Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:41:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I was stolen 100+ BTC, don't know what to do - please help  (Read 2369 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:16:12 AM

If this is true, the question that bothers me is; why are you not posting under your main btc account? You also marked out the nickname in screenshots..
But in any way, even tho i have many years of successful and nice trading experience @ btc-e, i would not recommend they to anyone anymore.
The very fact that they are hiding their identity is enough of a red flag by itself, but i doubt they own the gambling site u mentioned, like some people claim; they have enough profit from fee's, making your story
pretty hard to believe, altho i am not saying it's not true.

cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:21:25 AM

Everybody here seems to agree that btc-e is a bit shady so filing for legal action probably won't do fuck all.
If you really are in the right and these coins were not stolen then hackers maybe your only help.
They won't get you coins back and it will probably cost you a bit more btc but im sure they could cost he site more than they took from you.
Sometimes revenge is the only answer, or forget about it, your choice.
iWokeUpLate

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:25:41 AM

What a tragedy for you, just make hope that your BTCs will be returned or not Karma will judge them.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:28:53 AM

You should post in the main BTC-e thread (link to this one) and give the admin a chance to see this and reply in person.

ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:36:22 AM

You should post in the main BTC-e thread (link to this one) and give the admin a chance to see this and reply in person.

Couldn't do any harm to do so, but if they didn't solve OP's issue via official ticket system on site, i highly doubt they will do anything here on forum.
If i were in OP's shoes, and know i'm cheated , i would straight on open scam accusation so that people can be warned, and btc-e staff accounts flagged. (If OP is telling the truth that is)
cheers
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:28:03 AM

Seems like you're the same person from Reddit that's posting about losing money on BTC-e. Well, they're a bit shady and completely unknown... They also probably think they're doing the right thing. Have the coins moved from the exchange's address? Have they moved back to bitdice? You should also insist with Bitdice staff, there's a thread from them in the Gambling forum.

Anyways, I'm sorry for your loss. You won't probably see the coins back. If you do, you're a lucky guy...

Why would btc-e not return his coins? And if they don't, why do people still continue to use btc-e.

I guess after he makes some noise here they will return his coins..

I will never use btc-e as this is not the first time I heard a story like this.

Also make sure you publicize the gambing site as well.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
thebigtalk

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin and co.

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:42:37 AM

mhm, you can possibly threaten them with legal action, what country are they hosted in?

It might be somewhere around Russia since their conversation is Russian.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:26:00 AM

Ive been reading this story a bit on reddit OP and it looks like the gambling site you bet on are in communication with BTC-e.  Your best chance is to start communicating with them if you wanta chance to see yourcoins back.  Legally wise you are pretty scewed i think.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:08:28 AM

Actually after reading about btc-e, I blame the OP. That site is only for mafia and money launderers. They might as well be operating on TOR and cash-by-mail and you'd get about the same level of trust.

Also I'd avoid using bitdice.com too.

For btc-e:
How hard is it to get decent English speakers in Russia or whatever east-European nation you are operating from?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:02:21 AM

Actually after reading about btc-e, I blame the OP. That site is only for mafia and money launderers. They might as well be operating on TOR and cash-by-mail and you'd get about the same level of trust.
Also I'd avoid using bitdice.com too.
For btc-e:
How hard is it to get decent English speakers in Russia or whatever east-European nation you are operating from?

You can't blame op for making  the error of trusting them in the first place. Like he stated; btc-e is not a bitcoin police, and furthermore, they have no right to hold funds without a valid reason.
And it's not that hard to get translators, i am from east EU and i can tell you for sure that three out of four persons speak english quite well, so hiding behind language barrier is futile.

cheers
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 11:23:28 AM

Can you prove you have 100BTC+ in BTC-e?

tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 11:45:10 AM

Can you prove you have 100BTC+ in BTC-e?

yes.  proof of moving 100btc to the exchange by showing the transaction would go a long way in verifying that perhaps this did in fact happen.  op is not replying.  maybe asleep.  if we don't hear any replies within a few hours then this is all just fud. 
iram1068

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 11:57:58 AM

can you tell us what is that gambling site so some users can help you verify it?

ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:04:25 PM

can you tell us what is that gambling site so some users can help you verify it?
The 2nd post say the gambling site name as bitdice so maybe they can read russian and got it from the screenshot, i didn't see OP mention it.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 03:16:34 PM

My question is... Why would BTC-e just believe what the dice site claimed (that the bitcoins were stolen)??
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:05:49 PM

Haven't you all learned yet? Don't deal with Russians. Quite simple.
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:52:52 PM

I'm reading the reddit thread and it seems like OP is a thief and won those Bitcoins from Bitdice due to a bug.
GhanaGamboy

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

Dadice Fixed Rate.

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 06:02:19 PM

i guess if you really lost 100bitcoins then you have enough money to buy another 100bitcoins.
because nobody with a average income would play with 100bitcoins^^

You may be guessing wrong, if I start gambling with 0.2btc and win 100btc and I am a gambler then it doesn't matter my income because I am a gambling addict and don't think about much else except "more" which is a shame because 100btc is "more" than enough and should have been saved/spent.

It also doesn't matter if he has enough to buy another 100btc that does not make it ok does it? Not sure what the price was but guessing around 28k was lost and that sucks, but.. Sounds like this story is fishy to say the least and would not be surprised if it never happened.
BitofaN1

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 06:14:49 PM

I'm reading the reddit thread and it seems like OP is a thief and won those Bitcoins from Bitdice due to a bug.
^^Pretty much this.Otherwise he would have provided a log of his winning bets on that gambling site, witch he didn't.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:23:52 PM

ahhh, now everything is clear, this is why he isn't responding anymore, usually when they throw the stone and run away, without continuing the conversation, you know there is something fishy

i didn't trust what the OP say since the beginning of this thread, then add to this that he used a newbie account...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: