Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:43:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Christopher Lee, Legendary Movie Villain and Horror Icon, Dies at 93  (Read 1432 times)
Aggressor66 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:08:14 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/christopher-lee-legendary-movie-villain-and-121265764947.html

Christopher Lee, the mystical British actor whose haunting, intimidating performances as Count Dracula, the Frankenstein monster and Fu Manchu made him an icon of horror films and the cinematic embodiment of villainy, has died. He was 93.

Lee, who as bad guy Scaramanga battled Roger Moore’s James Bond in The Man With the Golden Gun (1974) and re-ignited his career in his late 70s with what would be recurring roles in the Lord of the Rings, Hobbit and Star Wars franchises, has died. He was 93.

According to media reports, Lee died on Sunday morning, June 7 at Westminster Hospital in London after being admitted for respiratory problems and heart failure.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:24:08 PM

Dam, well he had a good innings at least.  He has been in some top films in recent years pretty amazing considering he would have been in his 80s at the time. RIP.
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:39:23 PM

We've lost one of the greatest actors ever, a truly sad day. It's hard to believe really, despite of his age
UliJonHoth

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:43:29 PM

Really sad to see him go, an old favorite of mine from the Hammer films growing-up, he was also a big fan of heavy metal. Rest In Peace.

Filming a scene in Return of the King (seen only in the extended version), when Grima Wormtongue (Brad Dourif) stabs Saruman in the back on top of the tower, Christopher Lee corrected Peter Jackson on the fact that when a person is stabbed in the back of the chest, they do not scream (as the director wanted), in fact the air is pushed out of their lungs and they “groan” with an exhalation of air, very quietly, as their lungs have been punctured.

From Peter Jackson’s DVD commentary: “When I was shooting the stabbing shot with Christopher, as a director would, I was explaining to him what he should do… And he says, ‘Peter, have you ever heard the sound a man makes when he’s stabbed in the back?’ And I said, 'Um, no.’ And he says 'Well, I have, and I know what to do.’”

The crew said that they knew Christopher Lee had been in the British Royal Air Force Intelligence Service in World War Two, and they didn’t really push him for more information about how he knew in such detail exactly what noise a person makes when this is done to them.

He wouldn’t have told them anyway.

When pressed by an eager interviewer on his SAS past, he leaned forward and whispered: “Can you keep a secret?”

“Yes!” the interviewer replied, breathless with excitement.

“So can I.” replied a smiling Lee, sitting back in his chair.
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 07:53:13 PM

He's with the force now.

jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:08:11 PM

"The journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it; White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise" - Gandalf.
RIP Christopher Lee.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:26:47 PM

Did not remember how many great roles he played until I read his wiki. RIP. He will be remembered for his great works as Saruman, Scaramanga, and Count Dooku.
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 09:14:35 PM

Did not remember how many great roles he played until I read his wiki. RIP. He will be remembered for his great works as Saruman, Scaramanga, and Count Dooku.

Count dooku da best. Sad hi din't kill Anakin =(

saturn643

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:35:11 PM

A star of over 200 films. He really is an incredible person.
Rest in peace and may the force be with you.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 12:27:44 AM

Misty.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:24:56 AM

In the end everyone will dead and there's nothing we can do about it.
RIP  Embarrassed
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 06:17:05 AM

He will be missed. For me he will remain as Saruman and Count Dooku.
He acted almost till the end, participating in the filming of the Hobbit over telebridge, when he could no longer travel to the other side of the world to the set...

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:47:35 PM

He had such an amazing deep powerful voice, with such huge stage presense.
RIP.

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:00:25 PM

R.I.P 93 is a good age, and he lived a wondrous long life, full of accomplishments. It's a shame he's gone, but he will not be forgotten.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:07:07 PM

Forget Dooku and Saruman, he will always be Lord Summerisle to me.

He is the posterboy for a life well lived.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1126

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:01:37 PM

Sir Christopher Lee, one of the best actor in the world. Deserved an Honorary Oscar, fluent in few foreign languages, and have made Heavy Metal albums. I think no actor can be compared to him. He is da real MVP

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 07:34:12 PM

That third nipple sucked the life out of him. (Too soon?)

RIP Christopher Lee.

"Smoking too much medicinal marijuana gives me a really bad case of the munchies."

mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:13:36 PM

Christopher Lee fought with the SAS in the second world war, is one of the most iconic actors of the past century and has a heavy metal album out. He's had the most incredible life, and his memory will live on.
dblink

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:04:15 PM

Christopher Lee, the mystical British actor whose haunting, intimidating performances as Count Dracula, the Frankenstein monster and Fu Manchu made him an icon of horror films and the cinematic embodiment of villainy, has died. He was 93.

Lee, who as bad guy Scaramanga battled Roger Moore’s James Bond in The Man With the Golden Gun (1974) and re-ignited his career in his late 70s with what would be recurring roles in the Lord of the Rings, Hobbit and Star Wars franchises, has died. He was 93.

He is not only the best actor but a good singer too. With his operatic bass voice, Lee sang on the The Wicker Man soundtrack, performing Paul Giovanni's psych folk composition, "The Tinker of Rye". He sang the closing credits song of the 1994 horror film Funny Man. During the height of Italo disco, he provided vocals to Kathy Joe Daylor's song "Little Witch".

scott btc

Activity: 356

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:36:35 PM

Great actor,. He has always seemed so genuinely happy to be part of things, be it new films or meeting his fans. It's a loss to us all.   R.I.P
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: