Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:32:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin wallet lifetime ?  (Read 2665 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 11:26:20 AM

-snip-
1) How are you going to spend it? You are going to print out a few hundred lines of codes and you can't really spend them. Use a paper wallet generator if you aren't going to use Bitcoin Core on a machine. Most of them have nicer layouts.

What are the differences in spending from a paper wallet with private key from Bitcoin core and other generators?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:28:32 AM

people who use online storage as cold wallet are utterly stupid. don't know why any person would still do so after plenty of hacks.

Using online storage as cold storage? I am hearing this for first time. Try to make your sig spam better by thinking before posting or you will be banned.

i'm not spamming. i meant to say that people are stupid if they store all their coins in online wallet services like blockchain.info instead of storing them offline. if you just made an effort to think before posting you would have figured that out.
iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:35:45 AM

-snip-
1) How are you going to spend it? You are going to print out a few hundred lines of codes and you can't really spend them. Use a paper wallet generator if you aren't going to use Bitcoin Core on a machine. Most of them have nicer layouts.

What are the differences in spending from a paper wallet with private key from Bitcoin core and other generators?
Other generators mostly offers a option to print in Qr code but you would require an additional program to print it for Bitcoin Core if i'm not wrong unless you are going to write down your private key. It would be much harder to spend since you have to import it into a computer but you can always sweep the amount by using mycelium or similar app if you're using Qr code. Just scan it. If you're using Bitcoin Core for solely that purpose, you're better off using other generators like bitaddress.org.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 03:12:36 PM

people who use online storage as cold wallet are utterly stupid. don't know why any person would still do so after plenty of hacks.

Using online storage as cold storage? I am hearing this for first time. Try to make your sig spam better by thinking before posting or you will be banned.

i'm not spamming. i meant to say that people are stupid if they store all their coins in online wallet services like blockchain.info instead of storing them offline. if you just made an effort to think before posting you would have figured that out.

Now I got it. You should have phrased that better. Using "main hot storage" instead of "cold storage" would have made more sense IMHO.

Other generators mostly offers a option to print in Qr code but you would require an additional program to print it for Bitcoin Core if i'm not wrong unless you are going to write down your private key. It would be much harder to spend since you have to import it into a computer but you can always sweep the amount by using mycelium or similar app if you're using Qr code. Just scan it. If you're using Bitcoin Core for solely that purpose, you're better off using other generators like bitaddress.org.

- Dumb private key(s).
 - Generate Qr code.
 - Print it.

Easy. Smiley

dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:43:09 PM

all you have to do just download a wallet maybe like multibit or electrumor create a paper wallet,if you just safe your bitcoins for a long time
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: