Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:16:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make a cash deposit - BitInstant  (Read 7238 times)
hooooouse (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:56:10 PM

Can someone explain to me how this works??  I don't understand how i would do this..
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jermainé

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:05:00 PM

Can someone explain to me how this works??  I don't understand how i would do this..

I believe you run down ( yes run ) to the local Walgreens or Cvs, tell the cashier "bitch I wanna make a deposit"

Done!  Cool
hooooouse (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:09:47 PM

I believe you run down ( yes run ) to the local Walgreens or Cvs, tell the cashier "bitch I wanna make a deposit"

Done!  Cool

do they give a number to deposit the cash into or something? and when would i recieve the BTC?
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:27:33 PM

I agree it's not very user-friendly for a total newb, or for someone not used to using services like moneygram.

See if this video tutorial helps: http://vimeo.com/44849463
Kitemike

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 07:39:56 PM

The two times I've used their service I selected Major Bank Branch and Bitcoin to Email as my choices.  After filling in the rest of the screen I was sent an email that I printed out with the branch address, account number and amount to deposit.  I walked into the bank, handed the teller the note, tried to not look nervous and shifty, gave her the cash and left.  By the time I got back to my office (10 minutes) I had an email from Catapult with instruction for claiming my coins.  5 minutes later I was drooling over my swollen wallet.

hooooouse (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 09:00:00 PM

what bank do you use? does that matter?

and what if i chose to do cvs? i just hand them the printed out thing and then give them the cash? or would it be better to do this at a bank.. i have read stories about the bank teller giving them a hassle though..
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 09:22:42 PM

what bank do you use? does that matter?

and what if i chose to do cvs? i just hand them the printed out thing and then give them the cash? or would it be better to do this at a bank.. i have read stories about the bank teller giving them a hassle though..

Just go to the bitinstant website and follow the prompts. It's pretty idiot proof. Once you type in your location it will give you a list of banks nearby. If there's nothing nearby, then choose 7-11 or CVS.

If that's still too complicated: localbitcoins.com
ryanAC

Activity: 111

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 10:30:20 PM

I just did a Bitinstant cash-->Bitcoin... and it was pretty simple.  Just fill out the form on the website and follow the instructions.  Take the info to the nearest CVS or whatever, pick up the red phone and play along. 

Oddly enough, I got an email the transaction was complete, yet no bitcoins arrived at the address I provided (checked on blockchain.info).  I replied to the email saying "Hey, where's the coins?".  The CEO replied right away and apologized for the delay... some sort of glitch on their end perhaps?  And shortly after the btc arrived. 

Pretty easy, really.

-Ryan
mickeyfinn

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 01:57:27 PM

Just had a look at the website and doesn't look like I can use BitInstant as I'm in the United Kingdom Sad
Is this correct?
teamhugs

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 03:45:34 PM

Having used this method to get started. My issue with using CVS and their red moneygram phone is that roughly zero people use the phone around here. The photo center person said I was the first person to use the phone since they remodeled the store two years ago.  There are also at least two cameras on you at the phone, so if your thought was to be somewhat anonymous, surprise!

theasian09

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 07:19:21 AM

Having used this method to get started. My issue with using CVS and their red moneygram phone is that roughly zero people use the phone around here. The photo center person said I was the first person to use the phone since they remodeled the store two years ago.  There are also at least two cameras on you at the phone, so if your thought was to be somewhat anonymous, surprise!

I was kind of disappointed when the slip to print out said moneygram.  IOf i wanted to moneygram i would have just used it in the first place.  And the people at the cvs i went to didnt even know how to properly pull up the thing and made me call 3 times....and when they finally figured it out my name came up like 4 times.  Too bad that didnt mean they sent 4 times the money for nothing  Undecided
teamhugs

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 12:51:08 PM

I was kind of disappointed when the slip to print out said moneygram.  IOf i wanted to moneygram i would have just used it in the first place.  And the people at the cvs i went to didnt even know how to properly pull up the thing and made me call 3 times....and when they finally figured it out my name came up like 4 times.  Too bad that didnt mean they sent 4 times the money for nothing  Undecided

I had that same problem. Because no one uses the moneygram phone, the cashier had no idea what to do with it. The manager came over to help out and had to pull out the cashier manual and follow along to figure it out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: