Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:50:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin surpass Gold ? Could it be used as (Store of Value) instead of Gold?  (Read 2990 times)
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:50:04 PM

I have a fair bit of gold stacked, actually I converted all my BTC in to the yellow shiny stuff.

All of it huh? You don't even want to hedge a bit with BTC? Seems pretty risky.

When I swapped out my BTC for gold it wasn't that far off a 1:1 ratio, now its over 5 BTC to an oz of gold, more than happy with my decision.

You get to stare and digits on a screen, I get to play pirate with my treasure chest -

Cool looking treasure chest, but it shows how ancient the concept of Gold is. Storing things in huge, unmovable chests vs instantaneous transactions all over the world and weightless storing Wink
Not hating on gold, always good to have some, just hope people aren't crazy enough to dump all of their BTC due the manipulated low price.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:51:51 PM

Cool looking treasure chest, but it shows how ancient the concept of Gold is. Storing things in huge, unmovable chests vs instantaneous transactions all over the world and weightless storing Wink
Not hating on gold, always good to have some, just hope people aren't crazy enough to dump all of their BTC due the manipulated low price.

Gold will last through the ages in some capacity. I myself couldn't give a shit about my distant descendants digging up my gold and buying themselves a spacepod. I'm more tuned in to the next 20-40 years.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:16:57 PM

If there was only 1 bitcoin in existence but it is infinitely divisible it is not scarce.

You are wrong. If you were on a desert island, and the only food there was a piece of bread. If the piece of bread was infinitely divisible, you don't think it is scarce?

Bit of a pointless comparison because the value (calories) of the bread is fixed.  The value of a division of a bitcoin is not and can be valued at any price people agree on.

It is a pointless comparison because the bread is something of value for direct use, while money is not directly useful. Therefore the amount of money is unimportant; there is always just enough.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: