Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:50:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My response to the community  (Read 17765 times)
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:28:03 PM

Relax, he'll be back in 2 weeks with a new bitcon business idea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:28:44 PM

Apologies mere hours after goading and laughing about   a stunt like this  are not going to save you

I will still blacklist companies you are involved with and encourage others to do the same

congratulations ,you fucked your friends businesses up as well as your own career

but at least you you got to keep the coins eh ...../

alls well that ends well .

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 04:34:57 PM

I don't see why Matthew should have to leave or exit or whatever. His reputation is now well established, rightfully labeled, and he will be treated accordingly on this forum. So if he stays, time will pass, people will calm down, forget, or forgive, and he'll just have to rebuild his rep from scratch.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:40:37 PM

I tried to warn ya how distasteful this prank was brother..

Sorry bout your luck.. 

See ya next nick...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:45:35 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2012, 04:55:37 PM by bitcoinBull

MNW, that was good job you did getting the ball rolling on the magazine. thanks for that

Oh, also.. DUCK!

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:48:07 PM

As a lurker I feel there is a tremendous lack of clear understanding here.  

Facts:

1.  If by some stroke of random impossibility Pirateat40 HAD actually paid out MNW would have taken EVERY SINGLE BTC sent him to the bank.  He published an address to receive coin.

2.  But MNW lost the bet and is paying NOTHING.  He claimed it was all some sort of joke.  This is not how bets work.  This is not how debts are paid.  This is how someone destroys their life, the reputation of many around them and the community in which they exist.  He has done even more damage to the image of BTC on the heels of continued negative press.

3.  He comes in here with his tail tucked and his eyes misty and MOST OF YOU ARE BUYING IT.

There is ONLY one right thing to MNW to do in this situation, and an apology and resignation is not it.  Can anyone guess what the one right thing is?

He should PAY HIS DEBT.

That is the one and only reasonable action here.  He ows the coin, and he owns coin, and a new block is going on the chain right now as we gawk at this... oh and there's another... and another.  Where are the payments?

He doesn't have all that coin?  Well that's terrible and another proof of core dishonesty, but he does have SOME coin.  He should start by paying out every bit of it.

By the way, I am not on the list of people he just ripped off.  But if you are ,shedding a tear of regret as you shrug off his debt to you when he does the apology song and dance is you falling for yet another angle from this guy.

You know... it's sad, but it is just a matter of time before clowns like this screw over the sort of people who will not take an apology in place of payment.  Then BTC will have some real bad press...  

I suppose that though has not crossed MNWs mind... (of course it has... see the OP)
davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:52:47 PM

what was the prank that everyone is talking about here
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 04:54:34 PM

Yolocoin, since you have only been here under that name for about a week and  every post is you defending MNW, you are either him (MNW) or a very close associate.. Ill bet the former..
Also, you're not helping him. Every time you post your weak defenses, others feel obligated to rebut them with much stronger arguments. On net, it makes his position worse.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:01:46 PM

He made a bunch of bets pirate's scheme wasn't an obvious fraud/ponzi and would pay out, then lost, then claimed it was a prank and not a real bet after said losing.

tl;dr forum drama, aspergers, gambling on HYIP gambling, multiple ignores, embracing of clown suit

davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:03:00 PM

He made a bunch of bets pirate's scheme wasn't an obvious fraud/ponzi and would pay out, then lost, then claimed it was a prank and not a real bet after said losing.

tl;dr forum drama, aspergers, gambling on HYIP gambling, multiple ignores, embracing of clown suit

Ouch
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 05:04:11 PM

In hindsight, I no longer see this bet as being funny and I think it was in horrible taste. The community members who were my friends who are standing up against this are right in doing so I and I have no place in the bitcoin community as I clearly don't take it as seriously as everyone else. I am happy to have learned so much from Bitcoin and I'm glad to have shared in many experiences as well, but I cannot discount the claims that I have some issues with manicism as there is no other explanation for my often irrational behavior. I'll be seriously looking at my life and exiting from the community with my sincerest apologies.

Mihai Alisie will be speaking for the Bitcoin Magazine at the London conference. I am in the process of exiting the company completely equity and all in addition to already having resigned as a director and Editor in Chief, as it seems the right thing to do for the future of the magazine.

Ellet's IP is being handed over to a more capable party and I will be exiting any involvement with it.

DCAO is being dismembered and the existing heads will start another organization a bit more seriously toned.

I will not be involved in any businesses in this community any longer. It is clear my immaturity is hurting the community more than I am helping it, and the position I have been in has only resulted in hurting myself and those around me. I'm glad to see that many people did get my joke, but I ask that they not defend me as even I see now that it was crossing all sorts of lines that should never have been crossed and I have absolutely no excuse for it.

I'm sorry I let so many people down that I never even realized actually cared and I hope I can somehow serve as an example of what not to do so that all of this was not a complete waste.

I will now leave how I came.

Fare thee well you mental midget. What a wonderful way to start a Monday Cheesy

+1

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 05:09:21 PM

A corrupt society always punishes those that seek to improve it.

That's true, hence the corollary:

I for one was shocked to find a known internet troll chose not to pay nearly $1m in bets to strangers on the internet. There were no early warning signs you could have picked up on to make a risk assessment of the situation.

Real people have lost money on this because after originally losing money on a ponzi scheme they hedged against it by betting with a known troll stranger on the internet. These people are not immature like Matthew, they just know a good deal when they see one!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:12:50 PM

"walks like a duck" fallacy

bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:19:25 PM

A corrupt society always punishes those that seek to improve it.

That's true, hence the corollary:

He was seeking easy money, not to improve society. Nor was he joking. Didn't look like a joke, didn't sound like a joke. Looks like a scam, was a scam. Not a joke.

Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:29:12 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2012, 05:57:55 PM by Atlas

Matthew, this is the only thing you have done that has sincerely angered me. While I preach against dogmatic morality, my inner integrity compels me to despise the fraud you have committed here. The thought you would've collected from your betters while never having the ability to pay them is sickening.

Nonetheless, I hope this is eventually forgotten but I did report you to the SEC when I was most emotional. As fruitless as that will be, hopefully it will build you in some way or maybe they won't bother you at all.

Godspeed.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:39:29 PM

Matthew, this is the only thing you have done that has sincerely angered me. While I preach against dogmatic morality, my inner integrity compels me to despise the fraud you have committed here. The thought you would of collected from your betters while never having the ability to pay them is sickening.

Nonetheless, I hope this is eventually forgotten but I did report you to the SEC when I was most emotional. As fruitless as that will be, hopefully it will build you in some way or maybe they won't bother you at all.

Godspeed.

I see that at least one thing got done in #btcst.
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:50:29 PM

If you lose a bet, you pay. If you dont pay, you break your word, what ever lame excuse / appology you have:
You are a scammer, totally deserve the tag and you totally deserve all legal actions crossing your way.
Yolocoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:52:36 PM

Yolocoin, since you have only been here under that name for about a week and  every post is you defending MNW, you are either him (MNW) or a very close associate.. Ill bet the former..

My own personal opinion is that MNW's a histrionic manchild and closet pedophile, but let's not let that get in the way of the fact that no bitcoins changed hands and MNW hasn't actually stolen anything.  So yeah, let's whitewash all the actual theft and pyramid ponzi schemes and just chase tails instead.

I don't see why Matthew should have to leave or exit or whatever. His reputation is now well established, rightfully labeled, and he will be treated accordingly on this forum. So if he stays, time will pass, people will calm down, forget, or forgive, and he'll just have to rebuild his rep from scratch.

And yet all the pirate pass-thoroughs have suckers lining up to fellate the real thieves in vain attempts that somehow they'll be first in line to receive the zero bitcoins that will eventually get paid out.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:56:40 PM

Seems like deja-vu.  I remember a few months back that MNW wrote some apology about trolling so much and he was going to stop.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:00:49 PM

i disagree ,he deserves a perma-bann and if any of the mods read this i hope they do it

what other forum would allow a scammer to continue to taunt the victims of a scam in the aftermath  ?

it seem rather pointless that people get these scammer tags and then they have a licence to troll on and spam the board

i didnt lose anything through his retarded scam but what about everyone he advised to "use it as a hedge " and win back your pirate losses etc

debts that were worth a % of face value are now worth nothing thanks to MNW  wasting 3 vital weeks  when everyone should have been focusing on pirate and the money ,instead of doing that  they were busy hedging it on matthews bet ........

it created a complete chaotic  mess in the community at the worst possible time in the wake of the BTCST scam ,and one that wont  be forgotten for a long time

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: