Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:42:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs  (Read 1218 times)
milenia (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:53:57 PM

Hi,

I'm after feedback good or bad on Butterfly Labs...

FACEBOOK Link - Search for Butterfly Labs is a Scam...

Want stories good and bad please...

Thanks

Mil

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:57:30 PM

butterfly labs is a big nono, theyve already gone through the whole fraud phase, there was a subpoena from the FBI a bit back for PM messages on this forum too for anything related to BFL. just stay away from anything related to them, its just bad news.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:59:43 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Mil

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110805.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.0

there are a lot more but those two will suffice.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:05:39 PM

I would advise against dealing with Butterfly Labs.

They have been a blight on Bitcoin, this community - saying nothing to the questionable quality of their product.

See http://ia802308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.docket.html for information on the current FTC lawsuit.
TwitchingBFLman

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 12:00:03 AM

In contrast to my previous posts, I'm not planning on spending much space in this one proving that Butterfly Labs should think twice before it decides to introduce absurd, baseless, terror-ridden lawsuits intended to destroy the lives of countless innocent people. Most people already seem to understand that. Instead, I'll be discussing its sophomoric, confused arguments and how it uses them to destroy any resistance by channeling it into ineffective paths. For complete details, I refer you to many already existing threads on that. I shall here mention only a few random items that may be new or especially interesting to you. For instance, if we're not careful, its pretentious mind games will throw us into a third world war in a matter of days.

Given a choice of having Butterfly Labs install a feudal enclave in the midst of the Bitcoin space that pledges allegiance to its deplorable phalanx of reprehensible, ill-tempered soi-disant do-badders or having my bicuspids extracted sans Novocaine, I would embrace the pliers, purchase some Polident Partials, and call it a day. Butterfly Labs's campaigns of terror are a mere cavil, a mere scarecrow, one of the last shifts of a desperate and dying cause. Butterfly Labs occasionally shows what appears to be warmth, joy, love, or compassion. You should realize, however, that these positive expressions are more feigned than experienced and invariably serve an ulterior motive, such as to subject people to daily verbal, behavioral, and environmental indignities. Griping about Butterfly Labs will not make it stop trying to start wars, ruin the environment, invent diseases, and routinely do a hundred other things that kill people. But even if it did, it would just find some other way to disparage and ridicule our traditional heroes and role models. If Butterfly Labs got its way, it'd be able to lay all of society open to the predations of organized criminality. Brrrr! It sends chills down my spine just thinking about that.

We must reveal some shocking facts about Butterfly Labs's ballyhoos. If we do, then perhaps a brighter day will dawn on planet Earth. Perhaps people will open their eyes and see that in this world, there are twisted, stupid blusterers. There are undiplomatic nithings. There are scum who walk like men. And then there is Butterfly Labs. Of those, I avouch that Butterfly Labs is the most malignant because it's doing some pretty self-centered things. Or, to restate that without meiosis, Butterfly Labs wants to exercise both subtlety and thoroughness in managing both the Bitcoins and miners that gets presented to us. Personally, I don't want that. Personally, I prefer freedom. If you also prefer freedom then you should be working with me to answer the ill-bred boors who promote a form of government in which religious freedom, racial equality, and individual liberty are severely at risk.

The concept of risk includes the relationship between the consequences and probability of an event. If the consequences of an event are extremely negative, such as the devastation resulting from Butterfly Labs mollycoddling loopy twits, then you want the probability of the event occurring to be vanishingly small, as close to zero as possible. Unfortunately, the likelihood of Butterfly Labs playing on people's conscious and unconscious belief structures is so high that one can't help but conclude that it has been brought to my attention that within the deleterious milieu of mammonism exists the opportunity for it to goad querimonious, rebarbative-to-the-core lip flappers into hurling epithets at its critics. While this is unequivocally true, it has nothing but contempt for you, and you don't even know it. That's why I feel obligated to inform you that what's scary is that it has had some success at taking away our sense of community and leaving us morally adrift. Even worse, it seems likely that Butterfly Labs will launch a salvo of pushy propositions against the somber, oppressed masses in the near future if it so deigns to undermine solemn humanity. Although things may seem dark now, Butterfly Labs can't prevent the sun from rising. It can't prevent me from writing that its cause is not glorious. It is not wonderful. It is not good.

Butterfly Labs and its expositors are, by nature, insipid rabble-rousers. Not only can that nature not be changed by window-dressing or persiflage, but Butterfly Labs bites the hand that feeds it. Please re-read and memorize that sentence if you still believe that Butterfly Labs is a refined organization with the soundest ethics and morals you can imagine.

All I can tell you is what matters to me: Butterfly Labs likes ruses that implement a fickle parody of justice called “Butterfly Labs-ism”. Could there be a conflict of interest there? If you were to ask me, I'd say that Butterfly Labs has repeatedly indicated a desire to exhibit cruelty to bitcoiners. Is that the sound of rarefied respectability that Butterfly Labs's apple-polishers so frequently attribute to Butterfly Labs? The reckless blathering of a conniving goldbrick is more like it. In fact, Butterfly Labs's grand plan is to bring discord, confusion, and frustration into our personal and public lives. I'm sure Mao Tse Tung would approve. In any case, Butterfly Labs deeply believes that everyone who is inviting all the people who have been harmed by Butterfly Labs to continue to express and assert their concerns in a constructive and productive fashion has a dark, ulterior motive for doing so. It may suit Butterfly Labs's world view to assume that the intentions of its castigators are malicious, but unless it can read minds, it's difficult to impossible for anyone to verify that assumption. Hence, let me make the counterproposal that the reality is that it frequently accuses its detractors of funding a vast web of vainglorious, petty quodlibetarians (in the most ironic fashion!), warped, frightful half-wits, and the most barbaric grobians you'll ever see. This is yet another example of the growing lack of civility in our civil discourse that ranges from the volage-brained to the cynical and even grumpy. In a more proper debate, one would instead politely point out that over the past couple of years I have had occasion to evaluate Butterfly Labs's sottises in terms of their ability to kill the goose bearing the golden egg. What I have delineated shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that trying to keep Butterfly Labs from reducing our modern, civilized, industrialized society to a state of mindless, primitive barbarism is a sucker's game. No matter how hard we try to stop it, it'll always find some new way to waste our time and money.

Butterfly Labs may attempt to insist that only one or two members of its entire entourage are vile lobcocks. Only one or two members? This is, to put it charitably, an understatement of the facts. It would be far more accurate to say that Butterfly Labs keeps saying that without its superior guidance, we will go nowhere. This is exemplary of the nonsensical rhetoric and scaremongering that typifies the language of officious ingrates and other dysfunctional, overweening kooks. A large number of people are immensely outraged at Butterfly Labs. Butterfly Labs should ask itself what it has done to incur such wrath. One possibility is that Butterfly Labs is interpersonally exploitative. That is, it takes advantage of others to achieve its own maledicent ends. Why does it do that? The answer should be self-evident so let me just point out that I personally am growing weary of Butterfly Labs's repeated claims that it is a paragon of morality and wisdom. Here, I invoke the Royal Society's famous motto, Nullius in verba: take no one's word for it. That is, we should rely not on opinions but on objective information as has been made available in this forum to determine whether or not Butterfly Labs's remonstrations are dotty by any measure. Given that they're intended to create a factitious demand for Butterfly Labs's inarticulate grievances, they come close to being a crime.

Butterfly Labs' superficial, froward diatribes are a shout to the world that, any day now, Butterfly Labs will advocate its Ponzi schemes amid a hue and cry as mendacious as it is avaricious. In this case, one cannot help but recall that Butterfly Labs's reportages are all too often clad in the lazy garb of Comstockism. I hardly need to add that its crew loves befuddling the public and making sin seem like merely a sophisticated fashion. This is nothing less than a betrayal of the many by the few. Needless to say, we must expose some of Butterfly Labs's beggarly, piteous deeds. If we fail then all of our sacrifices and all of the dreams and sacrifices of our forebears will have been in vain. The key is to realize that Butterfly Labs keeps trying to deceive us into thinking that it would never dream of converting freedom of speech from a human right into a tool of oppression that must be blunted by force. The purpose of this deception may be to impose orthodoxy and suppress dissent. Oh what a tangled web Butterfly Labs weaves when first it practices to deceive.

Okay, I've written enough for one post, so let me just finish by saying that the world would be better off if Butterfly Labs had never been created.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:04:05 AM

In contrast to my previous posts, I'm not planning on spending much space in this one proving that Butterfly Labs should think twice before it decides to introduce absurd, baseless, terror-ridden lawsuits intended to destroy the lives of countless innocent people. Most people already seem to understand that. Instead, I'll be discussing its sophomoric, confused arguments and how it uses them to destroy any resistance by channeling it into ineffective paths. For complete details, I refer you to many already existing threads on that. I shall here mention only a few random items that may be new or especially interesting to you. For instance, if we're not careful, its pretentious mind games will throw us into a third world war in a matter of days.

Given a choice of having Butterfly Labs install a feudal enclave in the midst of the Bitcoin space that pledges allegiance to its deplorable phalanx of reprehensible, ill-tempered soi-disant do-badders or having my bicuspids extracted sans Novocaine, I would embrace the pliers, purchase some Polident Partials, and call it a day. Butterfly Labs's campaigns of terror are a mere cavil, a mere scarecrow, one of the last shifts of a desperate and dying cause. Butterfly Labs occasionally shows what appears to be warmth, joy, love, or compassion. You should realize, however, that these positive expressions are more feigned than experienced and invariably serve an ulterior motive, such as to subject people to daily verbal, behavioral, and environmental indignities. Griping about Butterfly Labs will not make it stop trying to start wars, ruin the environment, invent diseases, and routinely do a hundred other things that kill people. But even if it did, it would just find some other way to disparage and ridicule our traditional heroes and role models. If Butterfly Labs got its way, it'd be able to lay all of society open to the predations of organized criminality. Brrrr! It sends chills down my spine just thinking about that.

We must reveal some shocking facts about Butterfly Labs's ballyhoos. If we do, then perhaps a brighter day will dawn on planet Earth. Perhaps people will open their eyes and see that in this world, there are twisted, stupid blusterers. There are undiplomatic nithings. There are scum who walk like men. And then there is Butterfly Labs. Of those, I avouch that Butterfly Labs is the most malignant because it's doing some pretty self-centered things. Or, to restate that without meiosis, Butterfly Labs wants to exercise both subtlety and thoroughness in managing both the Bitcoins and miners that gets presented to us. Personally, I don't want that. Personally, I prefer freedom. If you also prefer freedom then you should be working with me to answer the ill-bred boors who promote a form of government in which religious freedom, racial equality, and individual liberty are severely at risk.

The concept of risk includes the relationship between the consequences and probability of an event. If the consequences of an event are extremely negative, such as the devastation resulting from Butterfly Labs mollycoddling loopy twits, then you want the probability of the event occurring to be vanishingly small, as close to zero as possible. Unfortunately, the likelihood of Butterfly Labs playing on people's conscious and unconscious belief structures is so high that one can't help but conclude that it has been brought to my attention that within the deleterious milieu of mammonism exists the opportunity for it to goad querimonious, rebarbative-to-the-core lip flappers into hurling epithets at its critics. While this is unequivocally true, it has nothing but contempt for you, and you don't even know it. That's why I feel obligated to inform you that what's scary is that it has had some success at taking away our sense of community and leaving us morally adrift. Even worse, it seems likely that Butterfly Labs will launch a salvo of pushy propositions against the somber, oppressed masses in the near future if it so deigns to undermine solemn humanity. Although things may seem dark now, Butterfly Labs can't prevent the sun from rising. It can't prevent me from writing that its cause is not glorious. It is not wonderful. It is not good.

Butterfly Labs and its expositors are, by nature, insipid rabble-rousers. Not only can that nature not be changed by window-dressing or persiflage, but Butterfly Labs bites the hand that feeds it. Please re-read and memorize that sentence if you still believe that Butterfly Labs is a refined organization with the soundest ethics and morals you can imagine.

All I can tell you is what matters to me: Butterfly Labs likes ruses that implement a fickle parody of justice called “Butterfly Labs-ism”. Could there be a conflict of interest there? If you were to ask me, I'd say that Butterfly Labs has repeatedly indicated a desire to exhibit cruelty to bitcoiners. Is that the sound of rarefied respectability that Butterfly Labs's apple-polishers so frequently attribute to Butterfly Labs? The reckless blathering of a conniving goldbrick is more like it. In fact, Butterfly Labs's grand plan is to bring discord, confusion, and frustration into our personal and public lives. I'm sure Mao Tse Tung would approve. In any case, Butterfly Labs deeply believes that everyone who is inviting all the people who have been harmed by Butterfly Labs to continue to express and assert their concerns in a constructive and productive fashion has a dark, ulterior motive for doing so. It may suit Butterfly Labs's world view to assume that the intentions of its castigators are malicious, but unless it can read minds, it's difficult to impossible for anyone to verify that assumption. Hence, let me make the counterproposal that the reality is that it frequently accuses its detractors of funding a vast web of vainglorious, petty quodlibetarians (in the most ironic fashion!), warped, frightful half-wits, and the most barbaric grobians you'll ever see. This is yet another example of the growing lack of civility in our civil discourse that ranges from the volage-brained to the cynical and even grumpy. In a more proper debate, one would instead politely point out that over the past couple of years I have had occasion to evaluate Butterfly Labs's sottises in terms of their ability to kill the goose bearing the golden egg. What I have delineated shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that trying to keep Butterfly Labs from reducing our modern, civilized, industrialized society to a state of mindless, primitive barbarism is a sucker's game. No matter how hard we try to stop it, it'll always find some new way to waste our time and money.

Butterfly Labs may attempt to insist that only one or two members of its entire entourage are vile lobcocks. Only one or two members? This is, to put it charitably, an understatement of the facts. It would be far more accurate to say that Butterfly Labs keeps saying that without its superior guidance, we will go nowhere. This is exemplary of the nonsensical rhetoric and scaremongering that typifies the language of officious ingrates and other dysfunctional, overweening kooks. A large number of people are immensely outraged at Butterfly Labs. Butterfly Labs should ask itself what it has done to incur such wrath. One possibility is that Butterfly Labs is interpersonally exploitative. That is, it takes advantage of others to achieve its own maledicent ends. Why does it do that? The answer should be self-evident so let me just point out that I personally am growing weary of Butterfly Labs's repeated claims that it is a paragon of morality and wisdom. Here, I invoke the Royal Society's famous motto, Nullius in verba: take no one's word for it. That is, we should rely not on opinions but on objective information as has been made available in this forum to determine whether or not Butterfly Labs's remonstrations are dotty by any measure. Given that they're intended to create a factitious demand for Butterfly Labs's inarticulate grievances, they come close to being a crime.

Butterfly Labs' superficial, froward diatribes are a shout to the world that, any day now, Butterfly Labs will advocate its Ponzi schemes amid a hue and cry as mendacious as it is avaricious. In this case, one cannot help but recall that Butterfly Labs's reportages are all too often clad in the lazy garb of Comstockism. I hardly need to add that its crew loves befuddling the public and making sin seem like merely a sophisticated fashion. This is nothing less than a betrayal of the many by the few. Needless to say, we must expose some of Butterfly Labs's beggarly, piteous deeds. If we fail then all of our sacrifices and all of the dreams and sacrifices of our forebears will have been in vain. The key is to realize that Butterfly Labs keeps trying to deceive us into thinking that it would never dream of converting freedom of speech from a human right into a tool of oppression that must be blunted by force. The purpose of this deception may be to impose orthodoxy and suppress dissent. Oh what a tangled web Butterfly Labs weaves when first it practices to deceive.

Okay, I've written enough for one post, so let me just finish by saying that the world would be better off if Butterfly Labs had never been created.

Dude, where you been? I haven't seen you in these parts in a coon's age. (or something like that)

Now that I've commented on your post, I guess it'd be fair if I read the diatribe, firmly believing I won't be disappointed.

Was just about to click post, but now need to tell you how excited I am in getting to read this. I put a cigarette in my mouth having every intention of lighting it. Well, I did try to light it. With a coffee of coffe. Needless to say, I won't be smokin' that one. (I've never done that shit before)

EDIT: See my sig addendum.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:36:46 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Mil

Zero good. All bad.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:51:55 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Mil

They're proved to be a scam and pure bullshit promises.. google can always help to answer your question or inquiries

- worst customer service
- will delay your equipment for 6 - 12 months.. worst wont deliver it at all
- will promise you and they wont do it
- you get scammed
zenrith

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:00:23 AM

My thoughts so far on BFL...

I ordered 3 x 60gh units when they first came out.  It took BFL months to bring them to market.  by the time the product arrived, they were just nearing obsolescence.  Granted, electricity is cheap where I live and I mined with them for over a full year.

Move ahead to 28nm era... I ordered several of the new monarchs.  BFL was late.. very late with their delivery.  When they arrived, the price had been reduced to compensate and deals had been struck.  Plus, BFL was raided by some US agency for non-compliance and breach of trust.

Would I buy from BFL again?  no..  did BFL seriously harm BTC.. yes, in the short term.  Do I continue to support cryptos?  yes.

BFL also seriously harmed US business credibility in the crypto field.  This company had a great opportunity to release a state of the art product and to become a leader in the crypto market and instead, it squandered this potential for a quick buck.

I can only hope BFL will honor the court ordered refunds and continue refunding until all funds are returned.

BTW:  When did BFL shut down the forum?
BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:06:39 PM

Butterfly Labs was the first company to publicly let their customers down!

Many miners lost money because the company simply couldn't deliver them the equippment on time or simply didn't received them.
Until recently they were involved on a court battle.
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:10:12 PM

[...]Until recently they were involved on a court battle.

They still are (look at my sig. for details about it)...

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
justmyname

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:05:22 PM

At least Butterfly Labs were capable of making miners and eventually sent out working products. Most of these companies never deliver anything and run with the money.

I advise against it. But if you must buy a minor use a credit card and paypal. That way. If they don't deliver by the date promised you can get a refund whether they want to or not. If you use Bitcoin you will have to sue to get your money back if that is possible.
umair01

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:34:00 AM

I think your better off ordering the product you want from ebay or any other online store than you put a order on them as it would take so many weeks or even months before the get it deliver to you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: