Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:43:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support switching Bitcoin over to Hearn's XT alt with it's exponential bloat by the first of the year 2016?
Fuck No! - 55 (43%)
Hell Yeah! - 73 (57%)
Total Voters: 128

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP. [NooNooPol]  (Read 15271 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:48:10 AM

You guys cheering thermos' censoring of the thread is just sad.

You do understand that just because you silence others that does not make their ideas magically go away, and it does not make you right.

But you always had a losing argument, must feel nice to have the thread censored to get you off the hook of having to continue to defend obvious nonsense.

You guys pulled the nuclear option and deleted/sanitized all discussion you disagree with from /r/bitcoin and bitcointalk.org. If you have to resort to that it always means you are on the wrong side.

So bask in your assumed victory now that there is no one left to question you. It's going to be a short lived one.

Nobody I can think of advocated censoring or sterilizing anything.  For all we know cypherdoc himself picked up his ball and went home.

You're  still as stupid ever and willing to throw loose  allegations around like vomit.

You're still going to lose because of all your unethical tactics.

... and here comes the compromised shill to lecture others on ethics. Have you no shame?

Ah, little marcus, the slime ball Blockstream shill who shamelessly publishes a malicious  scammer thread without any evidence and that's in dispute. No guilty verdict there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:48:16 AM

Hard forks are 51% attacks, we need side-chains

To get some perspective on the logic I want to promote, first read theymos's Reddit sticky post (he is the moderator or r/bitcoin and also one of the owners of Bitcointalk.org):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3h9cq4/its_time_for_a_break_about_the_recent_mess/

You can also read the very respected Bitcoin research Meni Rosenfeld's comment:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3h9cq4/its_time_for_a_break_about_the_recent_mess/cu6udfe

I also note this hostile new "feature" (a.k.a. trojan horse) in Bitcoin XT (a.k.a. GavinCoin):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1156489.0

But let me attempt to remove my subjective opinion from the objective logic I want to present.

A hard fork if it succeeds is a majority attack against the minority. Thus it is technically a 51% attack where the adversary that has greater than 50% of the hashrate can always win the longest chain of proof-of-work and thus can dictate to the minority (that is unless the minority can distinguish which blocks are being produced by the adversary and decide to never mine on them, thus maintaining their minority hashrate chain as distinct).

For example, afaics the change to Bitcoin XT to blacklist the Tor exit node IP addresses does not make the blocks produced by Bitcoin XT miners distinguishable from those blocks mined by those running Bitcoin Core full nodes.

Of course once Bitcoin XT nodes begin producing blocks greater than 1 MB in size, these blocks would be distinguished as not being produced by Bitcoin Core miners. However, note that one of the characteristics of a 51% attack is that it can indeed change the protocol. Of course the minority can refuse to mine on the new protocol, but given that network hashrate is so crucial for security in Bitcoin's design, it is doubtful that a minority block chain could survive because the network hashrate of the majority (especially a significant majority) could be diverted to execute large double-spends on the minority chain wrecking havoc. Just the threat of that possibility is probably enough to cause significant HODLers to sell their coins on the minority fork causing it's price to diverge downwards.

Thus, network hashrate political wars are attempts to make 51% attacks. They are adversarial.

All of this could be avoided with two improvements to crypto-currency technology:

• Side-chains so HODLers can move their Bitcoin value to the protocol of their choice.
  • A way to filter 51% attacks, so that network hashrate is not a weapon of mass destruction, and so the principle of side-chains can work correctly.

Blockstream is implementing the first improvement. I am implementing the second improvement.

Note there are some issues with side-chains that have to be dealt with carefully. The movement of coins between chains needs to have long lock up times to insure that reorganizations due to orphaned chains can't create a chaotic mixed up outcome (namely duplicate copies of coins) that can't be restored. Speculators can help users move their coins faster between chains for a fee which covers their opportunity cost and risks in the lock up.

It is time we put an end to this nonsense, by using technology to do so.

P.S. note I am formerly the username AnonyMint (and numerous usernames hence), which I abandoned last year to try to encourage myself to stop wasting so much time posting in forums. When I first joined this forum as AnonyMint in Spring 2013, I wrote an article "Bitcoin : The Digital Kill Switch" which Google will confirm to you was published around the web a bit. My real name is on that article.

Hope everyone has collected their free money...

Well in May I wrote in several Economics -> Speculation threads that BTC would rise from the low $200s to $315, then it would crash back down to eventually below $150 (and probably to double-digits) no later than sometime after October.

I reiterated these points over the past weeks in the Economics -> Speculation -> PnF and Economics -> Speculation -> Free Money threads. Even a few hours before the crash I reiterated these points again that everyone should have been short since $315.

The bottom in the BTC price will come in Spring 2016, and it will be back below $100, perhaps even below $50.

After that, we will start a new bull market that will make investors rich.

If you weren't dumb, you'd learn to stop ignoring me. You'd be clicking my Profile and reading all my archive of posts.

But you are dumb and lazy, so you won't do that. And so you will remain ignorant. And I sort of like that, don't you?

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:49:18 AM

Cheesy

If that's your new twist I'm gonna have to get on board with you.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:50:05 AM

Nobody I can think of advocated censoring or sterilizing anything.  For all we know cypherdoc himself picked up his ball and went home.

You're  still as stupid ever and willing to throw loose  allegations around like vomit.

... and here comes the compromised shill to lecture others on ethics. Have you no shame?

He's always welcome on my thread even if he is the kind of pansy who messed up his own and tried to blame others for it.  Cypherdoc is his own worst enemy when he flaps his gums in the presence of people smart enough and informed enough to matter.

BTW, cypherdoc:  Gold up, Bitcoin collapsing...thanks in no small part to your own efforts.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:56:08 AM

Cheesy

If that's your new twist I'm gonna have to get on board with you.

It is just a way of clarifying what I've been thinking and working on for the past 3 - 4 months.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:56:23 AM

You're  still as stupid ever and willing to throw loose  allegations around like vomit.

He's always welcome on my thread even if he is the kind of pansy who messed up his own and tried to blame others for it.  Cypherdoc is his own worst enemy when he flaps his gums in the presence of people smart enough and informed enough to matter.

BTW, cypherdoc:  Gold up, Bitcoin collapsing...thanks in no small part to your own efforts.

Notice how your thread is totally devoid of any intellectual content or insight. That's because you're the OP. it will never amount to anything because you have nothing of intellectual value to offer . Just thuggery. That list of guys you put yourself in can and will  enjoy each other's circle jerk.
brg444

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:58:39 AM

You're  still as stupid ever and willing to throw loose  allegations around like vomit.

Notice how your thread is totally devoid of any intellectual content or insight. That's because you're the OP. it will never amount to anything because you have nothing of intellectual value to offer . Just thuggery. That list of guys you put yourself in can and will  enjoy each other's circle jerk.

Bro, your fork, it's broken: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1156489.0

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:58:55 AM

It's all your fault cypherdoc...  Roll Eyes

The link for the years of discussions that are not fit for consumption by bitcoin speculators:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68655.31200
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 06:00:34 AM

The great thing about bitcoin is that it doesn't enable tyrants.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
brg444

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:12:57 AM

I'm saving all the code here just in case they decide to hide it. We need a skilled programmer to go through this and see just how bad it is, there's so much code itd be easy to hide some malicious stuff in here.

Keep in mind this code is all for the IP logger and blacklist, they worked hard on this! I would just post it here but it is an absolutely immense amount of code.

There's both a whitelist and a blacklist, like Coinbase. From what I can tell it is NOT all objective, they can subjectively put people on the lists. This would give them complete control of anyone who uses Bitcoin.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByLnBVYGlyDsT25MNExSUDB2NTA/view?usp=sharing

Keep in mind this code was reviewed and given stamp of approval by your very own Gavin.

smfuser

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:10:41 AM

The nice thing about allowing attackers to use a forum is that it becomes possible to pin people who have put in a lot of effort.  Looking through the now-locked thread, I identify some of the primary petites taches de merde as so:

- cypherdoc
 - justusranvier
 - peter r
 - solex
 - erdogan
 - zarathustra
 - smooth/rocks
 - majamalu
 - stolfi (honorable mention - still as active as ever elsewhere.)
If you're suggesting smooth and rocks are the same, can you please explain why?
tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:24:05 AM

The nice thing about allowing attackers to use a forum is that it becomes possible to pin people who have put in a lot of effort.  Looking through the now-locked thread, I identify some of the primary petites taches de merde as so:

- cypherdoc
 - justusranvier
 - peter r
 - solex
 - erdogan
 - zarathustra
 - smooth/rocks
 - majamalu
 - stolfi (honorable mention - still as active as ever elsewhere.)

If you're suggesting smooth and rocks are the same, can you please explain why?

They just always kinda seemed the same to me.  They seemed to come into my vision at about the same time and seemed fairly reasonable then subtly shifted into being increasingly XT pumpers.  The 'suggestion' was actually a bit of a probe to see what reaction I got if any.

I have a lot of difficulty imagining anyone who's reasonably intelligent and informed not seeing XT as probably being anything other than what has seemingly turned out to be.  Certainly there was a high probability of this simply from the guy who was the driving force behind it.  I just cannot square this with anyone who had any interest in Bitcoin based on it's initial virtues.  So I am deeply suspicious of anyone who had ever supported XT, and especially those who became more vocal in this support rather than less as time went by and more information became available.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:29:43 AM

Cypher I told you you will get #REKT...
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:31:20 AM

Your thread? 'Your' thread is nothing more than a stalker's thread, and you have never been something different in cypherdoc's thread. You will never be able to attract those thinkers. Your followers here will be cyper's other stalkers, the warriors and destroyers. Their popescu style 'language' says it all. Their language and mentality is one of the reasons why they are loosing ground against Gavin so fast. You can't win an idealist community that way. You are downvoted everywhere.

BTW: Gold collapsing ...

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:38:50 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 07:54:10 AM by TPTB_need_war

....in cypherdoc's thread... attract those thinkers.

The thinkers long since left that noise chamber. The guys who remained have nothing better to do but waste their time.

The entire issue is going to become mute, because there is technology to solve the damn problem.

Block size will never be an issue again.

Fools will waste their life discussing something which is soon to be an outdated non-issue.

While you all were busy circle jerking, I was solving the problem.

P.S. I am not cheering the censoring of cyperdorc's thread, but none of these threads about XT hidden inside a lying topic name (Gold collapsing, Bitcoin UP) should be in the Economics -> Speculation subforum. They belong in a Bitcoin Discussion -> Speculation subforum or better in the Altcoin Discussion forum. I can't understand why the moderators were so derelict in their duties for such a long time. But locking cyperdorc's thread is inappropriate. Come on theymos, move these threads instead.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 07:44:48 AM

You guys cheering thermos' censoring of the thread is just sad.   Cry
it does not make you right.  Angry
it always means you are on the wrong side.   Cry

Mods gonna moderate.  That's kind of their job.  Frap.doc knew the rules about alt-coins, yet continued to shill for XT in the wrong sub.

On dozens of occasions, I told you XT was going to get #R3KT.  Not we find out it includes NSA IP phone-home/blacklist BS.

they hid a sophisticated program which logs your ip even if you're on proxy or tor, and they add IPs to a blacklist and whitelist. It's not all objective, they can add people at will too. This is much worse than I ever thought, they can control every bitcoin user if they got their fork. It would end bitcoin as we know it. It's a horrible and disgusting abuse of Bitcoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1156489.0

As if the Gavinistas didn't have enough trouble already, being so busy pretending NotXT isn't literally making a mockery of their node % figures.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:33:18 AM

....in cypherdoc's thread... attract those thinkers.

Fools will waste their life discussing something which is soon to be an outdated non-issue.

While you all were busy circle jerking, I was solving the problem.

q.e.d.

This thread is for warriors, BREAKERS, destroyers or people who seriously write sentences like that: "While you all were busy circlejerking, I was solving the problem."

Since 1 week there are (net) zero node upgrades to 1MB-0.11.0, while the XMB-0.11.0 version went to 800.
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 09:12:29 AM

I'm saving all the code here just in case they decide to hide it. We need a skilled programmer to go through this and see just how bad it is, there's so much code itd be easy to hide some malicious stuff in here.

Keep in mind this code is all for the IP logger and blacklist, they worked hard on this! I would just post it here but it is an absolutely immense amount of code.

There's both a whitelist and a blacklist, like Coinbase. From what I can tell it is NOT all objective, they can subjectively put people on the lists. This would give them complete control of anyone who uses Bitcoin.

Keep in mind this code was reviewed and given stamp of approval by your very own Gavin.

If you dont like that 'feature' - switch it off.. Huh

That said, it would have been better if it was off by default, but I doubt the hysterics would have gone any different. 

No need to keep things on google docs btw - there is a thing called source control, its all historied and open.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 10:51:27 AM

You're the one getting rekt and don't even know it, lol.
XT continuing to ramp. 848!
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 10:58:13 AM

You're the one getting rekt and don't even know it, lol.
XT continuing to ramp. 848!
LOL - how am I rekted? My USD are safe & rallying!

I will buy the shitcoin that will win in this mess when we reach sub 100s...

You get used to red candles  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: