Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:40:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [REQUEST] TO ALL POOL OPS  (Read 4672 times)
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 01:26:41 PM

But why should we worry about that?
No need to. There are even people still mining on prop pools - it's their decision, I don't care. (I guess the same persons keep >100 BTC on their pool accounts...)

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit LC Inc.

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 03:20:54 AM

Pay Tx reward? Depends, we're "reusing" them for our Wallet-service, but we're not crediting users for the TX-fees.
Pay stales? No, we don't. Unless you count orphan blocks (and their shares)
organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 03:52:48 AM

Pay Tx reward? Depends, we're "reusing" them for our Wallet-service, but we're not crediting users for the TX-fees.
Pay stales? No, we don't. Unless you count orphan blocks (and their shares)

Thanks Jine, I must have misunderstood some posts in your thread. I'll fix it up before (or more likely on Sad ) Sunday.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 08:25:19 AM

UPDATE:

I'm in the middle of adding columns for Variable difficulty and Stratum/GBT to the Mining pools list. I'm a bit short on time this week, so I be ever so grateful if you could post whether or not you currently offer variable difficulty and if so whether it's User defined or a target of shares per minute (including the target number). Also please indicate whether you use Stratum or GBT or neither.

I know many of you plan on offering Variable difficulty shares and Stratum or GBT in the near future and if you post here when you do offer these options I'll be able to include it in the Mining pools list sooner

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 08:33:14 AM

UPDATE:

I'm in the middle of adding columns for Variable difficulty and Stratum/GBT to the Mining pools list. I'm a bit short on time this week, so I be ever so grateful if you could post whether or not you currently offer variable difficulty and if so whether it's User defined or a target of shares per minute (including the target number). Also please indicate whether you use Stratum or GBT or neither.

I know many of you plan on offering Variable difficulty shares and Stratum or GBT in the near future and if you post here when you do offer these options I'll be able to include it in the Mining pools list sooner

planning to have stratum with vardiff by 1st November Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 08:34:51 AM

UPDATE:

Great! What sort of vardiff are you planning on?

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 08:37:54 AM

UPDATE:

Great! What sort of vardiff are you planning on?
a target of shares per minute - details to come Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8343

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 01:59:53 PM

P2Pool does local work generation and uses variable difficulty— and thus should be compatible with very high speed mining. It would be a bummer to see this list promote more centralization with the launch of ASIC miners as people look for new pools that can keep up.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 03:16:58 PM

I agree that it would be best to ensure the new list prefer decentralized pools (GBT and p2p) over centralized ones (Stratum).

Eligius should be ASIC-ready as soon as we switch to the new CPPSRB reward system, hopefully before November.
I plan to use a target of 20-30 shares per minute, but might make it miner-configurable.

os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:16:54 PM

I agree that it would be best to ensure the new list prefer decentralized pools (GBT and p2p) over centralized ones (Stratum).

The *new* list should provide objective information.  The preference should be left to the user.
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:42:00 PM

BTC Guild:  Stratum with variable difficulty.  Current SPM target is 15 (10~19 depending on a miner's proximity to a difficulty adjustment).

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 09:11:03 PM

P2Pool does local work generation and uses variable difficulty— and thus should be compatible with very high speed mining. It would be a bummer to see this list promote more centralization with the launch of ASIC miners as people look for new pools that can keep up.

Thanks for your input, gmaxwell. I think that's an important point about p2Pool. The reason for the extra columns in the list is to make it more obvious which pools are ASIC ready and which are not. I'll work on renaming headings so that p2Pool won't be left out.

Eligius should be ASIC-ready as soon as we switch to the new CPPSRB reward system, hopefully before November.
I plan to use a target of 20-30 shares per minute, but might make it miner-configurable.

Thanks Luke-Jr. I'll list Eligius as "TBA" under vardiff.

As far as list preferences goes, the list is completely agnostic - I want to provide objective and verifiable information about the pools and let miners make up their own minds about which is preferable.

organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 09:18:47 PM

BTC Guild:  Stratum with variable difficulty.  Current SPM target is 15 (10~19 depending on a miner's proximity to a difficulty adjustment).

Thanks eleuthria. I'm interested in the method you use to calculate the SPM target and how it's affected by difficulty changes - is the algorithm posted somewhere?

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 09:26:52 PM

EMC is GBT and has automatic VARDIFF on all three servers. 

US1: 20 SPM over 3 minute target window
US2: 24 SPM over 3 minute target window
US3: 28 SPM over 3 minute target window

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 10:28:56 PM

Thanks eleuthria. I'm interested in the method you use to calculate the SPM target and how it's affected by difficulty changes - is the algorithm posted somewhere?

The full SPM is based on a 5 minute average.  If they are 20 SPM or higher, the difficulty is doubled.  There are extra adjustments during shorter time intervals to catch extremely fast miners in under 5 minutes.  Additionally the difficulty is halved if no shares are submitted after a minute, or if SPM drops to 6 or less (which would only happen if the miner leaves the server/turns off miners behind a proxy).

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: