Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:39:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: weathbet.com [OLD THREAD]  (Read 9312 times)
weathbet.com (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

weathbet.com Bet on weather conditions

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 08:49:13 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 07:10:35 AM by weathbet.com

This is the old weathbet thread, please visit the new thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182820.0

weathbet.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 08:55:36 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 02:32:20 PM by weathbet.com

For question or help please see the help page: https://weathbet.com/help

Havelivi

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 08:57:55 AM

nice betting idea with bitcoin have fun betting at weather, how long timing will be for each round when it go for close 2 hours or more and what is amount for minimum bet?
if we find difference in weather result when compare with other weather site like accuweather than which will be count?
weathbet.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 09:06:35 AM

nice betting idea with bitcoin have fun betting at weather, how long timing will be for each round when it go for close 2 hours or more and what is amount for minimum bet?
if we find difference in weather result when compare with other weather site like accuweather than which will be count?

Hello, you can bet when you like it, but betting will be closed every 3 hours and you can bet up to 40 minutes before the result,
Maximum: 0.01 BTC - Minimum: 0.0006 BTC
only the data from openweathermap.org is counted, because it offer more than 40 000 individual weather station run by users

for example:
bet closing in 1 minute:
Result in ~40 minutes

or

bet closing in 2 hours and 30 minutes
Result in ~ 3 hours and 10 minutes

ComboChris

Activity: 189

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:11:09 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 09:57:49 AM by ComboChris

Hello, you can bet when you like it, but betting will be closed every 3 hours and you can bet up to 40 minutes before the result,
only the data from openweathermap.org is counted, because it offer more than 40 000 individual weather station run by users

for example:
bet closing in 1 minute:
Result in ~40 minutes

or

If there are user ran weather stations you gotta watch out. A player might register a weather station and be able to scam you by providing wrong data.
weathbet.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 09:13:24 AM

for example:
bet closing in 1 minute:
Result in ~40 minutes

or

If there are user ran weather station you gotta watch out. A player might register a weather station and be able to scam you by providing wrong data.

Yes, however we are monitoring the weather stations

amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:20:54 AM

interesting and unique betting concept your graphics are eye catching and cool, user interface is really friendly and very easy to bet there, free giveaway bets at launch promo will be interesting to attract players for test this nice site on nice betting method.

Edit : my test bet http://weathbet.com/bet_status/id/697b5af60e02c25e217e97e178830adc
weathbet.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 09:41:37 AM

interesting and unique betting concept your graphics are eye catching and cool, user interface is really friendly and very easy to bet there, free giveaway bets at launch promo will be interesting to attract players for test this nice site on nice betting method.

Edit : my test bet http://weathbet.com/bet_status/id/697b5af60e02c25e217e97e178830adc

Thank you for the feedback, we will have free giveaway bets in the next weeks

lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:51:26 AM

Very amazing idea, interesting for try it.
Bet closing in 1 minute and results in 40 minute. So who bet must wait in 40 minute to got they bet lose or win. Right?
I will try it
Good luck
weathbet.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 09:52:30 AM

Bet closing in 1 minute and results in 40 minute. So who bet must wait in 40 minute to got they bet lose or win. Right?
I will try it
Good luck

Thank you, and yes you need to wait 40 minutes for the result

trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:58:15 AM

Site layout is simple and clean with attractive graphics, i think you must add custom betting option to challenge other players and this kind of addition would be helpful to make fun with friends. i will try this site with little amount to check how it works.
lexuz

Me, myself and I

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:04:28 AM

I will try it
Good luck

Ok why must wait 40 minute, sorry. That long time just for wait a results. everybody can see process on result bet, i mean transparent
JamesCB

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:06:02 AM

is the search function case sensitive? i entered the correct location and format but i keep gettign an error

weathbet.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 10:12:48 AM

Site layout is simple and clean with attractive graphics, i think you must add custom betting option to challenge other players and this kind of addition would be helpful to make fun with friends. i will try this site with little amount to check how it works.

Thank you for the feedback, we will add PvP in future

I will try it
Good luck

Ok why must wait 40 minute, sorry. That long time just for wait a results. everybody can see process on result bet, i mean transparent

You need to wait 40 minute because the weather change is slowly and short time betting is not possible because it will be too easy to predict

is the search function case sensitive? i entered the correct location and format but i keep gettign an error

No, we had a issue try again it should work

JamesCB

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:15:30 AM

im getting this error now when i tried it again, i click the location in the result but

Error 404 Not found
Error, page not found, please check your URL and try again

lottoitaliano
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:17:23 AM

The idea is very nice, more fiat betting site (like betfair or more other english sportbook) have a betting to the weather and temperature.
I see "more of 200.000 city" but for italy you have only rome? Or you add later other city?
weathbet.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 10:20:20 AM

im getting this error now when i tried it again, i click the location in the result but

Error 404 Not found

Ok now the issue is fixed try again, sorry

The idea is very nice, more fiat betting site (like betfair or more other english sportbook) have a betting to the weather and temperature.
I see "more of 200.000 city" but for italy you have only rome? Or you add later other city?

You can add your own city, just search City,Country on the homepage and click "GO", and you can bet on your own city

JamesCB

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:25:25 AM

Error 404 Not found

You can add your own city, just search City,Country on the homepage and click "GO", and you can bet on your own city

thank you. now i see it. will place some bets now. goodluck on your site Smiley

EDIT: i now see this

lexuz

Me, myself and I

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:32:28 AM

Thank you for the feedback, we will add PvP in future

I will try it
Good luck

You need to wait 40 minute because the weather change is slowly and short time betting is not possible because it will be too easy to predict

i that the reason, i think reasonable. thank for you answer, i think now clear because nobody worry about fair or not Smiley
weathbet.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 10:40:39 AM

Error 404 Not found

thank you. now i see it. will place some bets now. goodluck on your site Smiley

EDIT: i now see this

https://i.imgur.com/nWBsSd1.jpg

Hello, this issue happen when the city have  strange character not recognized for example the "ñ", we are looking to fix this issue
Sorry for the inconvenience

Edit: fixed issue for your city

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: