controls will ignore the warning from the central bank (Which had happened in China already, otherwise all those Chinese exchanges would be shutdown already)

p2pbucks

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 02:46:42 PM

Grin we need pump the fking price over 2k usd and make hashrate to 1000P after that hardfork would be no big deal
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:47:04 PM

I say fuck them. Their volume is faked and we cant expect them NOT being rigged by Communist Party.

As soon as Coinbase, Bitpay, Bitstamp support 20mb fork, we will have majority.

The number of bitcoins mined in China is not faked.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 03:52:30 PM

I say fuck them. Their volume is faked and we cant expect them NOT being rigged by Communist Party.

seriouscoin is saying about Chinese exchanges. https://www.google.com/search?q=chinese+bitcoin+exchange+fake+volume

Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:56:22 PM

seriouscoin is saying about Chinese exchanges. https://www.google.com/search?q=chinese+bitcoin+exchange+fake+volume

I agree with the assertion of faked volume in Chinese exchanges. However, larger (20 MB) block size will put pressure on Chinese miners.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: