Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:28:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support switching Bitcoin over to Hearn's XT alt with it's exponential bloat by the first of the year 2016?
Fuck No! - 55 (43%)
Hell Yeah! - 73 (57%)
Total Voters: 128

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP. [NooNooPol]  (Read 15266 times)
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:25:16 AM

Frap.doc: "any ideas where to rehost "Gold collapsing, Bitcoin UP"? this is the only 1 i'm aware of: http://bitco.in/forum/"

The cheerleaders of banning and censoring still don't realise that they are the best supporters of their enemies. That's amazing.

XT is dead  Smiley

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:31:42 AM

BIP101 (and BIP100 as well) is gaining strength, caused by XT. That's the only thing that's important.
brg444

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:37:58 AM

BIP101 (and BIP100 as well) is gaining strength, caused by XT. That's the only thing that's important.

Both will get tossed aside once our good folks at Blockstream release their BIP for a flex cap  Smiley

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 10:46:29 AM

Both will get tossed aside once our good folks at Blockstream release their BIP for a flex cap  Smiley

And when that happens, we win.

Once blocks can grow at their own rate, blockstream will be in competition with native bitcoin, with no unfair advantage. And thats really whats going on here. Nobody gives a shit about XT v. Core.  Its about maintaining a level playing field.

Grin

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
brg444

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:49:03 AM

Once blocks can grow at their own rate, blockstream will be in competition with native bitcoin, with no unfair advantage. And thats really whats going on here. Nobody gives a shit about XT v. Core.  Its about maintaining a level playing field.

Grin

Blockstream was never meant to be in competition with Bitcoin and definitely could not pretend to any "unfair advantage". good morning lambtroll Smiley

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 11:12:12 AM

Grin

A dynamic blocksize can outgrow (and disincentivise) whatever spam attack that anyone throws at it. BIP101 has no chance against that.

Vires in numeris
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 11:37:10 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 12:20:30 PM by sAt0sHiFanClub

A dynamic blocksize can outgrow (and disincentivise) whatever spam attack that anyone throws at it. BIP101 has no chance against that.

Yeah, you truly are handicapped - finally something I agree with you on.   Grin  (joking)

Blocksize is already dynamic. Have a look at the recent block sizes, they vary from 300kb to over 900kb. Edit: Cheesy fixed to kb. Thanks RealBitcoin

However, it will be always limited by whatever max blocksize is set to. Dynamic dosn't mean infinite.

And you are right, as max size gets larger, spam attacks are disincentiveised, so not sure why you say that.  Huh

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 11:45:46 AM

Yeah, you truly are handicapped - finally something I agree with you on.   Grin  (joking)

Blocksize is already dynamic. Have a look at the recent block sizes, they vary from 300mb to over 900mb.

However, it will be always limited by whatever max blocksize is set to. Dynamic dosn't mean infinite.

And you are right, as max size gets larger, spam attacks are disincentiveised, so not sure why you say that.  Huh

You mean kilobytes. And it rarely hits 900 kb, its more like between 300-500, and if it rarely hits 1 mb, oh boy, i dont think a little delay will affect people.

Now to make it more performant i think the 4-8 mb block increase should be appropriate now, simultaneously with some internal payment processors, that can do the dust transactions inhouse (without fee, but centralized) while the big ones would go (with fee, but decentralized) on the blockchain.

XAPO,COINBASE,BITPAY, CIRCLE, etc could/should do it....

sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 11:47:07 AM

Blockstream was never meant to be in competition with Bitcoin and definitely could not pretend to any "unfair advantage". good morning lambtroll Smiley

Of course it is. To make a compelling business case fro sidechains, there has to be a large volume of traffic. The best way to get this volume ( without creating it or finding it yourself) is o take it from the existing traffic. If fee's can be forced upwards, it makes it easier to coax that traffic from native bitcoin to a privately run sidechain.

I should point out that I have no beef with the idea of sidechains. Or LN for that matter. But I feel they need to stand on their own merits, and compete for traffic on their own merits, and not through a competitive advantage achieved by an artificial price distortion.

If I was lambie, I would be inserting bouncing ponies here.  Wink

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 11:49:31 AM

Dynamic dosn't mean infinite.

Spam attacks won't be infinite either. Go home.

Vires in numeris
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 11:54:04 AM

Stick to your small blocks then, and fork off into a footnote in the history of bitcoin, Carlton

sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 11:57:31 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 12:19:52 PM by sAt0sHiFanClub

You mean kilobytes. And it rarely hits 900 kb, its more like between 300-500, and if it rarely hits 1 mb, oh boy, i dont think a little delay will affect people.

Now to make it more performant i think the 4-8 mb block increase should be appropriate now, simultaneously with some internal payment processors, that can do the dust transactions inhouse (without fee, but centralized) while the big ones would go (with fee, but decentralized) on the blockchain.

XAPO,COINBASE,BITPAY, CIRCLE, etc could/should do it....

Yes, sorry. Not since the days of the zx81 has a kilobyte been so important.!  Smiley

I'm sure that will happen - but it will happen in the context of an open market on the blockchain.

Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:48:48 PM

for someone who has been around longer than the Blockstreams shills, you should know better, Blockstream are actively trying to move bitcoin transactions off the Bitcoin blockchain.

Whatever their reasons, lower transaction volume will reduce miners income as block subsidies diminishes, that is a change to the revenue necessary to support the incentive structure inherent in Bitcoin.

now trying to disprove the obvious is disingenuous, we already know that miners are incentivized to mine the smallest blocks possible so we dont need to change Bitcoin at all, we just need to remove the cap.

every thing else is FUD.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
brg444

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:22:08 PM

for someone who has been around longer than the Blockstreams shills, you should know better, Blockstream are actively trying to move bitcoin transactions off the Bitcoin blockchain.

Whatever their reasons, lower transaction volume will reduce miners income as block subsidies diminishes, that is a change to the revenue necessary to support the incentive structure inherent in Bitcoin.

now trying to disprove the obvious is disingenuous, we already know that miners are incentivized to mine the smallest blocks possible so we dont need to change Bitcoin at all, we just need to remove the cap.

every thing else is FUD.

FUD

Miners will be able to merge mine sidechains.

"Remove the cap"

You realise how clueless you sound when you say such a thing? You think you figured it out and EVERYONE else is too dumb to understand it !? Well understand there is no support from any sides for lifting the cap completely for absolutely good reasons. So enjoy the crow because your dreams are about to be crushed, repeatedly.

By that I mean:

-XT is DOA
-8MB blocks are DOA
-Blockstream will save the day
-Sidechains will be a resounding success

Enjoy the little time you have left pretending "things are working your way"

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:31:57 PM

every thing else is FUD.

that's a whole load of stuff I did not state. what was the purpose of saying it in reply to my comment?

Vires in numeris
brg444

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:40:28 PM

every thing else is FUD.

that's a whole load of stuff I did not state. what was the purpose of saying it in reply to my comment?

Don't mind him. He's panicking.

brg444

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:05:49 PM

every thing else is FUD.

“We do support big blocks if it is implemented in Bitcoin Core. But we believe the whole ‘Bitcoin’ XT thing is manipulation,” Chun said. “While the question whether and how to increase the block-size limit is a technical one, the Bitcoin Core and ‘Bitcoin’ XT issue is political. By introducing ‘Bitcoin’ XT, Gavin Andresen and Mike Hearn are splitting the community. Totalitarianism and dictators cannot co-exist with the free and open-source software spirit.”

Chun’s opposition wasn’t subtle.

“Boycott ‘Bitcoin’ XT. Bitcoin Core forever. Gavin Andresen and Mike Hearn should resign,” he said.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 09:43:17 PM

“We do support big blocks”

Thats the key take away here. Nobody cares who he hates, or who he wants to shove his d into, or who should resign or who should run for president.

What he is saying is - "I dont give a shit what your reasons are Core, but give me big blocks or I wont support you..."

Its big blocks all the way, yo.   Grin Grin

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 01:31:40 AM

Cry  the only force i see is the censorship   Cry

Aww, sad Frap.doc has a sad.   Embarrassed

You really don't understand the enormous difference between moderation and censorship?

Or are you invoking the specter of authoritarianism in a cheap attempt to rationalize your pouting?

After all your altcoin-hater BS invoking Metcalfe's network effect, you defect and self-isolate on bitco.in's obscure forum for rage-quitters....

Have fun with the dozen or so XT dead-enders on that lost island of misfit Gavinistas!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 01:40:34 AM

“the whole ‘Bitcoin’ XT thing is manipulation,” Chun said. “the Bitcoin Core and ‘Bitcoin’ XT issue is political. By introducing ‘Bitcoin’ XT, Gavin Andresen and Mike Hearn are splitting the community. Totalitarianism and dictators cannot co-exist with the free and open-source software spirit.”

Chun’s opposition wasn’t subtle.

Boycott ‘Bitcoin’ XT. Bitcoin Core forever. Gavin Andresen and Mike Hearn should resign,” he said.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

BitFury CEO Valery Vavilov told Bitcoin Magazine: “The Bitcoin Blockchain is not an amateur project anymore – it is becoming a platform for the Global Economy of Things. Changing the base rules can affect a lot of things, thus, any changes should be done very carefully, gradually, and with tests.”

He added: “The proposed transition to the alternative client raises some concerns about its security: It is well known that key parts of the default Bitcoin Core client were thoroughly checked and sometimes formally verified, which cannot be said about alternative clients – including Bitcoin XT.”

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████