Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:32:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone read this article: The scam called Bitcoin?  (Read 4517 times)
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:19:27 AM

[...]
And the final conclusion is "The future might not belong to Bitcoin, but it should to its technology."
Seems to be the new approach by main stream media: Bitcoin - boo! Blockchain - yay!
Same old, same old.
A couple decades ago it was "Internet - boo! Intranet - yay!"

It's just the latecomers saying:
Yeah, well... I'm gonna go build my own blockchain, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the blockchain! Wink

\
Lol..Exactly was the same case with Internet when it was just introduced to the people across the globe, No one entertain it and said it would not resist for a longer time but today we all know what impact Internet has on individual, society and also the big corporates. It is impossible to survive without internet and one fine day same would be with Bitcoin.
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:58:19 AM

WTF? This Matt O'Brien guy again? I just read some half-a-dozen or so anti-Bitcoin articles in the Washington Post authored by this guy, and now it seems that he is authoring articles for the New Zealand Herald as well. A trans-continental anti-Bitcoin author? Who is really sponsoring this idiot? I am not ready to blame Jeff Bezos, as he seems to be a genuine guy...

Some of the articles authored by him:

The Atlantic:

Bitcoin Is No Longer a Currency
Why Bitcoin Will Never Be a Currency
Bitcoin Is the Segway of Currency

Washington Post:

Bitcoin isn’t the future of money — it’s either a Ponzi scheme or a pyramid scheme
Bitcoin revealed: a Ponzi scheme for redistributing wealth from one libertarian to another

New Zealand Herald:

Matt O'Brien: The scam called Bitcoin
I try and disregard the overly obvious shit media, this guy is saying what he thinks businessmen want to hear which is the rumor they've heard that Bitcoin is bad but the blockchain is good.

Thats why i hated media,they always spread negative rumors about bitcoin and thats a brainwashing to people so that they're gonna stay away from bitcoin and never using it.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 02:39:05 AM

That's why i hated media,they always spread negative rumors about bitcoin and thats a brainwashing to people so that they're gonna stay away from bitcoin and never using it.

I'm 50 years old and have met many people. There is only one that I can say for sure that isn't "brainwashed".

Never fear when a negative article appears in the media. It's a not-so-well-kept secret in Hollywood that negative publicity only comes second to positive publicity.

bank of bits

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:49:15 PM

Any news is supposedly good news.  Even if they end with the typical, "illegal", "money laundering," and "ponzi scheme" mantra that is in every mainstream BTC article.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:02:58 PM

the thing is to keep bitcoin alive on news even with bad or good news to it the thing is to show to the world that bitcoin keeps here and can wait for them as internet made on the last years ....
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:05:41 PM

It's cool because he shows he has no idea about this and it's cool to see ignorant people talking about things they don't know
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:03:18 PM

Sometimes it's hard to tell whether Bitcoin is more like Ponzi scheme or a pyramid scheme.

Whatever it is, though, it isn't a currency. It's a tech stock. Each Bitcoin is really a share in a system that seems to make it cheaper to transfer things online - money, stocks, bonds, even the deed to your house - by cutting out the middleman. Well, kind of. Bitcoin doesn't remove the middleman so much as replace him with middlemen who don't make you pay much, but make society as a whole do so instead. Is this progress?

[...]

And the final conclusion is "The future might not belong to Bitcoin, but it should to its technology."

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11462977

Finally a post I agree too, not entirely, but partly. I've huge respect and appreciation for Block chain, and not bitcoin in itself. I'm a staunch support of Etherium too, love the idea. Block chain is the future in my opinion, and from where I see it, it's bright and shiny.

bitnanigans

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:47:10 PM

Sounds like a clickbait article for ad money. Everyone's paying attention to bitcoin now, so it's not surprising.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 02:01:37 PM

"anyone read this article: The scam called Bitcoin?"

No, but I did read a blog post some time ago that might as well have been entitled "The scam called Nxt." Had the author of it not self-disclosed his identity, I would have been tempted to comment: "Is that you, Mr. Schiff?"

But I do have to say that reading that particular dithyramb did reinforce the point that we're all in this together. With that noted, I'll head back to the altcoin ghetto. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

knowhow

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:30:56 PM

well media works with money if you pay them to say someone made a shop of bitcoin,someone sold or bought a ferrari with bitcoin they would make it happen .... remember they got paid to do some articles...
kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:24:10 PM

This. There's also a ton of FUD in the general public about bitcoin in general. The media does a fantastic job portraying it as "illegal ponzi currency"

ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:43:25 PM

At first they say that everything is bad and a scam.

First light = bad, first car = bad, internet = bad

in 5 years Matt O'Brien will change his opinion, and he will cry later, to not jump on this revolution.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 06:06:57 PM

in 5 years Matt O'Brien will change his opinion, and he will cry later, to not jump on this revolution.

Very good point. It's either "scam" or "toy." Either "too good to be true" or "why would anyone in Realville use this?" Same old song...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 06:21:56 PM

we are in the mid of 2015 now. i will not read that. a waste of time.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:23:58 PM

gandhi quote would come in hand here, it is what they are exactly doing

bitcoin will win in the end, no matter how much they hate it or they want it to not succeed
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:37:21 PM

Very good point. It's either "scam" or "toy." Either "too good to be true" or "why would anyone in Realville use this?" Same old song...

Negative media doesn't matter nearly as much as the occasional positive stories about BTC:
The Flat Earth Society will reject Bitcoin, but a large group of wise investors will seek refuge from the tyranny of fiat money.

thebenjamincode

Activity: 490

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 05:28:05 AM

This article points out lots of negative in bitcoins. I really don't like this article. The title itself already tell it's content. Bitcoin isn't just a scam. I'm sure after many years the author will knee and ask himself "Why did I write this?" Bitcoin gives hope for others.
knowhow

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:34:05 PM

well they talk about a thing they didnt looked depply even if they had looked it otherwise wouldnt make sense to write such about a thing that almost dont know or searched about
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 11:06:35 PM

It's proved if bitcoin is famous, awesome and a lot fans out there, when you have a fans always there are a haters.

~iki
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 03:38:36 PM

well they talk about a thing they didnt looked depply even if they had looked it otherwise wouldnt make sense to write such about a thing that almost dont know or searched about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlJku_CSyNg  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: