Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:03:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support switching Bitcoin over to Hearn's XT alt with it's exponential bloat by the first of the year 2016?
Fuck No! - 55 (43%)
Hell Yeah! - 73 (57%)
Total Voters: 128

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP. [NooNooPol]  (Read 15269 times)
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:54:39 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2015, 07:05:14 AM by Cconvert2G36

I miss the doc's mega thread.  it was a convenient catch-all without most of the wall observer micro-minds.  So where to lurk now  Huh

just be thankful you have been unplugged from a matrix of FUD and disinformation ...

replaced with your own brand?

Can't you see the replacement has already surpassed that silly formerly existing thread in terms of intellectual engagement? So much more comprehensive and enlightening without all the FUD.

It's like "Gold collapsing, Bitcoin UP." with forged pistons, an iron block, aggressive cams, fully computer controlled direct fuel injection, AND nitrous oxide injection! Take off your beer hat and look at it, would you just look at it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:34:05 AM

It is unbelievable but true. Idiocy prevails. This stalker thread is still unlocked.

Ah, there you are.  I was going to ask you if there is any truth to this thing which covered Switzerland a little bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQIBpGu5I6E

If there is, I am extra glad that my ancestors got the fuck out of there.  

Switzerland is the one and only Direct Democracy. The country can be glad seeing people with your mentality (stalking/hating direct voting/applauding censorship) leaving.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:16:56 PM

Switzerland is the one and only Direct Democracy.

Your delusions are shared by many people who will soon be culled for it.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:39:58 PM

I miss the doc's mega thread.  it was a convenient catch-all without most of the wall observer micro-minds.  So where to lurk now  Huh

just be thankful you have been unplugged from a matrix of FUD and disinformation ...

i suggest tipping the mods too..
tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:19:17 PM

It is unbelievable but true. Idiocy prevails. This stalker thread is still unlocked.

Ah, there you are.  I was going to ask you if there is any truth to this thing which covered Switzerland a little bit:

Switzerland is the one and only Direct Democracy. The country can be glad seeing people with your mentality (stalking/hating direct voting/applauding censorship) leaving.

Your leaderships are clearly seeking to hybridize the herd with gene-stock from various far flung regions in addition to converting the native stock into people who are to sexually confused to reproduce on their own.  I can guess the types of policies the populous is going to prefer for the betterment of society through the 'direct democracy' that you are so proud of in the next generation.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 11:14:40 PM

I miss the doc's mega thread.  it was a convenient catch-all without most of the wall observer micro-minds.  So where to lurk now  Huh

Can't you see the replacement has already surpassed that silly formerly existing thread in terms of intellectual engagement? So much more comprehensive and enlightening without all the FUD.

It's like "Gold collapsing, Bitcoin UP." with forged pistons, an iron block, aggressive cams, fully computer controlled direct fuel injection, AND nitrous oxide injection! Take off your beer hat and look at it, would you just look at it?

Ahh. There we go.  Just like old times Cheesy
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 11:37:44 PM

I wouldn't look at anything that still has breaks...   Wink

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 11:40:15 PM

Your leaderships are clearly seeking to hybridize the herd with gene-stock from various far flung regions in addition to converting the native stock into people who are to sexually confused to reproduce on their own.  I can guess the types of policies the populous is going to prefer for the betterment of society through the 'direct democracy' that you are so proud of in the next generation.

You were given a chance to explain where these new sidechain altcoins are going to derive their value.

(still waiting)

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:02:39 AM

You were given a chance to explain where these new sidechain altcoins are going to derive their value.

(still waiting)

Ya, Ya.  I'm getting to it.  In the mean time, you should brush up on some of the work the Blockstream guys are doing and why their motto is 'trust everyone'.  They are focused on crypto-based solutions which would allow one to balance risk.  So, instead of giving the bank all of your money (or BTC) which technically and legally becomes their property to do with as they please, there are things like time-locks.  If you take or fail to take certain actions on a certain schedule, the value of your deposit can revert back to your control.  These crypto 'primitives' allow a much more robust cyrpto-currency ecosystem and cut the (unreliable and expensive) state sponsored legal system out of the loop leaning instead on pure mathematics which is much more reliable.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 12:09:55 AM

(still waiting)

Ya, Ya.  I'm getting to it.  In the mean time, you should brush up on some of the work the Blockstream guys are doing and why their motto is 'trust everyone'.  They are focused on crypto-based solutions which would allow one to balance risk.  So, instead of giving the bank all of your money (or BTC) which technically and legally becomes their property to do with as they please, there are things like time-locks.  If you take or fail to take certain actions on a certain schedule, the value of your deposit can revert back to your control.  These crypto 'primitives' allow a much more robust cyrpto-currency ecosystem and cut the (unreliable and expensive) state sponsored legal system out of the loop leaning instead on pure mathematics which is much more reliable.

Stop fudging the issue.

I'm well aware of what blockstream does.  And I also know what it needs before a bank would have any interest in using it. I just want that penny to drop with you, or at least hear your attempt to explain it.

tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:20:16 AM

(still waiting)

Stop fudging the issue.

I'm well aware of what blockstream does.  And I also know what it needs before a bank would have any interest in using it. I just want that penny to drop with you, or at least hear your attempt to explain it.

I've never run across an XT shill who is even dimly aware of 'what Blockstream does', or if I are, they have made no attempts to demonstrate this knowledge.  In fact relatively few of said shills seem to have even a modest grasp on Bitcoin itself.  You are no exception.

Nobody I have any respect for wants banks in the common sense of the word to have anything to do with crypto-currencies.  They are obsolete with a properly functioning crypto like Bitcoin.

The primitives which Blockstream are working on would allow a lot more flexibility in distributing value to sidecoins and managing risk in doing so.  Also, by providing robust reference implementations and being available to audit (for a fee I suspect) they provide a very valuable service to end-users (like me) who are trying to judge these risks.

sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 12:43:37 AM

(still waiting)

Ya, Ya.  I'm getting to it.  In the mean time, you should brush up on some of the work the Blockstream guys are doing and why their motto is 'trust everyone'.  They are focused on crypto-based solutions which would allow one to balance risk.  So, instead of giving the bank all of your money (or BTC) which technically and legally becomes their property to do with as they please, there are things like time-locks.  If you take or fail to take certain actions on a certain schedule, the value of your deposit can revert back to your control.  These crypto 'primitives' allow a much more robust cyrpto-currency ecosystem and cut the (unreliable and expensive) state sponsored legal system out of the loop leaning instead on pure mathematics which is much more reliable.

Stop fudging the issue.

I'm well aware of what blockstream does.  And I also know what it needs before a bank would have any interest in using it. I just want that penny to drop with you, or at least hear your attempt to explain it.

I've never run across an XT shill who is even dimly aware of 'what Blockstream does', or if I are, they have made no attempts to demonstrate this knowledge.  In fact relatively few of said shills seem to have even a modest grasp on Bitcoin itself.  You are no exception.

Nobody I have any respect for wants banks in the common sense of the word to have anything to do with crypto-currencies.  They are obsolete with a properly functioning crypto like Bitcoin.

The primitives which Blockstream are working on would allow a lot more flexibility in distributing value to sidecoins and managing risk in doing so.  Also, by providing robust reference implementations and being available to audit (for a fee I suspect) they provide a very valuable service to end-users (like me) who are trying to judge these risks.

Sidestep. Skip. Dodge.  You move better than Mohammed Ali.

They are only primitives because they haven't got a working solution. They grabbed on to LN like a man in the bottom of a well grabs onto a ladder lowered down to him. I'd say they are under some pressure, no?

Anyway, you still havent explained how valuable transactions will be catered for in terms of liquidity and credit risk. Lets say its not a bank, lets say instead its Daddy Warbucks from Annie!

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:30:49 AM

satoshifanclub you should be ashamed baring satoshi's name. you no fan his his.

you are a discusting little piece of shilling shit.

you should not even have 1 satoshi. not that i suspect you of having much more.

ignored.
tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 04:07:48 AM

The primitives which Blockstream are working on would allow a lot more flexibility in distributing value to sidecoins and managing risk in doing so.  Also, by providing robust reference implementations and being available to audit (for a fee I suspect) they provide a very valuable service to end-users (like me) who are trying to judge these risks.

Sidestep. Skip. Dodge.  You move better than Mohammed Ali.

They are only primitives because they haven't got a working solution. They grabbed on to LN like a man in the bottom of a well grabs onto a ladder lowered down to him. I'd say they are under some pressure, no?

I forget that not everyone is familiar with systems development.  A 'primitive' is a generic and basic function though they are often fairly cutting edge.  For a system which is more than trivial, a competent developer will start out by building 'primitives' (unless someone else has already done so which is common.)  Upon these one can build a system to solve specific problems and also build other systems to solve other problems.

Anyway, you still havent explained how valuable transactions will be catered for in terms of liquidity and credit risk. Lets say its not a bank, lets say instead its Daddy Warbucks from Annie!

What's there to explain?  A sidecoin is just a Bitcoin due to the 2-way peg.  The 'liquidity' is just what Bitcoin people are willing to peg to a particular sidechain.   There is no 'credit' so there is no 'credit risk'.  There are plenty of other risks associated with fraud, accidents, mis-management, etc.  This is why an entity (e.g., Blockstream) consisting of proven, trusted, and skilled people is a valuable thing.

Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:04:07 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2015, 08:23:48 AM by Zarathustra

Your leaderships are clearly seeking to hybridize the herd with gene-stock from various far flung regions in addition to converting the native stock into people who are to sexually confused to reproduce on their own.  I can guess the types of policies the populous is going to prefer for the betterment of society through the 'direct democracy' that you are so proud of in the next generation.

Conspiracy paranoia. That you and your wannabe elitist soulmates hate direct voting is obvious.
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:10:40 AM

ignored.

q.e.d.
That's exactly the linguistics of the sidecoiners. Warriors, censors, destroyers.
How can they ever win the majority of the bitcoiners that way? Great job.
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 10:50:30 AM

I forget that not everyone is familiar with systems development.  A 'primitive' is a generic and basic function though they are often fairly cutting edge.  For a system which is more than trivial, a competent developer will start out by building 'primitives' (unless someone else has already done so which is common.)  Upon these one can build a system to solve specific problems and also build other systems to solve other problems.

Stop talking gobbledygook.

What's there to explain?  A sidecoin is just a Bitcoin due to the 2-way peg.  The 'liquidity' is just what Bitcoin people are willing to peg to a particular sidechain.   There is no 'credit' so there is no 'credit risk'.  There are plenty of other risks associated with fraud, accidents, mis-management, etc.  This is why an entity (e.g., Blockstream) consisting of proven, trusted, and skilled people is a valuable thing.

"A sidecoin is just a Bitcoin due to the 2-way peg"?  But you talked earlier about ratios and internal circulation decisions.  If its just a bitcoin, why inflate it?

[in bold] Thats what I was looking for. So you are stating that the $100m being transferred on the side chain MUST be backed with an equivilent $100m worth of bitcoin. And thats where this falls down. You are hinting at turning bitcoin into a liquidity market when it was conceived as a peer-to-peer payment system.

For any sidechain business to compete in the settlement market, they would have to convince enough bitcoiners to handover their private keys to them. With its stellar track record of fraud and scamming, how many will? Plus, thousands of competing sidechains will exist - as I said before, liquidity will be a serious hurdle.

But its a moot point:  This is largely a daydream in the context of large interbank settlement networks. They will only on-board when they are offered a side chain solution which is essentially a copper wire solution, with the immutability of Bitcoin. A solution which effectively unhooks the requirement of holding a bitcoin to leverage the usefulness of the blockchain.  Thats what the real value proposition of Blockstream will be.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 11:31:31 AM

ignored.

he is really disgusting ... I have no idea what he's saying because he is on the  ignore list of bear shills since forever. I think many XT trolls maybe a lot of bear shills who think they can create further uncertainty and discord by pushing XT incessantly even though they have no idea how it works, except that it is divisive and good for bear profiteering FUD.

sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 11:32:15 AM

ignored.

Goodbye. The quality of your character and intellect always shone clearly through your posts.

sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 04:04:46 PM

he is really disgusting ...

Quote from: Marshall Mathers
Everybody only wants to discuss me
So this must mean I'm disgusting

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: