Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:32:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 BTC from the forum now frozen due to lack of moderation  (Read 3852 times)
BitBlitz

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:38:25 PM

You can complain all you like about me being a treasurer "with a wife" as I guess you'd prefer all treasurers should have no wife (maybe @theymos should have stated that you are not allowed to be married to be a "treasurer" for this forum).

Call it what you want, but you're not a treasurer if you keep trusted money where someone else can seize them on a whim-- only to defend their action and support their demands on the forum.

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 05:40:53 PM

Call it what you want, but you're not a treasurer if you keep trusted money where someone else can seize them on a whim-- only to defend their action and support their demands on the forum.

So you don't need to keep going on about it - just PM @theymos and I will send the funds to the address he wants me to as soon as I can do so.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 05:44:23 PM

It's surprising that when one threatens the MODs, they delete the posts which are offensive else other offensive posts aren't delete. What hypocrisy? I thought all members are treated equally here but no, it's only a place where people can threaten and get their work done.

It is indeed sad that the moderation on bitcointalk.org sucks so badly.

I will report those comments against me to the cyber crime cell. Those comments are definitely not to be entertained on a discussion forum unless the MODs hate women to an extent that they love them being abused. Moderation definitely is the worse here.

Tomorrow anyone will threaten to kill someone and even commit such a crime but still those comments will be entertained here.

Panthers52

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 05:44:48 PM

It should be pretty clear that this was a sad extortion attempt to get posts deleted that you did not like. What is even more sad is that someone seems to have complied with your demands.

You must think that you are a "genius" so congratulations on your incredible research.

If getting ridiculously nasty posts removed is somehow a "bad thing" then for sure I am guilty.

I don't think those posts were off topic. I do think that person does not deserve any kind of respect considering how he speaks and presents himself and he will be ignored by most. He does still have the right to have an opinion despite how unpopular it is.

I would have less problems with having the posts removed if they were not removed under the threat of never seeing 50 BTC again.

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:45:02 PM

What a bizarre situation..  Shocked

OP was definitely veiled as a threat though. "Remove the posts or the 50 BTC could disappear". Not a smart thing to do when you're holding funds.

The mod team is infamous for only removing posts which don't add to the discussion (spam). Dox's, pedophile accusations, obviously carded items, threats, bribes, and scams are just some of things moderation won't get involved with. Why do you feel your situation is special? Because you hold forum funds?

You left your BCT logged in and open on a thread where you were being insulted and then walked away long enough for your wife to come by and snoop through the thread? Surrrrrrrreee. Sounds like you just got offended by what someone said and tried to use your forum "position" to influence its deletion. Again, not smart.
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:47:37 PM

Hey CIYAM, dont mind administrators and moderators or whatever. We know that you did well job in cyrpto world and still doing. We believe you and suport you. If you need help or support just leave a message. We ll be here with all of our team. You are the not only legendary for the forum also you are legendary for us. We love you

Sincerely
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 05:51:02 PM

Not everyone on this forum supports *haters*.

But for those that do then you should not be surprised to see yourself or your loved ones made the targets of "assholes" that only care about being assholes.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 05:52:15 PM

Unfortunately my wife saw these posts by some forum troll:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1081959.msg11558613#msg11558613
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1081959.msg11558833#msg11558833

I sent numerous reports to mods to delete the off-topic posts but they seemingly decided that such posts are "fine and dandy" in this forum.

Result is that my wife has now confiscated my off-line computer that has the 50 BTC that the forum has asked me to look after.

Jeepers! Just when I'm lulled into thinking that things can't get even crazier around here...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 06:13:20 PM

You can complain all you like about me being a treasurer "with a wife" as I guess you'd prefer all treasurers should have no wife (maybe @theymos should have stated that you are not allowed to be married to be a "treasurer" for this forum).

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Not everyone on this forum supports *haters*.

No one supports haters. What we do support is 1 rule for all. We've all been attacked by similar posts in the past, me included by seriouscoin. That doesn't give us the right to try and swivel what power we have over others to get a different rule applied.

olcaytu2005
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 06:16:00 PM

if i say " fuck off @dogie " my post will delete??
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 06:19:46 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2015, 06:33:03 PM by LaudaM

I wonder if the forum will ever see a week without any drama? I was surprised at the amount of replies that the thread got within a few hours.
You know this sounds like extortion right? Read your post objectively and tell me it doesn't.
This was my first thought exactly. However, once this situation (hopefully) gets resolved CIYAM should return the funds.
You have proven that you aren't capable of keeping them safe. To avoid future issues you should just give them back.
You've got a nice wife there.  Roll Eyes

Possibly. This depends if there is anything else in your post; if there isn't, it should be considered off topic.

Update: Corrections.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
olcaytu2005
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 06:22:14 PM

Possibly. This depends if there is nothing else in your post; it should be considered off topic in that case.

Hmmm. Interesting. then mods have to accept all insults like an off-topic and delete it.  Sorry @dogie it was just an example Cheesy
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 11:28:47 PM

I am also married with kids and my wife would never go off the deep end like that. Not going to say anything bad about your wife, but that behavior is not normal. You seem pretty unhappy with these boards so probably best if you return the funds and find a new forum. Really not trying to be negative, but this entire thread is beyond ridiculous.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 12:03:05 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 12:18:20 AM by TECSHARE

Of course I am sure most forum members don't want to see such a topic but unfortunately I had my offline computer taken from me and have no other way to regain control of the 50 BTC that I am holding for the forum.

If you think it is fine that the forum should just allows insults of everyone's partners then please start insulting the mods partners as clearly that should be okay (am sure they will all be very happy to have their wives read posts about being "maids").

While I have often been critical of the mods/staff here, this course of action is not appropriate for several reasons.

1. As the custodian for the coins, the fact that you physically lost control of them is your legal responsibility. It doesn't really matter how this happened. Also, why do you not have backups?

2. Your wife effectively committed an act of theft, not just from you, but also all donators to the forum. This puts her personally under criminal liability.

3. Because this is all based on a criminal act she is also likely liable to be charged with extortion as well because of the demands made based on the offer of return of stolen property.

This is not good for either of you. I hope you can help her understand this for both of your sakes. While I understand the frustration with how this forum is run, this will only cause more problems for you, her, and others.
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 12:04:42 AM

You deflect every request for proof by saying 'talk to my wife'

I'll take her off your hands.  How can I get in contact with her?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 12:11:03 AM

You deflect every request for proof by saying 'talk to my wife'

I'll take her off your hands.  How can I get in contact with her?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbsMZecRgbI
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:57:49 AM

Of course I am sure most forum members don't want to see such a topic but unfortunately I had my offline computer taken from me and have no other way to regain control of the 50 BTC that I am holding for the forum.

If you think it is fine that the forum should just allows insults of everyone's partners then please start insulting the mods partners as clearly that should be okay (am sure they will all be very happy to have their wives read posts about being "maids").

While I have often been critical of the mods/staff here, this course of action is not appropriate for several reasons.

1. As the custodian for the coins, the fact that you physically lost control of them is your legal responsibility. It doesn't really matter how this happened. Also, why do you not have backups?

2. Your wife effectively committed an act of theft, not just from you, but also all donators to the forum. This puts her personally under criminal liability.

3. Because this is all based on a criminal act she is also likely liable to be charged with extortion as well because of the demands made based on the offer of return of stolen property.

This is not good for either of you. I hope you can help her understand this for both of your sakes. While I understand the frustration with how this forum is run, this will only cause more problems for you, her, and others.

That's what should happen then. Legal action should be taken against her. I'm sure their is someone on the forums that will Pro-bono this case and can proceed with the appropriate course of action against her. If the OP is indeed trying to extort the forum into doing what he wishes, then he to should be charged. A formal motion itself is easy enough to file by any person that this pretains to directly. A lawyer is recommended, but not needed if you can learn the law pretaining to this matter.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 01:48:10 AM

A formal motion itself is easy enough to file by any person that this pretains to directly. A lawyer is recommended, but not needed if you can learn the law pretaining to this matter.

That is never recommended, as soon as the other lawyer knows you're learning as you go they'll just string the case out meaninglessly until you withdraw. No one wins, just pay for a lawyer.

tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:56:30 AM

A formal motion itself is easy enough to file by any person that this pretains to directly. A lawyer is recommended, but not needed if you can learn the law pretaining to this matter.

That is never recommended, as soon as the other lawyer knows you're learning as you go they'll just string the case out meaninglessly until you withdraw. No one wins, just pay for a lawyer.

That is true, but just from personal experience, judges usually go above and beyond to help anybody that is representing thereselves to try and guide them in the correct path. Now this does not mean that the judge will side in the favor of the "prosecution" or "defense". I do agree that legal representation should be retained and only the individual proceed if you have suffecient law training. Honestly though, it should have never came to this point and should be handled like a adult. Not like a child that didn't get the toy they wanted. Which is exactly what he/she/they are doing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: