Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:38:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 17-year-old Bitcoiner faces prison for tweeting about... You guessed it! Bitcoin  (Read 8480 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 08:14:18 PM

BCX can confirm that 3-4 years ago no matter how bad the news was everyone believed that any news was good for Bitcoin. Going by that logic you should all support the little psycho because he's promoting Bitcoin. Times are changing I guess. This forum disgusts me now because all the new people are level headed and normal. lol

I think the reason is because every news about bitcoin WERE actually good news. There were no politicians or bankers that feared the impact of bitcoin because none of them realized how big this will become. So all the bitcoin nerds sat around and found their magical internet money mentioned in the news. GREAT... Wink

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 11:02:27 AM

BCX can confirm that 3-4 years ago no matter how bad the news was everyone believed that any news was good for Bitcoin. Going by that logic you should all support the little psycho because he's promoting Bitcoin. Times are changing I guess. This forum disgusts me now because all the new people are level headed and normal. lol

I think the reason is because every news about bitcoin WERE actually good news. There were no politicians or bankers that feared the impact of bitcoin because none of them realized how big this will become. So all the bitcoin nerds sat around and found their magical internet money mentioned in the news. GREAT... Wink

I think they have known and realized what bitcoin is and what can bitcoin do to the world. Maybe they are discussing about bitcoin since it could affected bank and mastercard. Do you think they still calm after hear the news? We just sitting here to wait news about other effect of bitcoin in our economy and technology.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:32:04 PM

well banks worryed for sure mastercard visa paypal ebay several companies worryed on those ,if apple and microsoft accept bitcoins the others would use it  soo we will start achieving big places on the next years they cant stop bitcoin now is too late for it Grin bitcoin has is own space already as altcoins getting them.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:29:55 AM

You are correct, four years ago, any news was considered good news and times have changed.

Maybe it isn't so wise to "Question Authority" any longer.

Sooner or later, you will comply!

~BCX~
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 07:08:32 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 11:57:07 AM by Amph

there was a similar case of a minor guy that was insulting someone else when they were playing on counter strike and a received a complaint, and afterward he faced prison as well

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 07:56:38 AM

there was a similar case of a minor guy that was insulting someone else when they were playing on counter strike and a received a complaint, and afterward he faced prison as well

Prison for an insult? Are you sure that you didnt miss something? I cant imagine that naming or insulting would possibly bring you into jail in the US. Even with hate speak, racist things or something. Nothing of that should be worth prison. Oo

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 11:57:18 AM

Prison for an insult? Are you sure that you didnt miss something? I cant imagine that naming or insulting would possibly bring you into jail in the US. Even with hate speak, racist things or something. Nothing of that should be worth prison. Oo

i'm trying to find the source it happened 1-2 years ago

i can't find it for now, but there is this similar cases

http://www.businessinsider.com/people-arrested-for-facebook-posts-2013-7?op=1&IR=T

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/06/29/texas-teen-facing-eight-years-after-violent-league-of-legends-threat/
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 12:35:27 PM

i'm trying to find the source it happened 1-2 years ago

i can't find it for now, but there is this similar cases

http://www.businessinsider.com/people-arrested-for-facebook-posts-2013-7?op=1&IR=T

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/06/29/texas-teen-facing-eight-years-after-violent-league-of-legends-threat/

Ah, these things. Its really dangerous to live in the US. It seems no one there recognizes irony. They should at least check if there is anything that supports the claim he planned something like that.

Im happy that i do not live their not seldom. Smiley

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:43:39 PM

In my opinion everybody have the right to use Bitcoin whoever they are...whatever they are Banker, President, Emperor, Students or even Terorist....They have the same right to use bitcoin as same as they We use USD same as they
That is not the problem here. You can't prevent bitcoin usage by ISIS exactly as you can't forbid them from buying supplies for USD or any other FIAT.
The problem is an action of that stupid boy who tweeted how ISIS can utilize bitcoin and how it can help them. That is the problem here. How different that is from showing someone how to create a bomb?
bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:56:32 PM

So much for being the land of the free. The title is misleading and sensationalist though. Pretty sure he's not facing prison for tweeting about bitcoin.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 02:10:52 PM

So much for being the land of the free. The title is misleading and sensationalist though. Pretty sure he's not facing prison for tweeting about bitcoin.

When you get prison for joking about making a school massacre and eathing the living hearts of the kids then its more than likely that he will face prison.

Though with the massacre... its a pity that they dont understand irony. They should check if there are other signs that he would do this and not take a joke to send someone to jail.

Though this guy here did help terrorism by explaining how to do it. And he helped and convinced someone to go there and help isis in their fight. So far its pretty clear to me that he really supported terrorism. Someone that sick in the head should be punished. Too bad that he became that way in such a young age. Would he had time then he most probably would change and look at is as a stupid youth thing. Though he went too far.

knowhow

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:13:16 PM

after the 11 september all kinds of joke looks forbidden.... no more USA or other country left any bad joke without punishement.. about this child well for sure there isnt love near it... but well these is the things we cant control or educate as fathers as mothers.... childs choose their way we only try to make them choose the righ way.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:00:57 PM

Anyway we are expecting that he will get his rights as human rights. 

Yeah.. whenever some lowlife terrorist gets arrested, we can expect this outcry that his human rights are being violated. What about the Yazidis and Christians of Syria and Iraq? What about their human rights? What about the human rights of the 9-year old Yazidi girl, who became pregnant as a result of gang rape by the ISIS? ISIS terrorists don't deserve any human rights, since they are not human.

What your country has done to other humans is insanely disgusting.. Daily rapings, anal feedings.. etc.. and you think you're leaders should be the ones to throw the stones?  You are in no position to claim who is a sub human.
Alecabel

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:40:08 PM

╲╲ ╲╲ COINOMAT.COM  ▬▬▬ WITHDRAW YOUR CRYPTO TO ANY BANK CARD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╱╱ ╱╱                                    INSTANT CRYPTOCURRENCY & FIAT EXCHANGE ✔       |  Vote For New Coins  |  Visit our Twitter |
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
JR77

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:48:21 PM

I think it's about those kids trying to find meaning in their lives but finding them in the wrong places.

╲╲ ╲╲ COINOMAT.COM  ▬▬▬ WITHDRAW YOUR CRYPTO TO ANY BANK CARD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╱╱ ╱╱                                    INSTANT CRYPTOCURRENCY & FIAT EXCHANGE ✔       |  Vote For New Coins  |  Visit our Twitter |
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
knowhow

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:01:22 PM

well there is soo many ways to live doesnt need to be a show off to others meet those kid... he asked attencion and punished bitcoin again.. maybe some company behind this two matches..... ilegal and bitcoin together.... the news sounds like that
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:04:59 PM

Harsh punishement for tweet, but he probably won't go to jail.
He will learn from that, that words have power and he should think before posting.
knowhow

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:21:56 PM

well its a teenager soo why media giving soo many attention on it .... all days a people dies from black market ..... they should focus in protect childs instead be bla bla bitcoins again lol.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: