Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:32:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is mining dead ?  (Read 12910 times)
Lituation

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

Free Speech is the most important thing.

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:02:10 PM

Like what? What beat Mining's 200% per Annum?  Are you saying you can ROI faster with trading, safely, with minimal time investment, whatever you put in Trading every 4 months?

%200 per annum? You can't ROI faster than 220-240 days with any of the mining equipments in market. Even if your electricity is free it's not less than 200 days. Now imagine what happens 200 days later? When you need to start to profit from mining, you can't, because new hardwares have been already come and difficulty will be a lot more than today's.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:07:32 PM

Like what? What beat Mining's 200% per Annum?  Are you saying you can ROI faster with trading, safely, with minimal time investment, whatever you put in Trading every 4 months?

%200 per annum? You can't ROI faster than 220-240 days with any of the mining equipments in market. Even if your electricity is free it's not less than 200 days. Now imagine what happens 200 days later? When you need to start to profit from mining, you can't, because new hardwares have been already come and difficulty will be a lot more than today's.

Says who? What are you buying? Overpriced units from Ebay? I ROI all the stuff i buy in 60-120 days. If it take longer, getting good profit is probably out of the question. As such, i get 150-250% per annum. Because the miner doesn't go out in smoke, it is still worth something after your 100% profit. At that point you can sell the miner which is purely more profit.

Personally i can't support any more of such deals but what do happen if you get an Antminer S1 for 10$ each? Suddenly 2 months ROI happen. 15$? 3 Months~. 20$? 4 Months~

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:05:26 PM

its not dead.  People are still soloing.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1132914.0;topicseen

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 07:16:25 AM

its not dead.  People are still soloing.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1132914.0;topicseen

he probably has cheap electricity, but aside from this i find it pointless, better to play the lottery trust me, you have a better chance to win and buy bitcoin with those money

maybe mining is not dead but the profit is very limited to a group of privileged elitist
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:08:02 AM

It's eliteist to live in an area with cheap electric?
It's elitest to have gotten machines very cheaply, or to have gotten them back when Bitmain and Spondoolies were having their price war?

What an INTERESTING misdefinition....

I do grant that most of the folks making good profits are larger farms, but large groups making more money than small is nothing new to any profitable activity, especially as a given "market" matures....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
ilikemandarin

Activity: 150

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 08:54:39 AM

Now is dead, but could be the right time to invest in mining hardwar.
Bitcoin will come back to 500 usd. Don't know when,but sure will do.
Jake-R

Activity: 142

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:31:35 PM

If mining was dead then nobody would be mining. At Eligius there is 14,730 Th/s of mining going on at the moment. Somebody is still mining.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:37:59 PM

If mining was dead then nobody would be mining. At Eligius there is 14,730 Th/s of mining going on at the moment. Somebody is still mining.

Mining will never be deal.  This is true, as many people such as me are addicted.  Even if a tad loss I will always have a machine (If I was losing it would be just 1 machine not multiple like i have now trying to ROI).  It is a hobby I enjoy I get so much fun out of it.  I could say I'm trying to save the network and keep decentralized but fact is I just love to mine.

But even in these times peopl still can ROI. Some will take selling the miner to do it in the end.  But i think a lot would be surprised how many do ROI.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:18:07 AM

Hi, when I got into bitcoins, people around me already told me mining is dead. BTC mining will not make you any money because the electricity fee used will be greater than the outcome. Is this true? And how can btc mining be easier again?

It is not true, there are still a lot of people mining for bitcoins, and there are still someone making mining machines for better
productivity, If you are a newbie in mining you need to research a bit, and try reading bitcoins for beginners guide.
or if you know someone who has experience in mining then ask him if where to start, what machine that is best to fit for
you and I think you can achieve your desired ROI. Grin 
RichBC

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:38:19 AM

Hi, when I got into bitcoins, people around me already told me mining is dead. BTC mining will not make you any money because the electricity fee used will be greater than the outcome. Is this true? And how can btc mining be easier again?

It is not true, there are still a lot of people mining for bitcoins, and there are still someone making mining machines for better
productivity, If you are a newbie in mining you need to research a bit, and try reading bitcoins for beginners guide.
or if you know someone who has experience in mining then ask him if where to start, what machine that is best to fit for

Although mining is far from dead, just look at the steady increase in the network Hash Rate, it is getting progressively more difficult for the Home Miner with an Electricity cost greater than 10 Cents (Mine is 15 Cents) to stay in the game as the Difficulty increases and with Bitcoin halving next Year.

Putting aside ROI and just thinking about making more money than the electricity cost (Which as a latecomer is my objective) I am ok at the moment with a standard S5. By undervolting and reducing the frequency I can still make money up to the Halving. At that point even an S7 will need electricity under 12 Cents to make money.

So it makes life a lot easier if you have under 5 Cents electricity. If not you have to work hard at when to buy, when to sell and how to modify for best efficiency to stay in the game.  Smiley

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:48:42 AM

Although mining is far from dead, just look at the steady increase in the network Hash Rate, it is getting progressively more difficult for the Home Miner with an Electricity cost greater than 10 Cents (Mine is 15 Cents) to stay in the game as the Difficulty increases and with Bitcoin halving next Year.

Putting aside ROI and just thinking about making more money than the electricity cost (Which as a latecomer is my objective) I am ok at the moment with a standard S5. By undervolting and reducing the frequency I can still make money up to the Halving. At that point even an S7 will need electricity under 12 Cents to make money.

So it makes life a lot easier if you have under 5 Cents electricity. If not you have to work hard at when to buy, when to sell and how to modify for best efficiency to stay in the game.  Smiley

Rich

There are some that love to go around and say mining is dead.  They enjoy spreading it.  But with right conditions you can still ROI.

Winter is coming up some even use miners to heat rooms.  You can find a way to ROI in most cases (as long as difficulty does not have huge jump).    If 10 cents or under and decently new gear you will do ok.
ilikemandarin

Activity: 150

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:19:47 AM

Mining will be profitable again when btc halve on 2016. I hope.  Wink
Cause i hope price will rise.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 12:27:53 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 07:15:15 AM by Amph

it's the opposite, there is more chances that mining will be even more dead if the price of btc will not double at least

how the halving can even help the miners is beyond me, the reward will be halved not doubled
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:44:24 PM

it's the opposite, there is more chances that mining will be even more dead iof the price of btc will not double at least

how the halvign can even help the miners is beyond me, the reward will be halved not doubled

We are seeing a slow build up on price right now.  It really depends on price of BTC.  If it goes up considerable yes happy days, all miners continue.

But if not most likely miners will be looking for lower powered machines.  I'm sure more and more efficient miners are to come.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:05:36 PM

That price run up is the annual holiday eggnog special. It will drop once the booze wears off Tongue
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:28:05 PM

Well miners keep being developed with more th inside and less energy consumer ,without free or solar energy or wind this investment  will be harder to achieve at the current price ,mine and pay the eletricity bill is insane if you have free power well is 50% faster to be able to roi only mining.At Brazil they charge around 50 to 70% fee from exported product making this being almost impossible to try it withouy free energy that some people has,but well the cost is very high compared to others countries.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:01:06 PM

That price run up is the annual holiday eggnog special. It will drop once the booze wears off Tongue

With the slow buildup I have a little more hope in it.  Were less than on year away from having.    We are not seeing huge bumps/jumps.

I think a slow nice buildup might just stay.   I'm hoping we have this trend stay.  I think it is here to stay for a bit, long term I'm not sure.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 09:56:48 AM

Well miners keep being developed with more th inside and less energy consumer ,without free or solar energy or wind this investment  will be harder to achieve at the current price ,mine and pay the eletricity bill is insane if you have free power well is 50% faster to be able to roi only mining.At Brazil they charge around 50 to 70% fee from exported product making this being almost impossible to try it withouy free energy that some people has,but well the cost is very high compared to others countries.

Well although electricity has a high risk for expenses in mining, you can still calculate it's cost rate, and for that it is not impossible to ROI, and now that the winter is coming it is good to mine in weather conditions like these! Grin
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:48:44 PM

Well im sure not all people that keep mining are soo lucky as these but well i needed to share a sucess history to who his trying dont give up maybe the lucky one day knock your doors  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1132914.new#new.And yes some people still earn and able to roi .
pjsonowal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:56:38 PM

We can say mining is a kind off dead now as now most of the btc dont want to invest money on. Asiic miners and waste money on bills... So slowly slowly miners are packing up from mining

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: