Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:15:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So I guess people are using bitcoins for takeaway  (Read 2821 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 02:16:34 PM

I use http://www.takeaway.com for ordering food sometimes, lately once every Saturday when hanging out with friends.

Being in Germany they redirect me to a local service (lieferservice). On Saturday I went to order something but found no bitcoin payment option to pay.

I checked again today and saw that it was not available for other restaurants so I sent the site an e-mail to ask about it and this was their response:

thank you for your message.

Since the companies lieferando and lieferservice became one, we just used the pay options from lieferando.

There are a lot of people complaining, thats why we are planing to put the bitcoin payment function back in our system.

I dont knowm how long this will take, so i please you to wait a little.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Nadine

Glad to see that Germans are using it and willing to e-mail the company when the option is not available.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:24:45 PM

Nowadays bitcoin becomes popular payment method due to its offered advantage compared with traditional ways! ppl are keen to pay with bitcoin and merchants will be happy to adopt bitcoin payment to attract customers! It is good for the bitcoin development.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:52:54 PM

Nowadays bitcoin becomes popular payment method due to its offered advantage compared with traditional ways! ppl are keen to pay with bitcoin and merchants will be happy to adopt bitcoin payment to attract customers! It is good for the bitcoin development.

One reason I think it is more popular is because of convenience, and I find this especially true with me; I dont have to enter all my credit card information, phone number, register, etc; I just need to copy and paste an address to send to and the amount to send.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Mayer Amschel

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:53:55 PM

In holland we have thuisbezorg.nl. Works like a charm.

- Mayer Amschel

Hours
Osasumox

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:56:30 PM

Not sure about the popularity thing.

They probably dropped it as an option because hardly anybody used it (my guess).

I guarantee that they'll get more letters desperately begging them to start accepting Bitcoin again than they've had people actually paying for their services in bitcoin. That's the way these things always go.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:59:21 PM

Bitcoin is quick money settlement for international business. No matter it is used as a currency or investment, it is secured and somewhat anonymous!

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 03:02:37 PM

Not sure about the popularity thing.

They probably dropped it as an option because hardly anybody used it (my guess).

It says in their e-mail:
"Since the companies lieferando and lieferservice became one, we just used the pay options from lieferando."

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Osasumox

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:03:12 PM

Don't most businesses get like 2-3 bitcoin customers ever?
Brother Darkness

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:14:41 PM

I used Takeaway.com to order in the UK and it accepts bitcoin. It's a shame JustEat and HungryHouse don't accept it yet because they're the biggest two.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 03:20:33 PM

I use http://www.takeaway.com for ordering food sometimes, lately once every Saturday when hanging out with friends.

Being in Germany they redirect me to a local service (lieferservice). On Saturday I went to order something but found no bitcoin payment option to pay.

I checked again today and saw that it was not available for other restaurants so I sent the site an e-mail to ask about it and this was their response:

Since the companies lieferando and lieferservice became one, we just used the pay options from

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Nadine

Glad to see that Germans are using it and willing to e-mail the company when the option is not available.

Grüß dich Elwar  Wink

maybe it could work when we use

http://de.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/38x2l3/used_magic_for_the_first_time_yesterday_it_was/

or

http://www.gobutlernow.com/

i will try it out in some days.

jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1506

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 03:35:13 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2023, 02:09:45 PM by jayce

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:01:02 PM

This seems like a very amazing service... I wonder if they have plans to expand further in Europe.

As for complaining about not having Bitcoin as payment method, so far I haven't been well received when I complained, but I'm confident things will change very soon.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 04:59:29 PM

This seems like a very amazing service... I wonder if they have plans to expand further in Europe.

As for complaining about not having Bitcoin as payment method, so far I haven't been well received when I complained, but I'm confident things will change very soon.

100%.

anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:40:25 PM

This site looks awesome.  I suppose I will have to wait a very long time before they expand to the usa Smiley
Chomsky

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:18:17 PM

I can't help but think that the people who use this site are going to end up beling like the guy who bought the million dollar pizza  Cheesy. I support anyone who uses bitcoin to buy things though especially pizza.
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:21:11 PM

Since the companies lieferando and lieferservice became one, we just used the pay options from lieferando.

There are a lot of people complaining, thats why we are planing to put the bitcoin payment function back in our system.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Nadine

Yes that's too bad. I think the company got sold to Lieferando and they don't accept bitcoins anymore. Source:

Lieferservice.de und Lieferando.de sind jetzt eins!

We should contact customer support Smiley
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 03:13:14 PM

This site looks awesome.  I suppose I will have to wait a very long time before they expand to the usa Smiley

There is a US site:

http://www.takeaway.com

When I go to that site it allows me to choose the German site.

Edit: My bad, I thought it was a US site. It's a UK site that redirects me.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:17:10 PM

Are you still living 100% on Bitcoin? I remember the thread and it was pretty important. Are you avoiding 100% of taxes? how are you dealing with the taxes? I don't know how to do it because I have lost all of my information on how I made my Bitcoins, most of the Bitcoins I made were on now defunct exchanges, so who the hell knows now how many trades I did? If a person wants to have their Bitcoins taxed it is honestly a nightmare because I lost most of the information to back it up.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:39:31 PM

Are you still living 100% on Bitcoin? I remember the thread and it was pretty important. Are you avoiding 100% of taxes? how are you dealing with the taxes? I don't know how to do it because I have lost all of my information on how I made my Bitcoins, most of the Bitcoins I made were on now defunct exchanges, so who the hell knows now how many trades I did? If a person wants to have their Bitcoins taxed it is honestly a nightmare because I lost most of the information to back it up.

well if you bought thing wi those, bitcoin you should remember at least that, you should still have the receipt at least, or you can in the worst case just remember the price of those thing, then declares an estimateand add a bit more to it

the real obstacle is providing the source of those money, you need to give the proof that those money come actually, from bitcoin
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:50:16 PM

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Nadine

I am looking forward to eventually having full-time income in Bitcoin, since I will be able to SPEND many of them on services like takeaway.
The future is very bright, even though it takes time for the light to shine.  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: