Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:19:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: should i move my ''saving'' to Bitcoin?  (Read 7356 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:14:06 PM

since you are saying that you can afford to lose it, i say put it in bitcoin. but if you are getting profit from your stocks(savings) at the moment i say you don't take all your money out of it and leave some be that way.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:26:55 PM

Not only your savings but as much of your spending money as you can.

Don't just hodl. Spend.

Learn the many places you can use bitcoins in your every day life and get off of the dollar. The sooner you can do that, the sooner you will be free.

But actually you need some of savings too in case something bad happen to bitcoin. You need some fiat too for emergencies

Good luck dude in my advice you should move your investment from stocks into BTCitcoin as long term like you are saying you will hold it for 5 years, in my opinion the price will dramatically get increase and it can go up to more than $5000 at this time as financial indicator showing the positive signs about it's future.

What is that price? $5000 in the next 5 years? Although the price is higher for now doesnt mean that it will be going untill $5000 for each bitcoin. That wont make any sense
Skeksis

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:31:12 PM

since you are saying that you can afford to lose it, i say put it in bitcoin. but if you are getting profit from your stocks(savings) at the moment i say you don't take all your money out of it and leave some be that way.

I was going to suggest the classic line of don't invest what you can't afford to lose - and I'm sure it has already been suggested - but it's true. Personally I wouldn't put all your savings in bitcoin but invest an amount you are comfortable with. I think in the long run bitcoin will be a good investment with great returns but remember nothing is guranteed.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:47:55 PM

I was going to suggest the classic line of don't invest what you can't afford to lose - and I'm sure it has already been suggested - but it's true. Personally I wouldn't put all your savings in bitcoin but invest an amount you are comfortable with. I think in the long run bitcoin will be a good investment with great returns but remember nothing is guranteed.

Nothing is guaranteed but this is a good move to invest your savings into bitcoins and If you have a patience to hold it for next 5 years without using it then I believe you can expect great return on investment in the future and there are also many other advantages of holding bitcoins.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 03:58:52 PM

Only invest what you can afford to lose

A great many famous people have said this like...umm...hmm...

well, I'm sure a few people that spent their lives working hard only to retire with a minimal retirement said that and lived a half way normal boring life

you only get one life...throw some risk in there

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
mearylll

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:18:07 PM

Only invest what you can afford to lose

A great many famous people have said this like...umm...hmm...

well, I'm sure a few people that spent their lives working hard only to retire with a minimal retirement said that and lived a half way normal boring life

you only get one life...throw some risk in there

"Live Life The Fullest..There is No Tommorrow"

I Agree with you that we have only one life to live and we need to make the best use of it. And taking risks sometimes is also a fun I guess. It is better to take a risk rather then not taking a risk and regret in the future and I believe investing in bitcoin would be the best option available at present.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:24:32 PM

if you had $100,000 to invest, I would not say put it all in BTC...but
since its only $1200, I say go for it.

EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 06:28:41 PM

I would trade it buy low sell high  Grin

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:41:42 PM

Like others are saying, don't invest all your saving in bitcoins. Since you can afford to lose some money you should try your luck at investing on bitcoins. There is no guarantee that you will make profit or loss.

So keep some money as "saving/stocks" if you are gaining some stable profits and for emergency use. Invest rest on bitcoins.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:52:22 PM

i have about 1200 Dollar in stocks(savings). should i just move those Money and buy BTC for them instead ? and Hodl for atleast 5 years ?

There is no need to "sell" them in 5 years.
If you can't spend them by then, everything will be worthless.

Bitcoin is not about making "money".
Bitcoin *is* money.

Once your fiat is converted there is no need to convert it back, except if you are a trader.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:53:05 PM

WOW the confidence in Bitcoin on here is overwhelming....not.

Of course he should put that money into Bitcoin. What better place is there for the next few years?

Of course I would also advise on buying Gemz cause its going to blow up pretty soon. 

http://getgems.org/
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:10:22 PM

Absolutely not,

If you play to speculation,you will lose money 99% sure
And bitcoin is not a place to play money, because it can go up or down really quickly
Sakarias-Corporation (OP)

Activity: 574

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 07:13:10 PM

949.4 Dollar left. my fingers are aching to press that BUY

Tarantino

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:14:46 PM

Absolutely not,

If you play to speculation,you will lose money 99% sure
And bitcoin is not a place to play money, because it can go up or down really quickly

What? The fact that bitcoin goes up and down is exactly why you can make money on it. Nothing is guranteed but that's the nature of speculation and investments, but I know people who make a nice little profit on trading bitcoins and alts.
daddybios
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1098

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 07:16:31 PM

You can buy Bitcoins. But the money that can not afford to lose. Nobody does not guarantee that the price will go up.
But I think that a number of Bitcoins to keep skipped.

Freedom to Ross Ulbricht!
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:39:22 PM

You can buy Bitcoins. But the money that can not afford to lose. Nobody does not guarantee that the price will go up.
But I think that a number of Bitcoins to keep skipped.

Yes you can buy bitcoins at present looking at the downfall of the prices of bitcoins and can hold it for the future and no financial investment guarantees us the profit it is adoption and luck factor that will decide the future but investing in bitcoin is a good idea at a moment.
BlitzandBitz

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:42:52 PM

you should never invest your "savings" that's how a lot of people lost their money in 08.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:01:15 PM

It also depends where you live, for instance in my country funds up to 100,000 euro are kinda protected by bank and governement against the bank going bancrupt.

This is true only in theory...
it is true if it is just one bank but if happens for many banks?
Let's see what happens in Greece and we'll see whether this is true or not.
lawnmowerIO

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 10:40:24 PM

Check out www.lawnmower.io - a free iOS and Android app that helps you convert your spare change into bitcoin.

Super easy way to passively acquire bitcoin over time by connecting your spending habits with your "saving" habits - in bitcoin Smiley
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:46:12 AM

if the value of your stocks have been falling, id say just convert them into bitcoin, the value of btc has been rising steadily for the last week or so, maybe the trend will ocntinue; better than stocks that keep deprecating.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: