Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:26:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sex behind bars. Conjugal Visits. Good or Bad?  (Read 4116 times)
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 01:04:13 AM

I don't think they even put people in jail more than a night for weed in most places unless it's a very large amount.  If someone can't handle getting laid for a night or two they need some sort of sex addict therapy.
There's maybe 4-5 states where that's the case. And 45 states where weed can still get you months - years depending on circumstances. Especially the southern states with the insane "3 strike" laws still on the books.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:34:58 AM

I don't think they even put people in jail more than a night for weed in most places unless it's a very large amount.  If someone can't handle getting laid for a night or two they need some sort of sex addict therapy.

I just saw a post in another thread, where the OP was referring to an incident in which his friend was jailed for 3 years, for possessing 5 grams of weed. Drug laws vary from state to state in the US, but in most of the states, the possession weed, even in small quantities is punishable by months or even years behind the bars.
elusive1

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:02:21 AM

People are supposed sent to prison as punishment, not to be punished. IMO, all nonviolent prisoners should serve their sentence at home or halfway houses under house arrest.
HigsonPP

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:21:09 AM

Yeah, I think it should be allowed. Seems like rape issues would definitely be increased if they removed this.

If a murderer or a rapist gets raped in jail because jail disallows conjugal visits I'd see that as a bonus sentence to whatever the judge hands down.

Lol.. I laughed so hard at this..coz in certain ways u r ryt... but in certain cases this may be Unfair...
Their r murderers who may have committed the wrong in certain circumstances which may never occur again... and if wat I say is ryt.. then it means.. they won't commit it again... and punishment in laws are made for the betterment of the criminal.. but if such a person goes through some bad experiences in jail.. then his personality can't be mended... and then we have given ourselves a more  dangerous criminal.. in short we've shot ourselves in the foot

Mehek

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:40:46 AM

Wondering what the general consensus is regarding conjugal visits in prison. The way I see it, these criminals broke the law and it's been determined by a judge or jury that their freedom is to be taken away.

So why let criminals have sex in prison?

Do they let inmates on death row have them? If not. Why not?

What do you guys think?

If I place myself in their place, I guess I do need sex. But judging from outside, these people are put in their to suffer. And what could be the best way to make somebody suffer by not letting them have the pleasure of best thing in the world?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:28:23 AM

People are supposed sent to prison as punishment, not to be punished. IMO, all nonviolent prisoners should serve their sentence at home or halfway houses under house arrest.

The current prison system is very much rotten. They mix the non-violent offenders with the violent criminals. In the end, those who are in their 20s and teens, especially those who get punished for non-violent offences such as white collar crimes are brutalized by the violent criminals. At least they should set up separate prisons for violent criminals and the non-violent ones.
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:47:50 AM

Wondering what the general consensus is regarding conjugal visits in prison. The way I see it, these criminals broke the law and it's been determined by a judge or jury that their freedom is to be taken away.

So why let criminals have sex in prison?

Do they let inmates on death row have them? If not. Why not?

What do you guys think?

According to what I've learnt about criminal psychology.. it deems fit to allow criminals to have sex... or ryt for conjugal visits.. most of the countries are working up their laws to mend the criminal mindset.. to this effect it is necessary for the criminals to have a ryt set of mind... if they r subjected to in-jail rape.. then the whole point of mending the criminality is lost.. and it won't be of any use as such... so if sex is allowed in-jail rapes would decrease... and so... will have a good effect

Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 12:02:42 PM

If you treat an inmate like an animal for 15 years, you will release an animal to society.

If he is not fit to be released in to the society, then he should be locked up until he becomes one. And why prisoners sentenced to life imprisonment are released after 15 years? They should be there for life. Take the case of Anders Behring Breivik. He will be released from prison in less than 10 years time, despite killing 77 people in cold blood.

Going soft on criminals is different and displaying empathy to these criminals is completely different. If the fundamental function of jails is to provide a place for a person to realize his mistakes and make him a better person, start treating them like a person!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 12:17:12 PM

Going soft on criminals is different and displaying empathy to these criminals is completely different. If the fundamental function of jails is to provide a place for a person to realize his mistakes and make him a better person, start treating them like a person!

OK. Here are the things which I'll do, to "treat them like a person":

1. Provide quality food and other amenities.
2. Provide education.
3. Provide access to TV/News.
4. Provide legal help.
5. Provide medical help.

However, these are the things, which I am not going to do:

1. Allow them to bring sex-workers inside their cells.
2. Allow them to have alcohol and drugs.
3. Allow them to continue their criminal activity (through cell-phones and other means)
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 01:35:04 PM

Lol.. I laughed so hard at this..coz in certain ways u r ryt... but in certain cases this may be Unfair...
Their r murderers who may have committed the wrong in certain circumstances which may never occur again... and if wat I say is ryt.. then it means.. they won't commit it again...
This is correct, the majority of murders are acts of passion and overall there is very low recidivism for this crime. Only a small fraction of all murderers are repeat offenders, the kind we call serial killers.

Quoted for wisdom.

Prisoners per 100k people:

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
elusive1

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:10:27 AM

OK. Here are the things which I'll do, to "treat them like a person":

1. Provide quality food and other amenities.
2. Provide education.
3. Provide access to TV/News.
4. Provide legal help.
5. Provide medical help.

However, these are the things, which I am not going to do:

1. Allow them to bring sex-workers inside their cells.
2. Allow them to have alcohol and drugs.
3. Allow them to continue their criminal activity (through cell-phones and other means)

All great points, but nobody has seriously suggested sex workers, more like trying to keep families together and treat them somewhat human.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:38:30 AM

All great points, but nobody has seriously suggested sex workers, more like trying to keep families together and treat them somewhat human.

For keeping the families together, we can allow one-to-one prison meetings or phone / postal / email communication. But for violent criminals, I am against allowing sex with their girlfriends / wives. I don't think that sex is 100% essential, if the bond between the spouses is that strong. They can resume their sex lives, once they are out of prison.
ThEmporium

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:30:47 AM

Wondering what the general consensus is regarding conjugal visits in prison. The way I see it, these criminals broke the law and it's been determined by a judge or jury that their freedom is to be taken away. So why let criminals have sex in prison? Do they let inmates on death row have them? If not. Why not? What do you guys think?

Prison is for punishment. Sex is an Enjoyment and Relax. How come when the person got imprisonment as a punishment, and he has been allowed to have sex enjoyment. The reason he has been sent to Prison to make sure the value of Enjoyment and Relax at his home life which he did not think as a gift and never been thankful for it.
zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:54:49 AM

For keeping the families together, we can allow one-to-one prison meetings or phone / postal / email communication. But for violent criminals, I am against allowing sex with their girlfriends / wives. I don't think that sex is 100% essential, if the bond between the spouses is that strong. They can resume their sex lives, once they are out of prison.

100% agree with you. I think we should be discussing this differently. Violent offenders vs non violent offenders.

NonV should be able to have sex if they exhibit proper behavior and all.
V offenders should never have sex and get raped.

Yes?

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
shogdite (OP)

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:19:40 PM

What a can of whoop ass I opened in here. Im at work but tonight I'll check in and get myself up to date on this thread.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
miki77miki

Activity: 476

stop kidding me

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 05:10:58 PM

Good, it will help reduce rapes in prisons and keep everyone a lot more mellow
elusive1

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:38:08 PM

Watched this on Showtime, I felt nauseous after watching. This 19 year old kid gets 4 years in prison in 1979 for taking his deceased dads tools before probate releases them to him. He continuously acts up in prison and thirty four years later he is still there, having spent 27 of those years in solitary. He is clearly so broken from beatings and rapes, that he clearly could not function outside, even if they reduce his new parole date which is now at 2082.

http://www.democracynow.org/2014/11/20/the_life_and_mind_of_mark
muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:46:02 AM

sex behind bars its like death penalty you do you may have heart attack and the killer maybe opposite sex mate soo its consented killing lol.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:37:43 AM

Watched this on Showtime, I felt nauseous after watching. This 19 year old kid gets 4 years in prison in 1979 for taking his deceased dads tools before probate releases them to him. He continuously acts up in prison and thirty four years later he is still there, having spent 27 of those years in solitary. He is clearly so broken from beatings and rapes, that he clearly could not function outside, even if they reduce his new parole date which is now at 2082.

This is the problem with the American prison system. It allows teenaged non-violent offenders to be placed with hardcore rapists and murderers. Feel bad for DeFriest, as he was raped mainly because of his race (he was white, while the majority of the inmates in the  Florida State Prison were black). The desegregation of prisons has made American prisons a virtual death-zone for the white inmates. 
zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:58:11 AM

Watching orange is the new black had me things out this thread.
Thought I'd say hi and remind everyone that I am against sex behind bars unless its rape of a prisoner. then it is ok.

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: