Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:31:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So when are we going to look into really finding Pirate?  (Read 4290 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 07:01:19 PM

I don't care if it's private or what I just think someone needs to start busting some balls.

I think that is why private was in bold.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DigitalHermit

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Thank you! Thank you! ...

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 07:17:47 PM

I expect that if he does not pay or start to pay those of us that lost the most (and everyone else) within a few months we will get together, pool our resourses and go after him.

Was there a contract you agreed to when investing with Pirate? If so can you post the text of the contract and/or indicate if were there any default remedy/recourse clauses in the contract? Was there a risk disclosure?
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 07:19:12 PM

I expect that if he does not pay or start to pay those of us that lost the most (and everyone else) within a few months we will get together, pool our resourses and go after him.

The longer you wait, the smaller chance you have of getting the money back.

Signature space available for rent.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 07:30:44 PM

I say hell with the 'few months'. If a shovel ready initiative is floated, I'm likely to jump on board.

At this point, I might be molliified by an actual open audit by a capable trustworthy party into his operation. As I posted elsewhere, I am still open to the possibility that BST was at least initially a good-faith business attempt. I can live with a failed biz. But all anyone has heard from him since is a lot of self-serving passive-aggressive bullshit -- at least heard publicly. A person in his claimed position (i.e. failed biz) should be bending over backwards to provide his creditors with information.

But if this was a scam from the outset, I would expect that any initiative in which I was involved would prosecute him to the extent that any other felon who stole x USD worth of private property would.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Enigma81

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 09:17:19 PM

We just need a few locals to exercise their right to free speech and picket his house, while also exercising their Texas right to open carry.
Texas doesn't have an open carry law.

I'm not sure what the texas rules are, but if they're is no law, then it's ok to do.  Michigan doesn't have an open-carry law, so I'm free to open carry here.

We don't have a green shirt law either, so, I'm free to wear a green shirt any time I please.
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 09:23:42 PM

IMHO, either Pirate is Mr. Shavers or nobody is ever going to find him.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 09:42:10 PM

put up a bounty...

let people contribute to the  bounty

let the bitcoin bounty hunters do the rest.

max in montreal

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 09:43:32 PM

for the right price i would find him, the question is where would you want him delivered...
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 10:27:52 PM

ShadowAlexey
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 10:32:14 PM

Man has 500k btc, if someone would return all funds to investors, they would agree to pay him 1% of sum. Which brings us to 5k btc bounty, think thats enough...
max in montreal

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:01:46 PM

5k is not enough, 50k would be worth the trip to texas...Just highering a lawyer would be way more than 5 k...think about it, i have to get him and hold him somewhere...this would not be done legally... Wink
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 11:10:27 PM

Man has 500k btc, if someone would return all funds to investors, they would agree to pay him 1% of sum. Which brings us to 5k btc bounty, think thats enough...

Unless a new name-your-own-fee-bounty-hunter (Bounty CoinHunters Inc.[?]) enters the scene. Such a person, or team, would track down the fink(s), use what ever means is possible to have the bitcoins transferred to a new account, then announce to the community that such-and-such took place (sans any crimson details), and the returning of 90% of all bitcoins recovered will now be returned to their previous owner.

Since the internet is the new TV, and "Dog" seems be without a contract, he could do what some other fallen stars have done--create their own internet show. Dog the Coinhunter does have a nice ring to it. What's nice about this idea is than he wouldn't need a license in any state or country to do this.

~Bruno~

5k is not enough, 50k would be worth the trip to texas...Just highering a lawyer would be way more than 5 k...think about it, i have to get him and hold him somewhere...this would not be done legally... Wink

We cross-posted, but on the same page as to the fee, but my idea eliminates the lawyer(s).
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:40:39 AM

He doesn't have 500k in BTC. lol

He has nothing. It's a ponzi scheme, so all funds get paid out as interest payments until he can no longer get new funds and they dry up, ponzi goes bust, he disappears.

You could sue each other to claw back interest payments, since it was probably your money who went to everybody else. There's nothing left to recover. Madoff had nothing to show for his $50+ billion ponzi.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 01:58:20 AM

I'm doing my God Damned best, but my last efforts have all been for not. I found a strong connection between Pirate and Global Oil Fund, but all those posts have been removed.

I am not very happy now.

~Bruno~

Who removed them?

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Bugpowder

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:10:31 AM

He doesn't have 500k in BTC. lol

He has nothing. It's a ponzi scheme, so all funds get paid out as interest payments until he can no longer get new funds and they dry up, ponzi goes bust, he disappears.

You could sue each other to claw back interest payments, since it was probably your money who went to everybody else. There's nothing left to recover. Madoff had nothing to show for his $50+ billion ponzi.

So then who owned the bitcoin address that had 500k coins in it and then started shipping coins off in large chunks to many other addresses after the scheme broke down?  Total # of coins exchange could be >>500k with 500 being the peak when all the cash out reqs happened.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 04:06:13 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2012, 04:52:20 AM by CoinCidental

IMHO, either Pirate is Mr. Shavers or nobody is ever going to find himlook for him apart from a couple of people who searched on google   Roll Eyes

FTFY

as time passes this will just drift into the background and thanks to MNW 3 valuable weeks have been wasted which are arguably the 3 most important weeks following any crime to catch him

the more time hes got to distance himself from the money and prepare  hard luck stories the less chance anyone has of being repaid .............
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 04:26:20 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2012, 12:18:32 AM by DeathAndTaxes

Exactly. More than enough information has been know about Mr. Shavers for weeks now.  No victim has done anything, not a single thing.  I don't even think anything non-constructive (prank phone calls, or vandalism) has been done.  The victims have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  It isn't for a lack of information.  Hell if you were a real investor you had all the info before sending him a single coin.

Why?
1) For weeks many continued to defend him.
2) For weeks many bought into the whole delayed payout, needing more info, shifting the blame to PPT, Matt idiot gamble, etc, etc, etc.  
It was designed to delay, obfuscate, and gradually get you use to the idea that you weren't ever seeing your coins again.   If you held out even the slightest hope in the past 3 weeks well it worked.  

So pick one:
a) hire a laywer
b) meet him at his front door with baseball bats
c) STFU

How many threads are needed?  Do something or don't but there are like 200,000 posts related to the scam.  Does anyone really think talking about it for a couple more weeks is going to make Bitcoins rain out the sky?  Really?  If "one more thead" going to magically convince Mr. Shavers to just hand your coins back?

TL/DR:
The reality is if you haven't already done anything, you AREN'T going to do anything.  Being honest with yourself is the first step in resolving a problem. Just admit it to yourself, what Pirate already knows, that you aren't going to do a single thing about it.  He got away with your money and you know deep down you already know you aren't going to do anything.  If you were you would have talked to a lawyer or driven to Texas with your bat weeks ago.  Once you are honest with yourself you can move forward with your lives and maybe stop posting about what someone "should" do.

BTW: I heard Rusty is offering 3% per week.  Just put twice as much money into Rusty's "super secret can't share any details money making biz" and in a couple months you will have even more money than before Pirate defaulted.  It is that easy.  You believed it the magic once, why not believe in it again.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:35:46 AM

Wow has pirate said anything lately? lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:47:16 AM

Wow has pirate said anything lately? lol

someone posted a recent IRC paste which said something like :

are the PPT owners that didnt comply going to get paid ?

and the answer was something like :

they will have to fend for themselves on the high seas  Cheesy.......... or something like that

i think i may have read it in the bitcoinmax thread but so many similar pirate threads thesedays .....Sad

zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 08:07:08 PM

I'm doing my God Damned best, but my last efforts have all been for not. I found a strong connection between Pirate and Global Oil Fund, but all those posts have been removed.

I am not very happy now.

~Bruno~

Who removed them?

That would be interesting.......as pirate sometimes seems to be made appear and disappear and tell this and that in IRC.

Cheers Zyk
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: