Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:20:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Choosing a PSU  (Read 2573 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 12:22:44 PM

Ok, say I ended up getting a CSM750, not the CX750.
It's an improved semi-modular, Gold-rated version of the CX750 - http://www.corsair.com/en/cs-series-modular-cs750m-750-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-psu

I thought it would have 4 separate PCIe cables but there are in fact only 2 cables, with 2 PCIe plugs on both.... Angry

Should I 100% get a refund and buy something else, or will the above be ok?
I'm at the stage now where I just want to get it powered and running.

No you will want to go trade it in for one with 4 pcie cables. You seem to be sticking with Corsair brand.  If you are really wanting that brand I suggest the RM1000.  You will have zero issues using it.

When your looking at pci-e cables they most likely will list each plug.   So if you sort by ones with 4, you are going to get a lot of PSU's with 4 plugs but being powered by 2 cables.
BitMainBuyer (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:09:38 PM

No you will want to go trade it in for one with 4 pcie cables. You seem to be sticking with Corsair brand.  If you are really wanting that brand I suggest the RM1000.  You will have zero issues using it.

When your looking at pci-e cables they most likely will list each plug.   So if you sort by ones with 4, you are going to get a lot of PSU's with 4 plugs but being powered by 2 cables.
I returned the PSU and got the GX1050 instead, for the same price. The Cougar has 4 separate cables and the S5 is whizzing away as I type this  Grin

It's running at 49 degress on stock, but I'm going to change it and add 2 Corsair SP120's I also bought...Will be interesting to see how much quieter it is, but also how much hotter it will be without stock.

Now I just need to figure out what all those numbers mean on the S5 dashboard!

Edit - I noticed for the past 5 or so minutes it's actually been mining at around 1300 GH/S. Thought it was odd considering it's running stock..
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 11:29:02 AM

Ok, say I ended up getting a CSM750, not the CX750.
It's an improved semi-modular, Gold-rated version of the CX750 - http://www.corsair.com/en/cs-series-modular-cs750m-750-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-psu

I thought it would have 4 separate PCIe cables but there are in fact only 2 cables, with 2 PCIe plugs on both.... Angry

Should I 100% get a refund and buy something else, or will the above be ok?
I'm at the stage now where I just want to get it powered and running.

I can tell you for sure this one has SIX separate PCIe two built in with plugs attacked if you don't mind that and 4 separate PCIe you can plugs four more PCI plugs into. it comes with all the plugs you need.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0090I9W66?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

but it cost a ton now i see i have two i got a deal on  back 7 month ago for 90 each brand new. Smiley .

wow  399 $ for a new one and 105 $ for used  .There are nice I can say that, but 399 $ for a new one .I guess i was just lucky.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 11:44:55 PM

Folks, soon I will possess an S5. I am now looking to buy a PSU.

At some point in the future, it may be anywhere from 2-10 months, I will probably get another miner such as S7 etc.

Couple of questions -
1) Should I get a PSU that will support future miners? Ie. get something like a 1300-1500W PSU?
2) If yes, surely this will be overkill for a single S5 and will end up costing me more in electricity bills?
3) Should I instead get something like a 750W PSU and then later in the year buy another PSU if/when I need one?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Check out http://www.gigampz.com  They make a PSU specifically for BTC mining based off and Intel Platinum efficiency sever PSU they have the on sale right now for $113 It is a phenomenal deal you won't find a higher quality more efficient PSU for that price.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: