Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:25:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Manipulation  (Read 4168 times)
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:13:56 PM

Will 1000 BTC be enough to move the price?

That's like 226 000$ , It's a huge amount and it may affect on the price but not that much as I said .
It's basically big exchanges who can do the real manipulations and price changes

the 24 hour volume of bitcoin is usually between 10-20 million dollars. So no, the price won't be affected too much.

Imagine that every day people are buying 800k worth of dollars in new bitcoins just to keep the price steady.
For them its so easy to bough a bitcoin because they can bought it low and then sell it high repeatedly. So that they can easy to maintain the price of bitcoin.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:53:40 PM

Its really easy to manipulate the price at this low marketcap for big whales.

They dont even need a big amount of bitcoins, when they sell a little bit people will began to panic and sell everything they have and the price go down, its like on the stock market.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:04:32 PM

Anyone want to show this? I personally think it would take millions to move the market. It would only move it temporarily and by an unknowable amount. People with millions of dollars did not get rich  throwing money at a childlike scheme that could make some money, or lose some money. I think the effect of market manipulation is very greatly exaggerated.

This is a phenomena in many markets and has been studied by psychologists. People try to attribute random events to a conscious force.  So if the market goes down and Mr.X loses money he may be inclined to think someone did something to him rather than taking into account that the price change involved the actions of thousands of people acting in their own interests. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:45:18 PM

well as others altcoins bitcoins can be manipulated down as above the big thing is to set up two walls one on buy and other on sell soo this way can be a pump as a dump anytime but well is risky to play on both sides
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:21:43 AM

Anyone want to show this? I personally think it would take millions to move the market. It would only move it temporarily and by an unknowable amount. People with millions of dollars did not get rich  throwing money at a childlike scheme that could make some money, or lose some money. I think the effect of market manipulation is very greatly exaggerated.

This is a phenomena in many markets and has been studied by psychologists. People try to attribute random events to a conscious force.  So if the market goes down and Mr.X loses money he may be inclined to think someone did something to him rather than taking into account that the price change involved the actions of thousands of people acting in their own interests. 

Doesn't have to be the case. It would be done same way altcoins are manipulated, but with way larger value. I don't think it's a risk to make large bitcoin dump these days,
because people react on price drops with a certain amount of panic, selling as a stop loss method, and during such a chain reaction of sells, the original dumper could re-buy lower and return to the game.
I can't say for certain that this is happening, noone can, but there are certain price movements that i can't explain otherwise, hence i tribute it to the manipulation.

cheers
knowhow

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:45:21 PM

well sure it can happen if lets say900 btc get on sale for 200 dollars several people will follow it as will be able to set some new orders expecting it to go lower then 200 dollars.
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:03:30 PM

Hello,

How much btc do you think you need before you can move the price on a exchange?

Also is manipulation legal at bitcoin exchanger?

I will answer your second question, manipulations of bitcoin price is not legal and is not ethical, the market price tends to fall below expectations when you removed or withdrawn your investment after pumping it up.
This often makes the price of bitcoin to collapse due to lack of support funds.
grigorescua87

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:40:20 PM

I think BTC price is manipulated. Al the order books are fake and you need a huge amount of value to move all the important exchanges at the same time. One you did that, you get reactive effect but the timing is important!
Dotakels

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:31:54 PM

Hello,

I will answer your second question, manipulations of bitcoin price is not legal and is not ethical, the market price tends to fall below expectations when you removed or withdrawn your investment after pumping it up.
This often makes the price of bitcoin to collapse due to lack of support funds.
Thats right its all depend on the trends of the market, you couldn't say that tomorrow the price of bitcoin will goes up or down because you don't have evidence that its make it happened. And yes its collapse when its lack with financial fund.
knowhow

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:29:11 PM

well it can be manipulated but has a huge ammount on it to be able to change it
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:02:34 AM

Hello,

It all depends on the volume of that exchange. I know in some small cryptocurrency exchanges one can manipulate the prices of some coins with under 10 btc but on bigger exchanges I would expect you would need several hundred if not more btc to drive the price of btc or any pair. Now there are gangs of whales that move in groups which makes the whole thing look a lot more sinister sigh.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:07:40 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 11:21:00 AM by Amph

I think BTC price is manipulated. Al the order books are fake and you need a huge amount of value to move all the important exchanges at the same time. One you did that, you get reactive effect but the timing is important!

i don't think so, it is that they are using bots all over the place, in every exchange, you can use your too, human trading is very rare nowadays

manipulation is there but to a much less extent than before
Dotakels

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:09:21 AM

i don't think so, it is that they are using bot all over the place, in every exchange, you can use your too, human trading is very rare nowadays

But more people are not believe in manipulation although its true, because they not thinking about how they are going to trade with high profit, they just only need is to trade with a profit not big not small its only enough.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:14:23 AM

i don't think so, it is that they are using bot all over the place, in every exchange, you can use your too, human trading is very rare nowadays

nowadays there is a lot less manipulation, i think that's mainly due to the fact that traders are wiser. especially when good or bad news pop up and cause a massive price movement. news doesn't move markets anymore. that means that inside trading is less effective.
knowhow

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 11:24:55 PM

nowadays there is a lot less manipulation, i think that's mainly due to the fact that traders are wiser. especially when good or bad news pop up and cause a massive price movement. news doesn't move markets anymore. that means that inside trading is less effective.

well there is around groups of whales ,they had joined to get profit much faster then before... they can easy up an altcoin in short time and left sell orders to others enter and they out.... its happening already
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:48:46 AM

well there is around groups of whales ,they had joined to get profit much faster then before... they can easy up an altcoin in short time and left sell orders to others enter and they out.... its happening already
now there are many fake volume created in the exchanger, with a view to seeking a profit, and this is done by the sharks that work together, and usually the victims are traders without experience
Scaccomatt0
Legendary

Activity: 1120

https://cryptoworld.io

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 09:59:57 AM

I think that manipulate the BTC exchange is quite impossible by a single person.

Maybe within a group of 5-10 people with huge amount of money.. and trying to manipulate all exchanges

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
               ______
          __███████████████_      █████         █████          █████           █████
       _█████████████████████      █████         █████        █████           █████
     _███████¯¯¯     ¯¯██████       █████         █████      █████           █████
   _██████¯            ¯████¯        █████         █████    █████           █████
  ██████¯                             █████          ██████████            █████
 ██████                               █████          ██████████            █████
 █████                                 █████         ██████████            █████
█████                                  █████          ████████            █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████            █████    
█████                                   █████          ██████          █████    
 █████                                  █████          ██████          █████
 ██████                                 █████          ██████        █████
  ██████_                                █████         ██████        █████
   ¯██████_            _████_            █████        ████████       █████
     ¯███████___     __██████            █████      █████  █████     █████
       ¯█████████████████████             █████    █████    █████   █████
          ¯¯███████████████¯               ████████████      ███████████
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯                      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯         ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
|

FAUCET
ICO
ANDROID

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 10:16:04 AM

probably because there is also less interest in trading bitcoin at all, it could be the reason why the market is so stagnant lately

with greater manipulation, there should be greater up and down
Dotakels

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 04:07:55 AM

probably because there is also less interest in trading bitcoin at all, it could be the reason why the market is so stagnant lately

with greater manipulation, there should be greater up and down
Yes more people not using the method of manipulation because of their own reason, but its better to manipulate or you know how to manipulate so that you can follow the trend in the market and earn more.
knowhow

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:15:35 PM

well the manipulation happens in groups when did anyone saw 5000% up with lets say buy orders os 2 satoshis and sell at 10000 satoshis.... is very easy to find the manipulation on them ...bitcoin i believe can be affected but isnt soo easy even on small exchanges just small parts of bitcoins sold
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: