Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:58:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sex behind bars. Conjugal Visits. Good or Bad?  (Read 4116 times)
brendanjhwu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:35:54 AM

Never heard of this. Thanks for the knowledge.

I did a little research and it turns out conjugal visits are only allowed for medium to low security prisons. So if you are a serial killer etc, you wouldn't be able to have them anyways.
elusive1

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:39:08 PM

Seems reasonable except many non violent offenders are in high security prisons as its the length of sentence that generally decides where you go. I assume that's for risk of trying to escape, nothing to lose discipline wise, etc. For example the Silk Road guy will be in maximum.
AceWallen

Activity: 479
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 11:25:44 PM

Wondering what the general consensus is regarding conjugal visits in prison. The way I see it, these criminals broke the law and it's been determined by a judge or jury that their freedom is to be taken away.

So why let criminals have sex in prison?

Do they let inmates on death row have them? If not. Why not?

What do you guys think?

i'm pretty much against imprisonment in most forms, so yes, i'd prefer to allow those in captivity the maximum conveniences to better their lives.

i'm not sure they would have much effect on prison rape rates. that subject goes a lot deeper than conjugal visits.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 01:30:13 AM

i'm not sure they would have much effect on prison rape rates. that subject goes a lot deeper than conjugal visits.
How to Avoid Rape in Prison - Men's

How to Avoid Rape in Prison - Women's

Both courtesy of the New York State, who would like to remind you that protecting its captives from being raped by its other captives is neither the ethical nor legal responsibility of the Prison Staff, nor the State of New York, nor the judge who passed the sentence.

New York thanks you for your compliance and understanding in this sensitive matter. Try not to get raped, folks.

P.S.

Yes, these are the REAL videos produced by the state, shown to new inmates!

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
ThEmporium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:39:59 AM

Never heard of this. Thanks for the knowledge.
I did a little research and it turns out conjugal visits are only allowed for medium to low security prisons. So if you are a serial killer etc, you wouldn't be able to have them anyways.
By giving bribe as a gift to the prison authorities any one can get conjugal visits irrespective of their crimes, and add to that few such dangerous culprits would have substantial support from any political person to whom he might have done some favor outside the prison.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:10:29 AM

Both courtesy of the New York State, who would like to remind you that protecting its captives from being raped by its other captives is neither the ethical nor legal responsibility of the Prison Staff, nor the State of New York, nor the judge who passed the sentence.

What if the inmate gets HIV, as a result of the rape? Will the state give any compensation to the vitcim, or at least fund his ARV therapy? According to a recent study by CP Krebs (Inmate Factors Associated with HIV Transmission in Prison) measured the HIV seroconversion rate at 0.70% per inmate, per 20 years. So there is a 1/100 chance of a prisoner becoming HIV positive as a result of prison rape, if he spends 30 years in prison.
zengryT

Activity: 745

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 04:22:21 AM

I still think its a bad idea. Criminals are put in jail because they are not suitable for society so their fore they should not be having sex.

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 05:23:00 PM

I still think its a bad idea. Criminals are put in jail because they are not suitable for society so their fore they should not be having sex.
Yeah, can't have them pot smokers out there mingling with the rest of society.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:45:48 AM

There is a very simple solution to this. Set up separate prison facilities for the violent and non-violent prisoners. BTW... I don't think that smoking weed should be a punishable offense. But still, if some individual is sent to jail for non-violent offenses, such as tax evasion or non-payment of child support, then he should not be housed with the rapists and murderers. This will help to reduce the prison violence as well.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:16:51 AM

But still, if some individual is sent to jail for non-violent offenses, such as tax evasion or non-payment of child support, then he should not be housed with the rapists and murderers. This will help to reduce the prison violence as well.

uhh, dunno where are you from, but in my country, it is working exactly like this and prisoners are simply separated based what they did..
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 06:35:48 PM

I don't think they can stop you for jerking the jimmy though. How would they enforce such a rule?

They could make em wear boxing gloves.

Beliathon

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 10:34:00 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 10:52:12 PM by Beliathon

But still, if some individual is sent to jail for non-violent offenses
If anyone should be going to jail for non-violent offenses, it's corrupt politicians, corrupt judges, corrupt lawyers, and corrupt cops. Once all those fuckers are behind bars we can talk about other non-violent offenses.

Until that time, any officer using physical force to kidnap a non-violent criminal should themselves be kidnapped, brought to a dungeon, and forced to learn ethics 101 and the non-aggression principle. Not released from captivity until they get score a 100 on a written test.

Just wait until we get our Revolutionary People's Police Force to counter the Status-Quo Billionaire's Agenda police force we have now. Fun times ahead.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 03:12:11 AM

uhh, dunno where are you from, but in my country, it is working exactly like this and prisoners are simply separated based what they did..

May be you are living in some European Union nation, such as Norway or Germany. In my country there is no such system, although the people have been demanding it for quite some time now. And I don't think that such a system exists in the United States, the country which is having the largest incarcerated population in the world.
pureelite

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:10:24 PM

Wondering what the general consensus is regarding conjugal visits in prison. The way I see it, these criminals broke the law and it's been determined by a judge or jury that their freedom is to be taken away.

So why let criminals have sex in prison?

Do they let inmates on death row have them? If not. Why not?

What do you guys think?

I think that the prisoner should be allowed to have sex behind bars , because he is punished . And therefore it is all the rights of a normal life. About sex with his wife was supposed to think before he commits it .
shogdite (OP)

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:17:53 AM

There is a very simple solution to this. Set up separate prison facilities for the violent and non-violent prisoners. BTW... I don't think that smoking weed should be a punishable offense. But still, if some individual is sent to jail for non-violent offenses, such as tax evasion or non-payment of child support, then he should not be housed with the rapists and murderers. This will help to reduce the prison violence as well.

How can you allow someone who is in jail for not doing his fatherly duties to have sex and maybe procreate again.
He already failed at one kid maybe more, that is why he is in prison but we should let him have more sex and make more babies?
I don't think so tim.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:32:22 AM

How can you allow someone who is in jail for not doing his fatherly duties to have sex and maybe procreate again.
He already failed at one kid maybe more, that is why he is in prison but we should let him have more sex and make more babies?
I don't think so tim.

He should not be in the jail on the first place. I don't think that non-payment of child support is an offence which requires imprisonment. Todays laws and regulations are extremely biased against the males, and I won't blame someone if he refuses to pay alimony or child support to his (ex) gold digger wife.
shogdite (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:37:59 AM

I don't think so tim.

He should not be in the jail on the first place. I don't think that non-payment of child support is an offence which requires imprisonment. Todays laws and regulations are extremely biased against the males, and I won't blame someone if he refuses to pay alimony or child support to his (ex) gold digger wife.

Sounds to me like you have some issues. Paying child support is not a choice. You have a kid take care of it and if you fail to do so then you should be locked up.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:41:31 AM

Paying child support is not a choice. You have a kid take care of it and if you fail to do so then you should be locked up.

In 99% of the cases, the custody of the kids will be given to the female spouse, while the men have to fight hard even for the visitation rights. Even if the kid wants to live with the father, he is not allowed to do so by the court. And the child support payment is not going towards the kid. It is going straight to the pocket of the (ex) wife, who will spend it the way she want.
shogdite (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:02:52 PM

Paying child support is not a choice. You have a kid take care of it and if you fail to do so then you should be locked up.

In 99% of the cases, the custody of the kids will be given to the female spouse, while the men have to fight hard even for the visitation rights. Even if the kid wants to live with the father, he is not allowed to do so by the court. And the child support payment is not going towards the kid. It is going straight to the pocket of the (ex) wife, who will spend it the way she want.

Have you been through a divorce because you come off a bit sour here. You're right that in most cases the mother is given the custody but that doesn't mean that the father does not have visitation rights and tbh the fathers who get locked up for failure to pay are normally the fathers who have no interest in spending the weekends with their kids. I dont think that all mothers out there pocket their child support either. I grew up in a house with divorced parents and my father did pay child support and almost every penny of it went to me and my sisters. My mom worked 9 hour days to be able to keep all the bills up to date and everything but neither of my parents were in great financial spots when the divorce happened.
All Im saying is that you seem bitter, maybe because your parents also got divorced and your mom pocketed all the money or maybe you went through a divorce and now your ex wife is pocketing all the money.

Either way your blanket statements are inaccurate and you should reconsider your position in this discussion because a large portion of divorces which include child support are executed flawlessly and never even see a judge.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:53:59 AM

Have you been through a divorce because you come off a bit sour here.

Nope. I have been married for more than 5 years now, and so far there have been no major issues.

You're right that in most cases the mother is given the custody

Here is the problem. Why the custody of the kid is always given to the mother? The father should also have the same rights as the mother.

All Im saying is that you seem bitter, maybe because your parents also got divorced and your mom pocketed all the money or maybe you went through a divorce and now your ex wife is pocketing all the money.

My parents have been happily married for more than 40 years now. On the other hand, by your own admission, you seem to be the one who hails from a broken family.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: