Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:10:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XVI] Vibranium | Antimetal | Masternodes | Wallet update  (Read 12261 times)
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:34:28 AM

I stopped running my XVI node a couple of weeks ago, because I stopped getting connections and started getting weird errors in the console; plus it was taking up a ton of CPU.

I started it up again today and I don't see the errors, but I still get 0 connections. Does anyone have any addnodes that work?

Nope - probably a paid node expired and with no dev - no node - no connection.
I gave up and dumped mine after waiting forever hoping the dev would return or someone would step up
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:09:53 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 02:23:49 AM by drays

I stopped running my XVI node a couple of weeks ago, because I stopped getting connections and started getting weird errors in the console; plus it was taking up a ton of CPU.

I started it up again today and I don't see the errors, but I still get 0 connections. Does anyone have any addnodes that work?

I am running a node and have 3 connections currently. Here they are:
[
    {
        "addr" : "5.9.36.211:40015",
        "version" : 61400,
        "subver" : "/Haircut:1.0.0/",
        "inbound" : true,
        "startingheight" : 175939,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "188.165.2.147:36330",
        "subver" : "/Haircut:1.1.0/",
    },
    {
        "addr" : "50.157.173.168:51037",
        "startingheight" : 178863,
    }
]

You can use any of them, or my node at 104.207.131.249:12215.

Not sure where this is going though, as the Dev does not seem to be very responsive now. Don't understand what has happened to that guy Undecided

EDIT: one additional advice: you could want to set listen=1 in your config, and open the listening port in the firewall. This will allow you to find more connections. It helped me to find connections on several coins where I got 0 conn before. Also - if you have coins in your wallet, it is better to run staking instead of masternode, as staking will move the blockchain. Not sure which one will get more coins though (staking or MN), but at current prices it is not really important.

... this space is not for rent ...
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:20:34 PM

all this thing needs is  a seeder node, no?

you can grab addnodes off topia but some server needs to be online 24/7 

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
catotune

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

Meow

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 02:32:05 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 01:46:06 AM by catotune

I am running a node and have 3 connections currently. Here they are:
[
    {
        "addr" : "5.9.36.211:40015",
        "subver" : "/Haircut:1.0.0/",
    },
    {
        "addr" : "188.165.2.147:36330",
    },
    {
        "addr" : "50.157.173.168:51037",
        "startingheight" : 178863,
    }
]

You can use any of them, or my node at 104.207.131.249:12215.

Not sure where this is going though, as the Dev does not seem to be very responsive now. Don't understand what has happened to that guy Undecided

EDIT: one additional advice: you could want to set listen=1 in your config, and open the listening port in the firewall. This will allow you to find more connections. It helped me to find connections on several coins where I got 0 conn before. Also - if you have coins in your wallet, it is better to run staking instead of masternode, as staking will move the blockchain. Not sure which one will get more coins though (staking or MN), but at this price it is not really important Smiley.

Thanks drays! I now have one connection. You can also add my node to your Vibranium.conf: 107.170.196.135:12225 (it's not always running, but it does run for a few hours every day). addnode.link:12215

I had been using listen=1 in my config out of habit more than understanding (question: if we don't set listen=1, does our wallet not listen for new connections?), and I am also running a staking node instead of a masternode based on the same logic you used (we want to move this blockchain!).

Too bad if this coin is abandoned; I liked the tie-in to the Black Panther super hero, and the idea of using it in an RTS game sounded really promising.

EDIT: updated my node address (see my post below)
drays
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:55:14 PM

Thanks drays! I now have one connection. You can also add my node to your Vibranium.conf: 107.170.196.135:12225 (it's not always running, but it does run for a few hours every day).

I had been using listen=1 in my config out of habit more than understanding (question: if we don't set listen=1, does our wallet not listen for new connections?), and I am also running a staking node instead of a masternode based on the same logic you used (we want to move this blockchain!).

Too bad if this coin is abandoned; I liked the tie-in to the Black Panther super hero, and the idea of using it in an RTS game sounded really promising.

What seems to be a Superhero most often turns to be a turd Smiley

Lately I have seen several Devs who seemed to be honest and responsible, told "I will never-ever abandon this", but then just shamefacedly disappeared. I don't like superheroes, as most of them just like to show off. Who promises much, delivers almost nothing.

Anyway... back to topic... Related to your question on "listen=1", I cannot tell for sure, but suppose it allows to get access to the wallets running behind NAT. If you do not listen for connections, you will connect only to the peers you know, while if you are open and listening, some unknown peers could find you from behind their firewalls and NATs. Thus you get more connections. Its the same as with Torrents. If you have real and open IP, you will get much more peers than if you are behind company firewall NAT machine and are not visible from outside.

LadangGalau

Activity: 378

EthBits

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:59:09 PM

Bookmarked  Smiley
catotune

Meow

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 01:44:06 AM

What seems to be a Superhero most often turns to be a turd Smiley

Lately I have seen several Devs who seemed to be honest and responsible, told "I will never-ever abandon this", but then just shamefacedly disappeared. I don't like superheroes, as most of them just like to show off. Who promises much, delivers almost nothing.

Anyway... back to topic... Related to your question on "listen=1", I cannot tell for sure, but suppose it allows to get access to the wallets running behind NAT. If you do not listen for connections, you will connect only to the peers you know, while if you are open and listening, some unknown peers could find you from behind their firewalls and NATs. Thus you get more connections. Its the same as with Torrents. If you have real and open IP, you will get much more peers than if you are behind company firewall NAT machine and are not visible from outside.

I am seeing the same thing; Devs who seem absolutely intelligent and honorable, and who disappear without a trace after a month or a few months for no apparent reason.

I was thinking about this phenomenon, and also thinking about how much time I spend asking on these forums if anyone has any addnodes when wallets inevitably dwindle down to 0 connections.

To this end, I am offering up a service: I will host a nodes for coins for a very affordable 0.1 BTC / year. Any Dev or community can afford this, and it would guarantee at least one node running 24/7 for a year or more.

For my test run, I will host Vibranium for free for a year. You can use:

Code:
addnode=addnode.link:12215

Yes, I registered the addnode.link domain for this service. Please feel free to use it in your Vibranium.conf, and please let me know if you see any issues with this node. It should show up as 45.55.157.54:12215 if you enter "getpeerinfo" in your debug window. I would love to hear some feedback before fully launching this service.

If anyone is reading this and wants a node hosted for .1 BTC / year for your favorite coin, please feel free to PM me!
LadangGalau

Activity: 378

EthBits

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:32:25 AM

XVI renamed FADE?  Huh
Ironhorse

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:27:35 AM

Watching and bookmarked.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:45:49 PM

XVI renamed FADE?  Huh

No, just the opposite: FADE was renamed to Vibranium (XVI). However now, when both FADE Dev and XVI Dev have disappeared, it is irrelevant Smiley. Better to say: FADE and XVI is the same coin.

Looks like this poor coin needs new Dev. Anyone?

Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:15:15 AM

Fade/Vibranium is "Dead to Me"
Taking off notify. Goodbye XVI!
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 02:51:07 PM

Um, alts in general are dead except for the very established ones.  Sorry to rain on everyone's parade.  Buy bitcoin.  You'll thank me in a year.
fitinplace

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:47:17 AM

hello, i was wondering about:

1.  block target interval
2.  amount of confirms before spending received
3.  amount of confirms before spending reward
drays
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 11:28:54 PM

hello, i was wondering about:

1.  block target interval
2.  amount of confirms before spending received
3.  amount of confirms before spending reward

1. Dunno, and block explorer is down, so hard to guess
2. 10 confirmations (based on source code)
3. 51 confirmations (based on source code)

catotune

Meow

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 08:45:47 PM

Huh, it looks like Bleutrade no longer lists XVI  Shocked

Does this mean that we can't trade Vibranium at any exchange? I wonder if my FADE address at Yobit will accept XVI...
drays
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:43:51 PM

Does this mean that we can't trade Vibranium at any exchange? I wonder if my FADE address at Yobit will accept XVI...

Wow, thanks for informing about this . I had some XVI on Bleutrade account, not sure what has happened to them. Bleutrade did not send any notification email prior to delisting a coin!! And now the account is missing together with all my coins! Huh If this is how Bleautrade works, looks like I will refrain from using this exchange, and tell everybody to do so... Anyway, opened a ticket, lets see what they tell.

Regarding an exchange, Yobit FADE wallet works well, and accepts XVI as far as I know. I have sent some amount there few months ago, and it worked out. Not sure it will work now, but most probably will. Its easy to check though will small amount.

catotune

Meow

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 10:13:10 PM

Wow, thanks for informing about this . I had some XVI on Bleutrade account, not sure what has happened to them. Bleutrade did not send any notification email prior to delisting a coin!! And now the account is missing together with all my coins! Huh If this is how Bleautrade works, looks like I will refrain from using this exchange, and tell everybody to do so... Anyway, opened a ticket, lets see what they tell.

Regarding an exchange, Yobit FADE wallet works well, and accepts XVI as far as I know. I have sent some amount there few months ago, and it worked out. Not sure it will work now, but most probably will. Its easy to check though will small amount.

Yeah I noticed recently that Bleutrade had delisted a few coins that I held, all seemingly without any warning.

I had always thought of them as an exchange that didn't delist coins due to low volume, which is why I felt safe holding obscure coins that they listed, but I guess something has changed. I too will stop recommending them to people, unfortunately.

Thanks for the information about Yobit probably accepting XVI as FADE, I will give that a shot when I get home!
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 12:53:13 AM

Hello XVI Community,
We would like to present you with one possible solution for all those
who have or had Nodes and supported the coin and tech.
There are a few projects we are working on and one in particular would fit this situation.
We read through the thread, see what has gone on here and wish you no harm.
What I speak is the truth and hope you could consider our offer to work together.
To be honest, we need an aggressive network of Nodes to support some unique tech we have,
and if done right could be suited for more than one project and purpose.
We believe you will be very pleased with the end result.

We may also need to do testing and present changes in the Code.
If there are any here that have done any work on any Node coding PM me direct.

We have setup a tiered structure that will reward those who support this endeavor.
When we meet this criteria of the substantial robust Node Service and Active Community
it will be adopted and we will include You and this Community in our projects.
We encourage all possible reasonable increases in storage/cpu capacity.
If you are a Coder of any type please stick around and check in from time to time.
There will be a real unique opportunity whereby you will be owners of your work.

We are aware of some issues of the existing code being faulty and working on solutions.
Inputs on these or any others would be helpful.
We may either combine all the Nodes into one project or have a few separate ones.
Keep your nodes up and running while trying to rebuild their numbers and the Community.
This is essential.

We also want your ideas and aspirations of where you wanted to see the tech go
with or without you personally contributing to the building.

Feel free to offer incentives to others to setup more nodes.
For those who would like to collaborate and work with us we have an incentive structure
in testing and will include you in this testing of better things to come.
Make it known your interest in working with us.

Take some time to think and discuss, and let us know what you think.
Happy Masternoding!

IW

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 10:33:02 AM

can we setup a mn using ddns?

also i am willing to setup a node for some coins. pm me Cheesy
drays
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:25:13 PM

can we setup a mn using ddns?

I doubt it...

Just few MN coins have claimed their masternodes to be working with Dynamic DNS.
Old 8BIT dev told once it should work, but I don't think anyone has actually tried.

TransferCoin has claimed their MN will work with DDNS, and they are the first who are able to do that... See here: https://forum.bitcoin.com/alternative-cryptocurrencies-altcoins/tx-transfercoin-masternodes-android-osx-wallet-trading-t4290.html#p17467 :
2. We will be the first altcoin with Dynamic DNS Masternodes. This is for people who can't get a static IP from there provider.
If that claim is true ("the first altcoin" part), then it means Vibranium does not work with DDNS Smiley

But it is worth to check, if it doesn't work you don't lose anything but time.. especially at those prices...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: