Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:05:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Alt-Coins after leaving BTC behind years ago. Any advice?  (Read 1970 times)
Chew Kok

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:50:55 AM

Since you're asking for innovative features, NXT has the biggest set of them - you can get a quick overview on the NXT Wikipedia article.

NXT has a pretty big presence on this form, so you will get a lot of their shills coming soon calling me an idiot, while trashing their competitors XRP and BTS, while providing links to all of their wonderful Assets that have absolutely no volume.

So true! But you are an idiot and XRP and BTS suck... let me provide a link to this wonderful asset paying dividends made from the nxt-to-the-moon game...  Kiss

Sorry, but how many VC are investing in NXT? (XRP adds millionaires like you idiots add worthless assets). How many TPS can NXT do? (BTS can do 40x more than visa and MC combined). Yeah, facts suck! Go get em NXTers. Squeeze what's left of these cherries. Maybe one day someone who isn't an idiot like ThomasVeil, and has a lot more money, will actually take you guys serious. For now... you are nothing but a floundering never was. Yeah, but we have a cool wallet!!!!!! Who gives a shit! You have too many whales just waiting to dump. That's the reason nobody wil touch it. Fuckin clueless investors. Or should I say wannabe speculators. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe! You like Chew N Kok Tommy?  Lips sealed

Btw... I also own NXT. The wallet is pretty cool.

not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:50:27 AM

Don't listen to the Bitcoin bagholders who of course want to tell you Bitcoin would be superior but we all know it isn't.
Don't be fooled by the Bitcoin bagholders.
Some interesting alts out there. Bitcoin is in trouble right now alts make sense.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:58:26 AM

Sorry, but how many VC are investing in NXT? (XRP adds millionaires like you idiots add worthless assets). How many TPS can NXT do? (BTS can do 40x more than visa and MC combined). Yeah, facts suck! Go get em NXTers. Squeeze what's left of these cherries. Maybe one day someone who isn't an idiot like ThomasVeil, and has a lot more money, will actually take you guys serious. For now... you are nothing but a floundering never was. Yeah, but we have a cool wallet!!!!!! Who gives a shit! You have too many whales just waiting to dump. That's the reason nobody wil touch it. Fuckin clueless investors. Or should I say wannabe speculators. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe! You like Chew N Kok Tommy?  Lips sealed

Btw... I also own NXT. The wallet is pretty cool.

NXT has got to #8 on CMC (and has been higher) without any VC involvement. Extra cash would always be useful, but NXT doesn't need to beg. Unlike a lot of crypto projects...how much VC cash has BTS burned through to get to its current position ?

Your TPS numbers are complete balls, btw: BTS claim to have ran a test blockchain at 100,000 TPS.
Mastercard is capable of processing something in the region of 20,000 TPS at maximum capacity, we can assume VISA has a similar number. This gives a combined total of 40,000 TPS, which makes your claim of '40x more' kind of unlikely, especially if you try doing it in the real world.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Scalability

Mastercard and Visa achieve these processing speeds thru the use of very large, centralised data centers.I'm gonna assume that BTS will have to throw out any pretence at decentralisation in order to make their 100,000 TPS happen. You'll need the VC investment then, as full-on data centers do not come cheap.
Take a look at what you need:
http://www.mastercard.com/us/company/en/docs/A_Look_Inside_GTO_Brochure_July_2009.pdf

Roll Eyes

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
NoBit

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 12:11:26 PM

I find Siacoin very interesting: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1060294.0

Bitrated user: nobit.
Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 12:36:32 PM

I don't know about one alt coin in favor of all the others, as I don't think there is one. Bitcoin still seems the long-term deal, however, I like the following:

Counterparty XCP, has a strong utility use when issuing assets which may grow.
BlackCoin if they ever get a decentralized 'ebay' up and running
Ripple, because they are positioning themselves as the ultimate middleman between crypto-fiat, and seek mainstream adoption
StartCoin, as it has an infrastructure of various products and well-known name backing

I still fancy Litecoin, but it's not anything really special, by that I mean it has no other utility except for being Bitcoin No.2. Still think it might one day appreciate around the 1/3 of Bitcoin mark.

Search for coins with secondary use. There are some interesting projects on counterparty.io such as GEMZ, which may or may not go anywhere but are cheap. With those kinds of stock/tokens/coins look for burning, as that's always a good sign.

I think there will be many more crypto-stock assets issued that will be where there is strong growth within a year or so (maybe, speculating here.)

I picked up some WOODSHARES the other day that will apparently pay me dividends when they sell the timber they grow. Will it actually make me any money? No idea. But crypto-stocks are really an interesting area of growth.
EvilDave

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:23:47 PM

Yup, I'm with you on plurality......if we look at every market across the globe, there are very few that are dominated by one single player, and those are generally as scammy as fuck. Think DeBeers and diamonds.....

Everywhere else, in every free market (apply your own definition of 'free' here) there is always a small group of leaders, and a pile of smaller enterprises bringing up the rear.
To think that only one crypto-currency is going to survive in the long term (next 10-20 years) is very short sighted.

Crypto assets are going to be a big growth market, and NXT is the most accessible and usable crypto-platform for Assets.   

Dire

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:25:53 PM

Crypto assets are going to be a big growth market, and NXT is the most accessible and usable crypto-platform for Assets.  

By what standard? How do you quantify most accessible and usable? I'm genuinely curious.

For me at this present time I want my assets on the blockchain with the most capitalization and public interest, which is the Bitcoin blockchain. I don't want them somewhere that can disappear with the wind tomorrow. Although I agree bets should be hedged, I can't see Bitcoin going anywhere really. I can only see an asset on BCBC (bit coin block chain) as more valuable in the long run that anywhere else, because Bitcoin and the blockchain is the most valuable.

Why re-invent the counterparty-bitcoin-blockchain triad?
EvilDave

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 09:55:12 PM

I'm using accessible here from the POV of a project or asset issuer.
NXT is a completely open-source toolkit with no form of barrier to entry, except a small set-up fee.
This leads to a vibrant asset system, take a look at this lot:
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/views/all/

Of the 57 listed assets, NXT-based projects are in the majority and definitely show the most variation: exchanges, games  a USD peg, a cafe, a solar farm, JL777 and his keiretsu constructions.....etc. Not all of these will be successful longterm, of course, but some certainly will.

On usability: NXT is very simple to use, once you stop expecting it to be identical to BTC (and it's clones), and asset issuance is not difficult. Grin
Hey, even I managed it...... Cool

On the re-invention of the XCP/BTC/blockchain triad; NXT was established before CounterParty.
The NXT blockchain has been running solidly and securely for the last 20 months, since Nov 2013, and provides a good alternative to using the BTC blockchain.
As XCP isn't integrated into the BTC core, CounterParty are totally reliant on Bitcoin for their entire operation.
This may well work out, but could give XCP issues in the long term. I'm not going to get into the current 1 vs 20 blocksize debate here, but how will XCP function in a competing BTC forks scenario, for example ?

Anyhow, take a look at NXT:
www.nxt.org
www.nxter.org
www.nxtforum.org

and make your own mind up.......

Dire

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:05:21 AM

Interesting info Dave. I admit I've not looked closely at NXT before. I'll take a closer look at it. Definitely looks underpriced though, so I may get a long position in the coin at the very least.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:11:20 PM

Interesting info Dave. I admit I've not looked closely at NXT before. I'll take a closer look at it. Definitely looks underpriced though, so I may get a long position in the coin at the very least.

You can check out Nxt without downloading the Client or blockchain here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084085.0

Do your own research. My experience is once people try Nxt, they like Nxt.
Braino

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

IRONX - Fully regulated World-Class Exchange

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:19:28 PM

Yup, I'm with you on plurality......if we look at every market across the globe, there are very few that are dominated by one single player, and those are generally as scammy as fuck. Think DeBeers and diamonds.....

Everywhere else, in every free market (apply your own definition of 'free' here) there is always a small group of leaders, and a pile of smaller enterprises bringing up the rear.
To think that only one crypto-currency is going to survive in the long term (next 10-20 years) is very short sighted. 
Well said.

SPX ICO on YoBit will put profit in your pocket and be a player in the long term

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:21:52 PM

Cashed out my bitcoins a few years ago (a little too early, oh well) and I'm looking at getting back into it. I'm more interested in Alt-coins etc, since there seems to be a few problems with BTC imo.

I was just looking for a little advice on good coins to be watching. I'm looking for stuff with real innovation and not just one of the 100s of identical coins I've seen.

After a fair bit of reading, I still haven't found anything I feel I can fully go behind. I'm not massively interested in spreading my bets and using exchanges to profit, I'd just like a coin that, after a little research, I feel that I could invest in. I'm happy to research, so if anyone has any links to any information, I'm happy to have a read. If you just want to recommend your coin, tell me why it's good and different please.

I'm not looking for a cheat sheet, just a bit of friendly advice.

Cheers

X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 09:47:55 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 03:15:10 AM by X68N

Dont listen on fan boys and do your own homework. Investing is a serious task dont gamble.
If you want earn money with investing, there is no shortcut you need to investigate for yourself if you want to succseed.

First start making some statistical analysis. It is critical to ask yourself the right question.
Make an excel sheet, with for example the following facts. (need to be done for every coin seperatly)

___funfamental facts
- Launch date
- Network hasrate
- features (how much competitioners have the same?)
- community size (threads+lengh on this forum, followers on twitter & facebook)
- design
  (is the name mainstream compatible? ask older/midaged people who dont know about coins what they think)
  (how does the official website look,
  (how does the client look like)

___technical analysis facts
- marketcap (http://coinmarketcap.com/)
- trading volume(http://coinmarketcap.com/)
- on how many important exchanges is the coin aviable? (top30) http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/markets/info

___technical analysis facts2
- High , Low since the last bitcoin peak (03.12.2013)
 then look up the actual price and make a relation in excelsheet to calculate how

how much will you loose when the price goes to the last significant low (between 03-12-2013 and today)
how much will you gain when the price reaches the last significant high again?

make a easy risk reward calculation (Gain devided by risk)

I personally look only for gains above 1000% (10 to 1)
Theorecial example:

Coin XXXX is at the Moment at 0.0006 and the last significant peak was 0.01 and the low was 0.0003
So the Gain vs Risk is  16 to 1 or in words
When you invest 100$
your Risk is 50$ (buying price divided by low)
your possible gain is 1500 (1600-100 startcapital)
This is scaleable off course, you can invest more like 500,1000usd and so on.

dont forget to think in long terms. Dont expect to get rich in 2 weeks.
Bitcoin is counted in months/years. So expect an investment time of up to 2 years.
Only use money you cant afford to loose, my advice:
dont invest more than you can earn with your job in 1-1,5 Months!

If you want to learn more, search for investing methods / trading strategies topics and try to adapt them to the crypto world.
crypto coins are traded like stocks but the gains are much higher - like in forex trading.

greetings

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: